Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

*sees Yveltal's art*

*knows deep down that despite everything pointing to "EVIL", the games and/or animé WILL infect it with Misunderstooditus*

*sees Yveltal's art*

*knows deep down that despite everything pointing to "EVIL", the games and/or animé WILL infect it with Misunderstooditus*

Your butthurt about M16 is really annoying.

You're not helping anything in this topic with posts like that, which I find more annoying than anything, so stop.

So Xerneas has a type advantage over Yveltal, right?  That may well be a good thing, narratively.  Yveltal looks like serious bad news.

...I wonder how Team Flare is involved with them, if at all.  Xerneas seems to fit their standards of beauty better, but they might conceivably wish to use Yveltal to destroy the previous ugly world prior to creating their beautiful one.  That would all be very cliché for Pokemon villains, though, so I'm hoping they have something more interesting in mind.  Like, say, they actually want to neutralise Yveltal as it threatens their beautiful future.

Also, I keep noticing this but I haven't seen anyone point it out, although they must have: The rainbow DNA-pattern that appears above Pokemon when they Mega Evolve is in the Japanese logo of X and Y, which seems to indicate that Mega Evolution is actually a fairly significant aspect of the game and not just something for the committed.

It's not just M16 y'know. It's all over the place in the series.

Also, I keep noticing this but I haven't seen anyone point it out, although they must have: The rainbow DNA-pattern that appears above Pokemon when they Mega Evolve is in the Japanese logo of X and Y, which seems to indicate that Mega Evolution is actually a fairly significant aspect of the game and not just something for the committed.

There is a tower that has something to do with Mega Evolutions, so I'm pretty sure that it will be a fairly significant aspect of the game and story.

There are also trainers that will have Mega Pokémon like Korrina (she has one of those rings) and even the new model or whatever she is:

UT2JSUC.png

I'm pretty sure that the rivals, Gym leaders, Team Flare bosses, Elite 4 and Champion will all have a Mega Pokémon.

Also, wasn't Corless always talking about how he wanted to make Pokémon use their true power or something like that?

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Xerneas has a type advantage over Yveltal, right?  That may well be a good thing, narratively.  Yveltal looks like serious bad news.

It's probably symbolic of the fact that whenever destruction or death takes place, life and creation always finds a way to spring forth from it. So Xerneas embodies that which Yveltal has no true toehold against, hence the type advantage.

It's not just M16 y'know. It's all over the place in the series.

Even so, complaining about how bad it is isn't solving anything.

It's probably symbolic of the fact that whenever destruction or death takes place, life and creation always finds a way to spring forth from it. So Xerneas embodies that which Yveltal has no true toehold against, hence the type advantage.

Pretty funny how black & white the morality is considering what the last generation dealt with.

Even so, complaining about how bad it is isn't solving anything.

Sorry to butt in, but I'm just curious. What's M16? The only M16 I know of is the gun...

Edited by KrazyBean

M16 = Movie 16.

And one of the many problems I had with it was that Genesect wasn't really evil (and even if Red was, he turns good at the end in a half arsed manner anyway and receives little comeuppance for endangering several lives). And after having that same old plot point of "evil-looking guy ain't really evil" brought up again, it felt really tiring to me. Seriously, it's happened in like half of the films.

M16 = Movie 16.

And one of the many problems I had with it was that Genesect wasn't really evil (and even if Red was, he turns good at the end in a half arsed manner anyway and receives little comeuppance for endangering several lives). And after having that same old plot point of "evil-looking guy ain't really evil" brought up again, it felt really tiring to me. Seriously, it's happened in like half of the films.

your asking way to much from a children's video game based show. But back on topic

I would like them to reveal the lengendary trio of the kalos region

Know whats more tiring? Expecting Pokemon movies to be good.

As shocking as it may be, a few actually are. 

I would like them to reveal the lengendary trio of the kalos region

People predicting a Z shape Pokemon (based on a serpent of some sort), and there's a rumor of a infinity shaped/themed Pokemon to go along with the theme of life and death (as in a neverending cycle)

If only more were.

