Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Looking at Mewtwo's shoulders, I instantly thought of Gotenks. =p I guess I'm always expecting a DBZ influence on him now.

Anyway, I like how Fennekin and Froakie are shaping up so far. Chespin is... er... well... looking less like my 'mon than ever.

Chespin's evolution kinda reminds me of Crash Bandicoot. It's a bit dumb, but second-stage starters nearly always look awkward. I like second-stage Froakie a lot less, honestly; Fennekin-in-a-skirt is definitely the best of the bunch.

I'm surprised that the new Mega Mewtwo isn't pleasing people who didn't like the first one. I don't care much either way since I was never a huge fan of Mewtwo's design to begin with, but I don't think it looks any worse now.

Also, hasn't everyone wanted a T-Rex Pokemon forever? There's a T-Rex now, guys! Lookit!

Well looks like I'm going with Fennekin after all, I just can't deal with Chespin's several weaknesses if it really does evolve to be part dark. And it's about time we got a motherfucking T Rex, now all we need is a dolphin.

Now watch Chespin get the most badass second stage evolution.

pokemon_xy_scan-5.jpg

A T. rex Pokemon... finally! This is so not-meh! wub.png

You're making Tyranitar sad Komodin.

New Mega Mewtwo form is ummmmmmmmmmmm....... Like, FTW? Like, I now appreciate the first form much more.

So they created a new Mewtwo for it to become a She-Mewtwo while the original is still a man. xD

Everything else is fine, except Chespin's evo is fucking ridiculous.

Also, Mega Garchomp is

pacific-rim-kaiju-818934.jpeg

!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah...what about Tyranitar...

And Chespin's first stage does look like Crash Bandicoot in a way...it really looks like an inflated Chespin hahaha.

Cool a Rock/Dragon type T-Rex Pokemon. It's apparent compliment (Rock/Ice) on the bottom right of Komodin's post looks cute. Watch it evolve into something monstrously different. Seems to be the fossil Pokemon of the region too. I may grab whatever is available in X.

Edited by TheChaosBacon

Too bad the dinosaur pony Pokémon will completely destroy it.

And the motherfucking T Rex can destroy it right back with its rock and dragon type advantages. They are weak to one another.

• Thumbs Up 1

How are they going to differentiate between the two MegaMewtwo forms? Will they call them MegaMewtwo X and MegaMewtwo Y?

Or will the first one by MegaMewtwo and this new one be MegaMewtwo...two?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure on the starter evolutions, well Chespin anyway, the other two are pretty cool though I was hoping Fennekin's would stay four legged for a change.

I'm really liking both dinosaur Pokemon and the bipedal double tailed cat thing a LOT.

Mega other Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp are okay I guess. Sand Force is actually less gamebreaking than Sand Veil in a hax way, but Garchomp in a Sandstorm will be powerful as fuck, even if it has Rough Skin when not in mega form, as that's a pretty good ability too.

Also the possible Rock/Ice and Rock/Dragon typings check out with that rumour of the Pokedex listings, actually. Mini-diplodocus has ice crystals on it, while Mini-t-rex has could easily be a Dragon as dinosaurs are dragons, remember?

Steel losing resistances kind of sucks, Honedge is introduced in a generation where it's not weak to Dark and Ghost. I just wish Ice had resisted something else as well. On the plus side, Bronzong is now easier to defeat. Steel did like resist everything so it seems a little more defensively balanced now, but still resists most of the type chart.

And Eelektross is now the only Pokemon with no weaknesses, fuck you all tongue.png though it'll still no doubt be not insanely good because of low speed, sadly, as that's literally the only thing holding it back.

Edited by Semi-colon e

How are they going to differentiate between the two MegaMewtwo forms? Will they call them MegaMewtwo X and MegaMewtwo Y?

Or will the first one by MegaMewtwo and this new one be MegaMewtwo...two?

From what I read on Serebii, the former is the case.

• If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.

I think they got those confused with one another. The second forme is similar to Mewtwo while the first is Mew.

The cats name is Espurr in English and it's evo is Meowstick

The Fairy type chart wasn't 100%, but it did have most of it right.

Fennekin is definetely going to be Fire/Psychic, but I'm not sure about Froakie being Water/Fighting and Chespin being Grass/Dark. It'll most likely be Water/Flying and Grass/Ground.

