Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

OMG Chespin's evo looks so cheerful. I never expected it to have such a bulky frame but I did expect it to be jovial like it's pre-evo.

Yep, still sticking with Chespin as my starter.

• Thumbs Up 7

All the starter evolutions look absolutely ridiculous, with Froakie's being the least outrageous. What the hell were you thinking, Game Freak? They look horrendous. Chespin wins the award for worst Pokemon Starter of all time. And the other form for Mewtwo looks just as bad as his first. While the other one looks like he's become the smaller and more childlike version of the original, this one just looks stupid. I can't stand any of them, I'm sorry.

Mega Garchomp looks pretty badass though, and the new T-Rex Pokemon is a winner. The rest I can give or take, they're just sorta there. :/

Edited by Symbotic

Fennekin is looks so cute. <3

IKR? It looks like a cute witch and makes me excited to see what it's final evo is.

Froakie's middle evo looks good....good. I was gonna choose him anyway. To be honest we all know that their final evos are what really matter in terms of design.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mega Mewtwo X seems interesting. Too bad it's design sucks serious balls. Dem legs are hideous (and this is from a guy who kinda liked the original Mega Evo).

Steel losing resistanse to Dark and Ghost and Mega Garchomp... it's official.

Game Freak: How do we balanced game?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

FINALLY, a bonafied T-Rex Pokemon at long last, and a long Neck Diplo/Brachiosaurus like Dinosaur to boot. Took them 6 Generations to get them in.

But dammit, Chespin's second evo.........what the blazes man, that really killed my hype for it, hopefully it's final evo better be awesome looking. Fennekin's and Froakie's evo's look fine, through I don't get what's up with the stick in it's tail.

Interesting that theirs a Mega Mewtwo form for each game but Mega Garchomp......well that's just the apocalypse right their.

Wait I always thought that Cranidos and Rampardos were T.Rex like

He's more based on the Pachycephalosauria

500px-Pachycephalosauria_jmallon.jpg

god damn ninja!Verte

Edited by Soniman

But dammit, Chespin's second evo.........what the blazes man, that really killed my hype for it, hopefully it's final evo better be awesome looking. Fennekin's and Froakie's evo's look fine, through I don't get what's up with the stick in it's tail.

I think it's just me but I'm getting a Water/Dragon vibe from Froakie's last evo.

Wait I always thought that Cranidos and Rampardos were T.Rex like

Cranidos is more of a Pachycephalosaurus.

Ninja'd twice? Damn robbers!

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Too bad the dinosaur pony Pokémon will completely destroy it.

Pretty sure that is a Loch Ness Monster.

EDIT: Or a Brachio, like everyone else said.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Weird that Ice would be associated with a brachiosaur-type thing; I was expecting the Rock/Ice fossil to be a sabretooth cat or something. Not that I have a problem with it; it looks super cute, and I like it more than the T. Rex.

I wish we'd get another gen with more than two fossils, so we can get some one-stage or otherwise unusual fossil Pokemon like Aerodactyl in addition to the customary duo of two-stages.

For people worried about Fennekin, don't forget the Pokébeach rumors: Fire/Psychic.

All of those rumors have (more or less) proven true, and now we have more credibility. Two Mewtwo forms, a cat-like psychic type. Yeah, I'd say there's nothing to worry about. The stick in Fennekin's evo's tail makes me think mage, anyway.

IKR? It looks like a cute witch and makes me excited to see what it's final evo is.

Oh, good idea.  The stick in its tail - maybe its tail becomes a witch's broom that it rides around on?  It already looks a little like that, now that I look at it that way.

Curious that the movesets seem to be pointing to Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic, Water/Flying, though (Chespin gets Mud Shot, Fennekin Psychocut, Froakie Bounce).  Grass/Ground and Water/Flying neutralise each other, but that then leaves Fennekin vulnerable to both.

Shit I missed the new scans? Since Crow seen 'em here's his thoughts.

For starters I do love the Tyrannosaurs pokemon for sure. I've been asking for it for the longest time now and I finally got it. I guess you could say Tyranitar but he's more based on kaiju, namely Godzilla. I forgot the others but the Absol expy which does look neat.

Now for the two revealed Mega forms. Mewtwo becomes a frickin' cat-frog thing. While I like the call back to its original design it looks too.... Bleh. Mega Garchomp is like everyone said, unnecessary. Design-wise it isn't as exciting as the original and it looks it like mutated horribly. I might as well name it Dagon now for lulz.

Some more observations: Chespin looks to be wearing a squire's attire or a knight's armor.

Froakie may become like a ninja, fitting with the predicted water/fighting.

The witch's broom in Fennekin's tail further hints at a psychic typing.

The brachiosaur's ability makes Hyper Beam an ice move. Goodbye, dragons!

Also, Venusaur is a fairy counter due to poison typing. Sweet!

Some more observations: Chespin looks to be wearing a squire's attire or a knight's armor.

Froakie may become like a ninja, fitting with the predicted water/fighting.

The witch's broom in Fennekin's tail further hints at a psychic typing.

The brachiosaur's ability makes Hyper Beam an ice move. Goodbye, dragons!

Also, Venusaur is a fairy counter due to poison typing. Sweet!

tumblr_msyt34xj0W1qdjcg5o1_r1_500.jpg

Someone thinks it's a Rouge or thief, but close enough.

So, the 6th Gen starters are just playing a giant game of Dungeons and Dragons.

...Explains why they seem so hellbent on slaying the Dragon type with mystical fairy aides.

• Thumbs Up 5