Totally betting on an Ouroborus as the third to the legendary trio

I'm gonna call it Terumi :D Blazblue reference ftw

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty funny how black & white the morality is considering what the last generation dealt with.

Interesting analysis, and I'd like to take this further, if possible.  Obviously, Xerneas is a representative, even embodiment - though more likely just an ambassador - of the land, whereas Yveltal is a creature of the sky.  Yveltal can also attack with any one of its appendages, whereas none of Xerneas's look quite so much like weapons.  Design-wise, I'm certain that we get a sense that Yveltal is a force of aggression, and Xerneas one of peace.  But how does this tie into the stated theme of "beauty"?  It can't be so simple as "Xerneas good, Yveltal bad" - they'd never overtly classify one of their cover legendaries as villainous and the other as heroic.  Have the main games done that old canard, "the circle of life," yet?  Yveltal as a kind of cleansing force destroying the corrupt old world to give way to a new world and nature fostered by Xerneas?  That Yveltal art depicts it surrounded by medieval-style ruins, and there was reference in some of the fluff on the new Pokemon to a former king of the Kalos region (yes, it's in the Furfrou details).  So maybe that's a former state of the Kalos region wiped out by Yveltal, with Xerneas guarding the present incarnation of Kalos.  This could well work with Team Flare's aim of creating a beautiful world - in Y, say, they want to harness Yveltal to destroy the present world so that they can rebuild it according to their designs, and in X, they want to harness Xerneas to create a new world directly.  But as I said on the previous page, this is all very cliché... but perhaps it just depends upon how you present it.

People predicting a Z shape Pokemon (based on a serpent of some sort), and there's a rumor of a infinity shaped/themed Pokemon to go along with the theme of life and death (as in a neverending cycle)

If the speculative Z-Pokemon represents the cycle itself, maybe its emergence is what whips the other two legendaries into action - sends Yveltal into a destructive rage and encourages Xerneas's creative impulses.  Or becalms the one and awakens the other.  It could be either benevolent or malevolent that way - or more likely both.  Although that would be more fitting from something that's not just a Z but an Ourobouros or even an infinity-shaped Ourobouros.  You could do something with formes, or maybe even two of them, male and female (XY and XX), one associated with Xerneas and the other Yveltal, and which can combine into a single being?

All getting a bit elaborate here, but it seems to tie together.  Will be very interesting to see what actually turns out to be true.

Maybe it could be a Zerouborus to kill two birds with one stone

or better yet a Cerouborus

hehhehgetitcuzceroiszeroinspanishandismyusernamehehe*wheezedie*

I feel like Xerneas is just as neutral in the cycle of life as Yveltal is. While Yveltal is a Destruction Pokemon and will cause damage for the sake of bringing things to an end, Xerneas may be predisposed to keep things the way they are. As in, keep everything alive in a state of stagnation, never growing old and passing on. 

Think of Merlina from Sonic and the Black Knight and apply it to Xerneas. Yveltal would then be Sonic in that scenario, wanting the cycle of life to continue, thus submitting to the fact that living things must die.

The plot of X and Y can be adjusted to establish the respective Big Bad: Pokemon Y has Yveltal, or Team Flare manipulating Yveltal, wanting to nuke everything and start the world again with a clean slate. Pokemon X has Xerneas, or Team Flare manipulating Xerneas, wanting to keep the land "beautiful" forever, and stop the flow of life so that it can never die, and remain "beautiful." It would be a nice way to set the stage for the game while keeping the overall message the same.

august_p06_09.jpg

Pokemon can hold more than one item now it seems.

Smogon is fucked. Heck, the whole metagame battle system is fucked.

Those art pieces are GODLIKE!

Visually they're incredible, IMO. Story-wise...Let's not talk about that. xD

Edited by ArtFenix

If anything they'd only want Xerneas/Yveltal so they could showcase them and charge people obscene amounts of cash to do so.