• If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
I think they got those confused with one another. The second forme is similar to Mewtwo while the first is Mew.

The cats name is Espurr in English and it's evo is Meowstick

The Fairy type chart wasn't 100%, but it did have most of it right.

Fennekin is definetely going to be Fire/Psychic, but I'm not sure about Froakie being Water/Fighting and Chespin being Grass/Dark. It'll most likely be Water/Flying and Grass/Ground.</p>

I sure hope this is the case because having more than five weaknesses seems overkill for a starter. Plus Toterra might finally know how Blaziken feels :P

And Poison

At least Poison HAS resistances and fewer weaknesses than Ice. Poison got the offensive buff it needed, slightly. Ice is already grand offensively, but the lack of resistances is horrendous. The change to the type chart probably makes it worse, as Steel is now better offensively for fairy, so Ice types actually have to worry more about Steel attacks.

Also Gallade isn't weak to Fairy, sweet!

I find it hilarious that the new MegaMewtwo X they were keeping secret for so long is actually more faithful to its original design than the well-known MegaMewtwo Y.  And it's Psychic/Fighting, too?  Way, way back before we even knew about Mega Evolutions and it was rumoured that Mewtwo was getting two new formes, I speculated (don't know if I posted it, though) that one of them would be special-focussed and the other physical, so it looks like I was right.  MegaGarchomp looks like exactly the beast it was feared to be, and I guess that's fitting.

In non-Mega news, I like all of the new Pokemon showcased today.  The little diplodocus thing is way cute, and the so-called llama's customisable coat will be pretty cool if they make sure that all the trainers in the game have them customised too.  The second-tier starters... Froakie's is just more froggy and Fennekin is kind of what everyone predicted, but Chespin's a real wild card.  What's it going to end up as?  A big rolling Sonic parody?

And Team Flare's five scientists look... like I need a bigger picture to determine, but pretty goofy, as is their plan: To create a beautiful world.  It seems like they're aiming a little lower than previous evil teams.  Wonder how they plan to pull this off?  Ah, but hopefully this means that the Pokemon they use will be actually interesting rather than the tedious early-game common Pokemon we usually see over and over again in Team Whatever's hands.

Well I just woke up to these amazing news!!! Ill discuss every bit:

-Mega mewtwo X is awful in my eyes. Not the worst thing in the world, but definitely Ill be picking up Y for his other forme wich is much better in my opinion.

-Starter evos *fangasm* lets start with chespin wich as everyone stated is awfully hilarious!!! definitely wont be picking him up, but maybe his final evo will be nice. Fennekins evo... Decided Ill be getting Fennekin now, that evo is fantastic, it keeps its awesome style and its just awesome (the stick is weird though) and finally Froakie, I also like his evolution, quite slick, but in my eyes not as awesome as fennekins.

-T-Rex and Diplodocus: I just adore these >w< how much did we wait for a proper T-Rex!!! and dont go with Tyranitar, because he does have Tyrant in its name, but looks nothing like a T-Rex, more like a Kaiju. These are defintely our fossils for this gen!

-Alpaca/Llama wich turns out to be a dog: Still awesome looking and quite unique!!! since you can customize it (cant believe it hasnt been discussed much here) it can be compared to a poodle as in you can "shave it" and leave it stylish or wooly.

-Mega Garchomp looks beastly.... literally looks like one of those kaijus from Pacific Rim... like it wasnt op to begin with, but design wise I like it.

-The new cat pokemon with gender formes: Not gonna lie at first I instantly thought of a fan-made Pokemon (looks like something a fakemon artist would do XP ) but I now like it very much!!! at first the very first pokemon revealed was making me think this gen wouldnt have too many awesome Pokémon , but everytime we get cooler and cooler Pokés, so I think thisll be a great gen : )

Also... I hope that T-Rex turns into something badass. Cause it looks cool n cute right now, but one of his features is that white collar and orange spikes. I just hope it doesnt turn out to be a fat ugly T-rex or an overly cramped designed evolution, and it better not be a cute T-rex with a white beautiful coat XD

So, wait. That "alpaca" is actually a poodle with some sort of super hair-stylin' ability? I think that might be my favourite new thing here.

I didn't even notice the Team Flare guys tucked away in the corner there, but they look pretty cool. I'm glad there's a proper set of minibosses this time; Team Plasma felt a little empty to me without real Admins.

• Thumbs Up 1