Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

They've definitely got improved cries, though. They're in the same ballpark as the originals, but Bulbasaur's in particular is clearly different.

I'm not fond of the anime cries either, but Pikachu's kind of its own meta-entity at this point, so I can deal with that. Frankly, the fact that Game Freak went to the trouble of redoing most* of the classic cries but only changed Pikachu's specifically to name-talk is kind of reassuring.

*I'm still curious whether they'll have bothered with Gen III's cries or not. The new cries on the starters don't sound too far off from that level, so I kind of doubt it.

Whoa, I just realized something.

Pikachu's name is a combination of "pika" and "chu," a pair of Japanese onomatopoeia.  Pika pika is the sound for shining or flickering light, while chu chu is the sound of a mouse.

Pikachu's old cry has been replaced with the whole saying-his-own-name shtick, but his name is a pair of sound effects that are related to his nature as a flickery, electric mouse.

It's kind of clever, in a weird sort of way.

I was playing Emerald recently, and I thought about something in X&Y. Is it known how the weather effects will be done? Will it be like always where you only see it at the end of a turn, or will the just show the effects the whole time? I hope it's the latter, since it's really annoying to have to watch the scene after every turn and it simply looks better..

Edited by MarcelloF

...wait, Pokemon-Amie isn't called that in Japanese? But the name's in French either way; why wouldn't you go with the power pun everywhere?

Best thing? Not even France uses that name. It's called "Poké Récré" over there.

Oh, and "Poké me & you" in Italy. Strange how these things work, right?

Edited by Duck Avenger Nald
  • Thumbs Up 1

desdpz.jpg

Is this the first time we've actually seen that tree Pokemon? I know someone drew it before quite a while ago but I haven't seen it in game yet.

I see it appears with Sudowoodo? Possible alternate Bonsly evolution?? Maybe not haha.

We've seen it a while back in an e-shop trailer. Japanese name is Oorotto or something. I don't think we know much else.

I'm guessing the English name will be Rotree or something.

Edited by MarcelloF

So..... does each Pokemon in horde encounters give you the normal amount of EXP, resulting in gaining 5x the EXP/EVs?

So..... does each Pokemon in horde encounters give you the normal amount of EXP, resulting in gaining 5x the EXP/EVs?

If that's the case then training pokemon just got a hell of a lot easier.

We've seen it a while back in an e-shop trailer. Japanese name is Oorotto or something. I don't think we know much else.

I'm guessing the English name will be Rotree or something.

Oh, so that's Oorotto! I knew there was a Pokemon named that but was avoiding spoilers a month ago so didn't see what it actually looked like haha.

So... this is interesting:

Pokemon X/Y features uses 3DS' 3D effect for battles, but not for overworld

Even more reason to play it on a 2DS, I guess!

Fuck this.

I'm still getting the game, but I'm actually one of the few people who love playing in 3D at all times. And the fact that it'll switch from 2D to 3D almost every 5-10 seconds can really mess with someones brain or eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see it appears with Sudowoodo? Possible alternate Bonsly evolution?? Maybe not haha.

Its just Sudowoodo being Sudowoodo. He likes to disguise himself as a tree and since Orotto is a tree, he must be following them and pretend to be one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its just Sudowoodo being Sudowoodo. He likes to disguise himself as a tree and since Orotto is a tree, he must be following them and pretend to be one of them.

Ohhhh yeah, hahaha that's so cute and really clever of them to do that.

I liked that. Made me try out Pokémon I usually wouldn't and through I gained some new favorites like Seismitoad, Krookodile and Chandelure to name a few.

I love the idea of Sudowoodo hiding among Orroto. That's pretty clever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't care for much of Gen V, so being forced to use Pokemon I thought were incredibly stupid wasn't very fun.  I could probably name the Pokemon I like from that Gen on both hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get what they were going for, and after the 90%-evolutions Gen IV it kind of made sense, but I'm glad they're not doing it again.

I think my real problem with it was less that I couldn't use my old favourites and more that it made the regional dex pretty small. Pre-Platinum Gen IV probably had an even worse case of tinydex than that, though, even with all of the available old stuff. Anything less than 250 Pokemon in a regional dex at this point should be criminal.

• Thumbs Up 1

desdpz.jpg

I do hope that they fixed Flareon's move pool this time, one that benefits it's High Physical Attack power.

If they give it Flame Wheel, Take Down, Flare Blitz, and any other move that isn't stupid Smog, that'll be good. Or hopefully they'll have some more physical Fire moves this gen, maybe a Fire tail move or something.

I do hope that they fixed Flareon's move pool this time, one that benefits it's High Physical Attack power.

If they give it Flame Wheel, Take Down, Flare Blitz, and any other move that isn't stupid Smog, that'll be good. Or hopefully they'll have some more physical Fire moves this gen, maybe a Fire tail move or something.

Thats about as likely as making Farfetch'd good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my gosh, that screenshot for X/Y is really cool, and for some reason makes me want to get this game even more.

Just take my money, Nintendo.

Oh my gosh, that screenshot for X/Y is really cool, and for some reason makes me want to get this game even more.

Just take my money, Nintendo.

They will take your money and roll it up to snort all that cocaine.

JOOOOOOOOOKING ASIDE

I'm wondering how the swarm battles would go. I mean will the swarm have to wait for one pokemon to attack or will they be able to all attack depending on position or WAT? And if the swarm has made up of many lower leveled pokemon so the player has an advantage or will it be the same level as other pokemon in the area?

NINTENDO STAPH MAKING CROW THINK! ;A;