Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So, hey. What are the chances there'll be Dreamworld art being added to the site before the game's release? It makes me wonder if it'd be possible for someone to leak Pokémon that way. >/a

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that they seemed to stick with the B/W style soundfont, with the more electronic sounding sounds rather than emulation of actual instruments. I was really hoping the 3DS' sound card would be put to good use for stuff like this -

Those trumpets, that guitar~  ♥♥♥

Also compare the original version of Decisive Battle! N to the instrumental remix from the official album - +

God damn it instruments just make it sound so much better. Feels like such a missed opportunity. Though the professor's theme is a good exception of this, because that sounds super chill and great and I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're seriously sticking with that honky-ass soundfont when we've got such godly soundtracks from the likes of Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Seriously?

Ugh.

Edited by NOPE
  • Thumbs Up 2

Level 9 and under Zekrom?? C'mon man, do you want to trade or not?!!

They don't.  In fact...

I put up requests like that in the past so I could do the GTS trick without people taking my Pokémon. Is that bad? 8[

This is what they're doing.  Yes it's bad, because you can't even screw them over with a hack Reshiram/Zekrom, etc.  Made the GTS pretty much worthless.

As for blocking hackmons, I hope the extent is merely illegal moves/abilities.  Anything more complex is just going to be a massive headache.

Gym theme remixes for sure. Best thing to come outta BW2, and I hope they stick around forever.

Pulling out the main theme for Gym Leaders' final Pokemon was a good idea, but it's a little silly when you're fighting someone who only has a party of two and you barely get to hear the gym battle theme at all. Give every Gym Leader at least three Pokemon and we're set.

...oh, speaking of, what about the critical-health music? I really liked that at first, but there are definitely some places where it hurt the atmosphere of climactic fights. I'm mostly ambivalent on it, though, and I'd definitely rather not go back to just the beeping.

I actually agree with everything here. I feel like pinch versions of each of the battle themes a la Sonic Advance 2 and 3 would work really well, to preserve the feel.

...and the sound is still like BW2? Kind of disappointing, but I'll see how it goes before crying out.

They're seriously sticking with that honky-ass soundfont when we've got such godly soundtracks from the likes of Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Seriously?

Ugh.

It sounds better than any of the DS games IMO. It has an actual instrument (guitars) as well.

It sounds better than any of the DS games IMO. It has an actual instrument (guitars) as well.

Regardless, the 3DS is capable of console-grade music and there's no reason we should be getting such, especially when Pokemon has always had such a rich soundtrack.  The fact that they're squandering the chance to give it quality on the level of the anime's re-orchestrations is just silly.

I mean, come the fuck on.  Every song in the game is just going to get orchestrated later on for the anime anyway, so why not just use those?!

This is what they're doing.  Yes it's bad, because you can't even screw them over with a hack Reshiram/Zekrom, etc.  Made the GTS pretty much worthless.

Well, when I say the GTS trick, I mean the evolution trick, so it's not like I keep them in the GTS for very long. I just don't want someone to grab the Haunter I'm trying to evolve, etc.

One or two Haunters evolving is fine.  Whatever.

But you can search literally ANY Pokemon and odds are that at least three of the given trades will be for Lvl. 9 and under Reshiram or Zekrom.

Pokemon X & Y commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJhP2QbE-A

Too bad we will not get a game like how the commercial is like...

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 5

Pokemon X & Y commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJhP2QbE-A

Too bad we will not get a game like how the commercial is like...

Oh my god why is it not October 12th I need this game in my life right now

Judging by the gif Mega Mewtwo is Attack based over Special based. I suppose if you want your Mewtwo to do something else, there you go.

So Mewtwo is the new Deoxys.

One off-topic question, but in regards to the special Torchic event, how or where do you get it? Do you need to be a a special kiosk like at Gamestop, or do you download it over any Wi Fi connection?

Is this how special events for the DS games have worked in the past?

One off-topic question, but in regards to the special Torchic event, how or where do you get it? Do you need to be a a special kiosk like at Gamestop, or do you download it over any Wi Fi connection?

It's gonna be a limited time Wi-fi distribution, like the way Victini was available for download to early adopters of Pokemon Black/White.

I think they give it out at Gamestop at the launch date.

It's a worldwide distribution, so it's not GameStop. I think everyone is pretty sick and tired of having to go there for random events.

• Thumbs Up 5

Judging by the gif Mega Mewtwo is Attack based over Special based. I suppose if you want your Mewtwo to do something else, there you go.

So Mewtwo is the new Deoxys.

This actually confirmed my suspicion that Mega Evolutions won't be a complete upgrade like normal evolutions, but will rather tweak their stats towards a specific stats, and may even result in crippling over specialization.

Once again with the cheesy Power Rangers metal. I figured that was just a thing that one English-language trailer did, but I guess X and Y really are gonna be totally morphinomenal.

...wait, Pokemon-Amie isn't called that in Japanese? But the name's in French either way; why wouldn't you go with the power pun everywhere?

>Charmander, Squirtle, and Bublasuar all still have their fucking gameboy cries

>Pikachu is fully voiced.

You and your god damn Pikachu bias, Game Freak.