Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So this is basically Nintendo confirming that 3D was a goofy gimmick that they don't care about anymore.

Cool. The extra money that went into producing those screens could have gone into a better card or a better screen.

But nope. 3D.

Cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

So this is basically Nintendo confirming that 3D was a goofy gimmick that they don't care about anymore.

Cool. The extra money that went into producing those screens could have gone into a better card or a better screen.

But nope. 3D.

Cool.

Very good point here. They were just sucked into the 3D fad and wanted to try and cash in by having the "first 3D experience without glasses"...I'd rather have a higher quality 2D screen to be honest.

Who knows. Maybe Nintendo would make a HD handheld next much like the Vita but with mobile gaming growing exponentially, I think that Sony and Nintendo would not make another handheld console. Mobile gaming would not kill home gaming like a lot of critics are saying, but it might do some damage to the dedicated handheld gaming console market.

To be fair, Japan still loves handheld gaming and they can't play Pokemon on the iPhone 76 in the next 10 years or so, so Nintendo would definitely make another handheld.

Edited by KrazyBean

Very good point here. They were just sucked into the 3D fad and wanted to try and cash in by having the "first 3D experience without glasses"...I'd rather have a higher quality 2D screen to be honest.

Who knows. Maybe Nintendo would make a HD handheld next much like the Vita but with mobile gaming growing exponentially, I think that Sony and Nintendo would not make another handheld console. Mobile gaming would not kill home gaming like a lot of critics are saying, but it might do some damage to the dedicated handheld gaming console market.

To be fair, Japan still loves handheld gaming and they can't play Pokemon on the iPhone 76 in the next 10 years or so, so Nintendo would definitely make another handheld.

Dude, Nintendo makes more money off of their handhelds than consoles. If anything, Sony will stop making handhelds.

Dude, Nintendo makes more money off of their handhelds than consoles. If anything, Sony will stop making handhelds.

Didn't they make more money off the Wii than the DS? I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's bizarre that this game is only utilizing 3D during battles. I like the 3D effect in certain games, such as 3D Land and Mighty Switch Force. Pokemon could have been pretty fun with it.

Didn't they make more money off the Wii than the DS? I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

Not even close. The DS slightly overtook the PS2 in sales, with around roughly 153 million units sold. Both of them tower over everything else though.

Wii stagnated at around 100 million.

... I like it. I wonder what Tyrunt's evolution looks like...

Where did you find this, anyway?

Edited by Semi-colon e

... I like it. I wonder what Tyrunt's evolution looks like...

Where did you find this, anyway?

Serebii posted it on their Twitter.

Oh right. Cool looking Pokemon, too bad that Rock/Ice is going to make it completely useless as it's 4x weak to Fighting and 4x weak to Steel (so Scizor murders it without trying and Steel may get more common to beat Fairies), and it is also weak to Rock and Ground! And Water. And Grass! This might be one of the worst typings yet despite it's awesome offensive prowess.

Edited by Semi-colon e

As Bisharp can tell you, 4x weak to fighting SUCKS.

Holy crap though, 2 4X weaknesses?  That thing better be an offensive powerhouse to compensate.

As Bisharp can tell you, 4x weak to fighting SUCKS.

Holy crap though, 2 4X weaknesses?  That thing better be an offensive powerhouse to compensate.

Offence would be nothing without speed as well.

That's really unique, I like how they've started mixing up the way moves damage things since BW with Psyshock being special but hitting physical, and now this.

...somehow, I find Tyrantrum slightly underwhelming! But still cool with the crown effect.

Edited by Semi-colon e

More details, courtesy of NintendoLife:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/meet_aurorus_another_evolution_in_pokemon_x_and_y

Its English name is Aurorus and it has a new Ice move called Freeze Dry which is super effective against Water types.

An Ice type move which is super effective against Water types?? Very interesting. Hopefully we will have more moves like this.

Part of Tyrantrum's artwork:

zxw9xv.jpg

oh__my__glob__by_justsomegifs-d4x0zmt.gi

Why is October taking so long to get here?!!!

Edited by Johnny Boy

He has a tyranno beard. A TYRANNO BEARD.

SOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUCH WAAAAAAAAAANT. biggrin.png

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say I prefer Aurorus.

But Archeops is still probably the coolest fossil mon.

Edited by Semi-colon e

^Yeah, same here. I like Tyrantrum and all, but I prefer the other one a bit more. 

I'm gonna nickname them both Rexxie and Nessie.