Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

The problem was there were many more water types that were better, but barely any good grass types available, so people went for strategy over looks and just used the global link to get Oshawott.

Lilligant beats the ever loving shit out of Serperior for utility, and can be obtained in Black with a trade. Oshawott is competing against like.... Carracosta, who's slow as shit and has many weaknesses (and you go for Archeops if you want efficiency anyway)? Seismitoad? Basculin? Simipour, who is only obtainable easily if you don't pick Oshawott anyway? Swanna, who is good but fragile as shit? I suppose there's Jellicent, but he's late. In BW2, you've got more options like Lapras, Vaporeon and Starmie, but Samurott is by far the most useful Water type in BW1. I don't know about popularity, but I would imagine Samurott is the most useful starter for the ingame. Emboar is really slow and lacks good Fighting STAB for most of the game, while Serperior has shit all offensive capabilities without set up. Samurott has the nice middle ground with fair offenses, fair bulk, and while it's not slow, it's not overly slow that it's outsped by everything, Megahorn for one Heart Scale is also really nice.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Really?  I would've thought it was Oshawott because of Samurott. 

From the pre-release hype, the starter that most people seemed to care about was Snivy. Oshawott was the odd one for quite some time, even after the final stages being leaked.

And to tell the truth, I've never seen much people care about Samurott with the exception being here.

I actually went with Snivy even if I didn't really liked any of the 5th gen starters

Edited by Tmsp

If Fennekin's final form is fire/fighting, I'm immediately disowning the possibility of me choosing it.

There is an extremely high possibility that Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type at his/her last evo due to Braixen using the stick as a wand to attack and the fact that he/she can learn Psyshock (I think.)

I really hope that Froakie will be Water/Fighting when he/she reaches his/her final evo. Water/Flying is not as good as Water/Fighting, but Frogadier looks more agile than a brute so Water/Flying makes more sense but then again he/she can completely change in his/her final form.

If this is the case then Chespin will be Grass/Dark in his/her final form. This would make a 2-way rock-paper-scissors circle.

Edited by KrazyBean

If this is the case then Chespin will be Grass/Dark in his/her final form. This would make a 2-way rock-paper-scissors circle.

But if that happens then Chespin will be the first starter pokemon with seven weaknesses, due to the fact that dark is now weak against fairy.

Edited by Johnny Boy

I've often chosen the Grass-type (but occasionally Fire-type) starters myself. This is the first time a Water-type has appealed to me more. If Frogadier's evolved form looks just as awesome as the rest of its line, then it's a done deal. (It also looks like it's going to be stealthy/quick, which is great.)

So the Chespin - warrior thing seems about right, what the evo being Quill + Paladin.

But Froakie's is Frog + Brigadier...

It might be Frog + grenadier, as someone suggested on Tumblr. Their theory seems to match up well.

But if that happens then Chespin will be the first starter pokemon with seven weaknesses, due to the fact that dark is now weak against fairy.

True, but the other two will have loads of weaknesses in total so it's not so bad for Chespin in particular...although he will get the worst of it.

Fire/Psychic is weak to:

• Water
  • Rock 
  • Ground
  • Dark
  • Ghost

Water/Fighting is weak to:

• Electric
  • Grass
  • Flying
  • Psychic
  • Fairy

Grass/Dark is weak to:

• Bug (4x weakness...ouch)
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Poison
  • Flying
  • Fighting
  • Fairy

If this happens then Froakie will have 5 weaknesses, 5 for Fennekin and 7 for Chespin (with one being a 4x weakness) if this is gonna be their final types. I'm sure that these Pokemon can learn moves to counter their weaknesses though so it wouldn't be so bad.

Edited by KrazyBean

Fire/Psychic is not weak to Bug.  Bug is neutral because Fire resists it.  

Oh yeah, edited now...so Fennekin and Froakie will both have 5 weaknesses. Chespin definitely has the short end of the stick BUT, give him a Rock type move and BAM, 4 weaknesses gone (Bug, Fire, Ice, Flying).

He/she can learn Rollout so this is a good start I guess. PLUS, he/she can learn Mud Shot and that would take care of his Poison weakness too.

