Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Two swords guy is steel/ghost, which means he'll be slaying fairies left and right.  Might have to get one for that very reason

Two swords guy is steel/ghost, which means he'll be slaying fairies left and right.  Might have to get one for that very reason
Forget the Fairy slaying, it's all about the best defensive type combo in the game bar none. Give that sucka Levitate and you have a Pokémon with 4 immunities, 1 weakness and a ton of resistances
  • Thumbs Up 2

If there is another evolution after Doublade, I could see it turning back into a single sword with an accompaniment.  Something like,

Single Sword  >  Dual Swords  >  Large Sword with Shield

It would also make sense for Honedge to have a branching evolution, like

Single Sword  >  Dual Swords  OR  Sword & Shield

Irrelevant.

A lazy design is a lazy design, whether it was created recently or years and years ago.

No, it isn't irrelevant. It was made yeas ago and was a lazy design, sure, but if 17 years later you still do the same shit and expect people to eat it up, something is wrong with you.

In 1996 or whatever I wouldn't have such a big problem with a design like this since it was their first time, but now in 2013, after years and years of people talking shit about the likes of Magneton, Dugtrio and Klinklang they still come up with a design like this? Just fuck them. 

The fact that they know that people hate this kind of Pokémon and yet they "hyped" this thing's reveal is even worst. This is the kind of stuff that you don't talk and hope that people don't "notice".

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget the Fairy slaying, it's all about the best defensive type combo in the game bar none. Give that sucka Levitate and you have a Pokémon with 4 immunities, 1 weakness and a ton of resistances

It's actually 3 weaknesses (Fire Ghost Dark) and one of your immunities is susceptible to Mold Breaker.  But still, that's pretty boss.  Gives Steel/Fairy a serious run for it's money. (2 immunities, two weaknesses, nine resistances)

In fact, it's probably better, depending on what you need your immunities to be

Also, like Discoid pointed out, a single sword turns into a coat of arms.  Seems fine to me.

Edited by Legendary Aqua

Though I dislike the design a lot, its uses are making it a real consideration for my team. I'm not sure if I'm going for Mega Venasaur or not yet, depending on Froakie's secondary type. If it comes out part fighting, I've already got Mega Blaziken for that... either way I'm gonna need something to take down Fairy. I'm also looking forward to seeing what this Gen's "big dragon" is. Hopefully it looks cool and has a decent secondary typing too, considering Dragons have been completely trounced by Fairy. 

Edited by Symbotic

All I know is that I'm hoping for a Dragon/Poison type this time, cause Dragon/Steel was already done by Dialga already, then we had Electric, Fire, Water, ice, and Ghost, also the T-Rex's are Rock/Dragon, 

C'mon, a Dragon/Poison is a long time coming! Several Dragons or Dragon like creatures in myths are known for breathing poison. I would love one based off of the Basilisk or Cockatrice.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

june_new_p7_05.jpg

But then you go outside and...is that a Rhyhorn on your front yard? What's it doing there? Could it be—you have a pet Rhyhorn? I had to examine it, as I recalled how the new Pokemon games are supposed to let me ride Pokemon, and I kind of thought to myself—naw. The game isn't going to let me ride this thing so soon, is it? P

Oh, but it does. Well, kind of—the Rhyhorn doesn't want to go very far, it's sleepy, but just having a taste of that is enough to spark a giddiness that I haven't associated with Pokemon for a while. Like being able to ride Clifford The Big Red Dog or something, you know?

AWESOME

I think they should stop revealing Pokemon because by the time the game comes out, there'll be no surprises left.

It's not like for the past 5 generations that the Pokemon were spoiled long before release.

coughjapancough

Yeah, Japan always got first dibs either several months or a year or so ahead of us, but this time, This game is coming out Internationally on October 12.

Were all mostly gonna have to learn where what is and what to do by ourselves cause Serebii, Bulbapedia or whatever ain't gonna have any info fully prepared this time.....unless you got the game guide on ya.

All I know is that I'm hoping for a Dragon/Poison type this time, cause Dragon/Steel was already done by Dialga already, then we had Electric, Fire, Water, ice, and Ghost, also the T-Rex's are Rock/Dragon,

C'mon, a Dragon/Poison is a long time coming! Several Dragons or Dragon like creatures in myths are known for breathing poison. I would love one based off of the Basilisk or Cockatrice.

If they do a Posion/Dragon I hope it's a Komodo Dragon since they are known to have saliva filled with bacteria that can kill you if they bite you.

It's a coat of arms.

1378-sword-display.jpg

Calm down plz. The design is fine.

Not really. They could have at least redesigned the sword instead of slapping the same pokemon toether and calling it an evolution.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Yes it isn't the most brilliant design, but it isn't anywhere near their lower quality work (voltorb eeesh). 

This generation (design-wise) is still such a huge step forward from last gen.

Except this isn't gen 1 anymore? It's false equivalence to compare a shitty experimental game Pokemon from 1996 to a Pokemon from 2013 when the series is a phenomenon.

Hell, I'm still trying to get past "Talonflame".

• Thumbs Up 3

At least it makes more sense from a practical and design standpoint than the other mons of its 'kind' were. It's leagues better than any of them, and refreshing to see sword designs that actually look somewhat practical rather than being overly fancy for once.

Oh, and look at the design. They did redesign the actual sword, though it's subtle rather than being obvious.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

On another note, this thing I found on GAF is hilarious and awesome:

1380143267487.png

I am the bone of my sword,

Steel is my body and fire is my blood,

I have created over a thousand blades,

Unknown to death, nor known to life,

Have withstood pain to create many weapons,

Yet those hands will never hold anything,

And so I pray,

Unlimited Blade Works!

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 5

On another note, this thing I found on GAF is hilarious and awesome:

1380143267487.png

I am the bone of my sword,

Steel is my body and fire is my blood,

I have created over a thousand blades,

Unknown to death, nor known to life,

Have withstood pain to create many weapons,

Yet those hands will never hold anything,

And so I pray,

Unlimited Blade Works!

Pokezords UNITE! Clusterfuck Megazord!

...Still, it does kinda sorta look cool, in a clustefucky sort of manner :3.

Well since I'm picking Bulbasaur, he would be owning Fairies when he becomes a Grass/Poison type. 

No, it isn't irrelevant. It was made yeas ago and was a lazy design, sure, but if 17 years later you still do the same shit and expect people to eat it up, something is wrong with you.

In 1996 or whatever I wouldn't have such a big problem with a design like this since it was their first time, but now in 2013, after years and years of people talking shit about the likes of Magneton, Dugtrio and Klinklang they still come up with a design like this? Just fuck them. 

The fact that they know that people hate this kind of Pokémon and yet they "hyped" this thing's reveal is even worst. This is the kind of stuff that you don't talk and hope that people don't "notice".

It is perfectly relevant. The point was that it was a lazy design, which you've conceded to anyway.

One bad Pokemon design out of a likely 100+ new additions.

Unforgivable.

I'm guessing that the consensus here is that the 6th gen line-up is pretty good so far, then?

I still want to know what was so bad about 5th Gen's designs, and don't throw Vanilluxe or Garbodor or Klinklang at me as they're only a handful of the designs.

6th Gen is shaping up really well so far though, apart from stuff like some of the bland pink Fairies, I hope there's more design variety in the ones we've not seen yet.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if this generation's pseudo-legendary line will be Fairy-type, just to emphasise the point.  Or maybe Fairy/Dragon?  I can imagine something like that quite easily, although the typing would be a bit of a self-parody.  ...Come to think of it, Fairy/Flying would be immune to both of Garchomp's STABs, wouldn't it?