Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

It is perfectly relevant. The point was that it was a lazy design, which you've conceded to anyway.

Except this isn't gen 1 anymore? It's false equivalence to compare a shitty experimental game Pokemon from 1996 to a Pokemon from 2013 when the series is a phenomenon.

Also yeah, most of the Gen 6 Pokemon are great.

I still want to know what was so bad about 5th Gen's designs, and don't throw Vanilluxe or Garbodor or Klinklang at me as they're only a handful of the designs.

Gen 5's designs were fine. It's hilarious that the thing people complain about in Gen 5 is the one thing it did right.

Just gonna drop in here with a quick question...I've got Y pre-ordered but as it gets closer to the time I'm reconsidering my purchase more and more. If I didn't like B&W, think this one's still worth a try? Not been keeping fully up-to-date on the announcements other than the obvious ones (Mega Kanto starters, new Mewtwo etc.). Any help would be good!

Depends on if you're in it for the main game or competitive play. Balance was horribly blown to shit a long time ago, and Mega Evolutions are just going to make it worse.

If you're in it for the main game, it looks solid enough to have a good time.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's false equivalence to compare a shitty experimental game Pokemon from 1996 to a Pokemon from 2013 when the series is a phenomenon.
Uh-huh. Considering I made precisely zero comparisons, I don't see why you brought that back up. If anything, I was arguing against the idea of making comparisons.

In that case, you and I have vastly different tastes. Thus far I like Yveltal, Talonflame, Honedge, Tyrunt and Fennekin. Everything else ranges from mediocre to abysmal.

Edit: Gogoat is pretty cool, too.

Edited by Heinous Creature

The serebii forums were making a fuss of doublade because he looked satanic (because of the eyes looking like 666) although its more like 696. 699.  its kinda funny though... reminds me of those days where every christian was oooo pokemon is satanic! and that the pokemon rap backwards had a satanic message. 

doublade_zps64cf3195.png

seriously... XD

Edited by dabbido

Assuming these are real: If people weren't already pairing Braixen with Lucario, they sure will now after seeing this one. Froakie also managed to turn out sleek and badass.... T'was totally Team Fennekin before, but now I don't know which one I want now. *bites nails*

lol Quilladin. I like how his final is missing.

People determined it to be fake a while ago.

Though I wouldn't mind Fenekin's final evolution actually looking good. His final form will probably just be even goofier wide hips and a shit-eating grin.

People are still falling for these fakes eh?

Through my compliments to the artist for making them look believable.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Loving that classic style. Would love to see the Kalos starters.

About Doublade, he's not horrible or anything, but I don't really like it. I'm not really against just multiplying the Pokemon in their evolutions, but I don't like it here. Partly because Doublade's look isn't really great, and partly because a ghost sword could've become so much more than just two swords. Here's hoping his third form is something really different. I still think a suit of armour would've been cool.

Oh well, I still have Chandelure as the coolest ghost in town.

• Thumbs Up 1

Say, what are the chances someone gets a strategy guide before the release and leaks everything? I remember getting my Gold version two weeks before the games were supposed to be put out and I'm very curious if we will see people pick up copies of the games or the guides ahead of time.

Say, what are the chances someone gets a strategy guide before the release and leaks everything? I remember getting my Gold version two weeks before the games were supposed to be put out and I'm very curious if we will see people pick up copies of the games or the guides ahead of time.

All I need to know is what stats are like for each new Pokemon has so I can determine which nature would be best. XD

Also got my blue Pokémon 3DS XL today! :D I have nooooooo money left, hahahaha...

All I need to know is what the actual difference between versions is, unless they honestly intend us to pick based solely on the looks of the legendaries (which, from what they have let slip, does seem to reflect on the themes of the individual games).  I don't want to pick one and then hear later that the one I didn't get had some significant difference that I would have really appreciated.  With that said, there might not even be a real difference between the games sans version exclusives - Gens. I, II, and IV were much like that, as I recall.

Apperently, Reviewers are getting the game, and are playing it till October 4th.

However, they are NOT allowed to leak any information till release day, unless they value their jobs or possibly going to jail.

Apperently, Reviewers are getting the game, and are playing it till October 4th.

However, they are NOT allowed to leak any information till release day, unless they value their jobs or possibly going to jail.

I already saw pictures of the outside and inside of a Pokémon center, so I guess that some don't really care. 

Yeah I seen it too, but that's about it.

BTW, Sneak peak at the Youngster Trainer Class portrait.

62EPwpj.jpg

The first Youngster without a hat.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

62EPwpj.jpg

So they use drawn portraits instead of in-game models? Interesting.

62EPwpj.jpg

You know he looks awfully like the male protagonist of Black/White. Hilbert right? Of course he looks more childish which is what they were going for.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I already saw pictures of the outside and inside of a Pokémon center, so I guess that some don't really care. 

20130928-085134.jpg

You mean this one?

• Thumbs Up 1

So they use drawn portraits instead of in-game models? Interesting.

Yep, they done it with the Lass we saw some time ago. 

may_supp_p3_6.jpg

Their are still 3D models through, they were seen in the Demo when you challenged Calem/Serena, Shauna, and Professor Syncamore, reacting in the intro and when they lose.