Funnily enough, this means that if this ends up being Chespin's final tying, he will have the most weaknesses AND the least amount of weaknesses at the same time compared to the other two starters. If he has crappy speed or crappy defences though then this will all not matter anyway.

Edited by KrazyBean

I'm really hoping this game has a Challenge mode like BW2 did and if so I hope even more that it's selectable from the get-go. Pokemon games are just too easy for me now and the inclusion of a hard mode will probably make the initial play through so much more fun for me.

I suspect we'll actually be seeing Fire/Psy, Grass/Fight, Water/Dark, in which case...

Water/Dark:

* Grass
* Electric

* Fighting
* Bug

Four weaknesses, while Chespin would have...

Grass/Fight:

* Flying (4x)
* Fire
* Ice
* Poison
* Psychic

Which I think is a better spread overall because it doesn't leave Chespin out in the cold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokemon Company teasing an 'surprise' announcement this Monday at 8 AM U.S. PDT. on their Twitters and Facebooks. Here's the Twitter link. What o what could it be? Maybe it's teasing something relating to that 'Gotta Catch Em' All' video in some way? Maybe a new site?

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/378911540792942592

Edited by TheChaosBacon

I suspect we'll actually be seeing Fire/Psy, Grass/Fight, Water/Dark, in which case...

Water/Dark:

* Grass

* Electric

* Fighting

* Bug

Four weaknesses, while Chespin would have...

Grass/Fight:

* Flying (4x)

* Fire

* Ice

* Poison

* Psychic

Which I think is a better spread overall because it doesn't leave Chespin out in the cold.

That could work. In terms of design Frogadier looks a bit sly, so Dark typing makes sense and Quailadin looks bulky and can probably smash your face.

Edited by KrazyBean

True, but the other two will have loads of weaknesses in total so it's not so bad for Chespin in particular...although he will get the worst of it.

Fire/Psychic is weak to:

• Water
  • Rock 
  • Ground
  • Dark
  • Ghost

If he's lucky, he'll be like Victini, who's offensive enough to make his weaknesses irrelevant.  I had a friend build an entire team around the sole purpose of shutting down Victini (as he kept annihilating his previous teams) while maintaining some form of all around offense.

Also, I picked Snivy this gen, though the only knowledge I had of any of the three was the whole smugleaf meme and what was shown to me in game.  Visually, he has the best looking final evo, but he's another Blaziken, in which he needs his dream ability to be any sort of relevant threat.  It helps that he can learn several dragon based moves though.

If he's lucky, he'll be like Victini, who's offensive enough to make his weaknesses irrelevant.  I had a friend build an entire team around the sole purpose of shutting down Victini (as he kept annihilating his previous teams) while maintaining some form of all around offense.

Victini is a legendary though, so it makes sense that he'll be OP.

And yet Victini is UU, ergo not OP even with V-create. The Fire starter will probably be NU unless it has really good stat distribution and an amazing movepool.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

On somewhat related news: 

-Pokemon smash distribution of Sableye in Poke Centers has special moves Octazooka and Tickle.

Also something that I thought was nice is some info on the X / Y animé, where it shows that as usual Team Rocket is following Satoshi/Ash, but what seems to be an interesting point is that on his way through Ash sees a MegaBlaziken and a MegaGarchomp wreaking havoc in town. Its a nice way of introducing mega evos in the story IMO (although Im not much of a fan of the anime).

Why Sableye is getting Okutank Cannon is beyond me, since it's not related to Okutank itself. :/

Also, Pyroar isn't getting all the Lion King gags.

Now all we need is a fully animated video of this, and the views would come rolling in :D.

So...when are they gonna show Pokemon Smash today and where can I watch it?

They only air on Saturdays.

To watch it, you need to live in Japan or either just watch via stream or do it by yourself using KeyHoleTV.

When they are showing important stuff we usually post some links here, other than those days it's just people doing weird Pokémon related stuff.

Edited by Tmsp

They only air on Saturdays.

To watch it, you need to live in Japan or either just watch via stream or do it by yourself using KeyHoleTV.

When they are showing important stuff we usually post some links here, other than those days it's just people doing weird Pokémon related stuff.

I wanted to know when they are airing it because they said that they're going to unveil some new Mega Evolutions.

Edited by KrazyBean