Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Part of Tyrantrum's artwork:

zxw9xv.jpg

I...

I want to put it in... 

...I want to put it in my pocket.

...I want to put that monster in my pocket.

Like a Pocket Monster.

• Thumbs Up 3

Was about to post it, but you were quite ahead of me. I love em!! Tyrantrum is so on my team! the screenshot isnt clear enough , but I know hes gonna look awesome in motion, and with that art piece, Im liking him even more. I expected him to be different, but still... yeah quite awesome!!! Aurorus is awesome too! I wouldve prefered if that thing on his head remained spiky / crown-ish and not all flabby-like.

Both look unique in their own way; Aurorus look quite elegant with its side fin...things :P And Tyrantrum just looking ruggedly badass.

But them 4x weaknesses....oh no matter to me that much in the competitive scene scheme of things. After seeing their evos I'll just leave my choice up to when I'll get the game.

"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y."

Thought as much. 

Confirmation that the game will only be 3D during battles:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/junichi_masuda_confirms_that_the_pokemon_x_and_y_overworld_is_2d_only

We really wanted to make the overworld - the field - as beautiful as possible. We could put in a lot of grass and flowers, and try to make them as pretty as possible. When you don't use the 3D effect you are able to render quite a bit more on the 3DS. That's one of the reasons why we wanted to leave it off in the overworld, because it gives us more power to show off more beautiful graphics.

...That plays to the strengths of the 3DS, where you don't require glasses - you don't have to put them on and take them off at certain moments. You can just leave it on and then at certain specific moments, the 3D will come on and it will be more surprising or impactful to the player.

"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y."

Thought as much. 

The Mega Evolutions are like a way to bring old Pokémon to the spotlight. It makes sense.

If they don't fuck up the new Pokémon, they won't need Mega Evolutions anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm curious to see if anything from Gen 5 gets one, it's still pretty recent but they may fall into irrelevance very quickly because of Mega Evolutions overshadowing them and Gen 6 being new if nothing from Gen 5 gets any.

If there's a third game/sequel to X and Y though, I'd be surprised if nothing from Gen 6 didn't get a Mega Evolution then.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Am I weird for liking Tyrantrum not for the beard but for the grey Metal Sonic eyes?

Also, best fossil Pokémon? Archeops ish best. >:U

Don't give me any of that weak Defense and Defeatist malarky!

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I weird for liking Tyrantrum not for the beard but for the grey Metal Sonic eyes?

They still haven't made a fossil that managed to take the spot of Kabutops as my favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, Archeops is a beast too.

Hmm, seeing how they revealed the evos for the fossils, what's the chance we'll get to see the starter final forms on Monday's big reveal?

There's another big reveal? o__o Didnt that happen this monday already?

Well, I'd hardly call the return of a catchphrase and a US-only online treasure hunt a "big" reveal.

Seeing the final evolutions of the starters would be spiffing, and would certainly help people make their minds up on which one to choose.

"By requiring the Pokemon to hold the Mega Stone, it prevents it from holding any other item in battle that may come in handy or play to a certain strategy,"

So it's still only one hold item per Pokemon, Mega Stones included. 

Also you get a Kanto starter the first time you meet Professor Sycamore, so before the first gym. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

IGN reveals something interesting about why X and Y are so named:

“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

When I explained my theory to Masuda, he seemed bemused. “Xerneas is meant to evoke imagery of eternity, while Yveltal is destruction. Perhaps you could see some ties between feminine and masculine qualities there!”

Taking the X/Y as axes idea, I think we can understand a bit more about why Xerneas and Yveltal are how they are.  The x-axis is the horizontal axis, so it fits for a land-based Pokemon like Xerneas, which remains entirely on the flat surface rather than flying or going underground.  The y-axis is the vertical axis, so it corresponds to a flying Pokemon that can ascend or descend as it pleases.

The z-axis is the 3D axis that adds depth; you could say it's the most important one to a new Pokemon game that's the first in full 3D.  This definitely suggests that there will be a Z-Pokemon of crucial importance to Xerneas and Yveltal, but where does it hide?  If it corresponds to depth, does that mean it's concealed behind the rest of the world somehow - disguised, or perhaps in another dimension entirely like Giratina?

Masuda's point is a little different to the assumptions we'd been making, which was that Xerneas and Yveltal represent two aspects of a cycle, life and death; Xerneas corresponding to eternity is irreconcilable with Yveltal's destruction.  Of course, the interaction between the two can create a cycle of life and death in which each keeps the other in balance, which makes one question where Z comes into things.  Although this might be getting ahead of ourselves; it's entirely possible that, for X and Y at least, the two are version-exclusive, so Xerneas doesn't have to worry about Yveltal's destruction and Yveltal doesn't have to worry about Xerneas's eternity.  It's in the probable Z-game that they'll both have to co-exist, which is what Yoshida is hinting at - two different ways of thought finding common ground and converging.

Also you get a Kanto starter the first time you meet Professor Sycamore, so before the first gym. 

Are you sure?  Other sources indicate that you don't meet Professor Sycamore until you get to Lumiose City, which is after the first gym.

This definitely suggests that there will be a Z-Pokemon of crucial importance to Xerneas and Yveltal, but where does it hide?

Why, obviously it hides... IN THE THIRD DIMENSION!!!

Shocked-Cat.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 6

So...... no themes about genetics?

Why, obviously it hides... IN THE THIRD DIMENSION!!!

Shocked-Cat.jpeg

POKEMON Z ON WII-U CONFIRMED

Edited by Rusty Spy

That ain't all the news, apparently you now gain EXP for capturing Pokemon now, also that Pokemon centers have areas to change your outfit at too.

I don't get it. Are they saying if they used 3D, the overworld would be smaller?

I think it's more to do with graphical quality. They're saying if they used 3D in the overworlds then they'd have to make them look less pretty to ensure it runs at a steady pace (as implementing the 3D effect requires more power). By forcing them into 2D only though, they can add as much in as they want without having to worry about technical stuff hindering them.

It does seem like a bit of a cop-out, and it's definitely going to be a bit disorientating going from 2D overworlds one second to 3D battles the next, but as long as it works, that's all that really matters I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1