Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Seedot wasn't exactly looking like he was planning devilish schemes either.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian
  • Thumbs Up 1

Urghhh and people saying the grass starter will be part Dark?? It looks like the least evil starter Pokemon ever.

Why is this even annoying me??

its due to the trailer showing 2 type of attacks from each of the starters, the fox uses what looks like a flamethrower, and then some psychic move. and the frog used a water gun type attack, and then some slashing/fighting move. hense the speculation that to complete the trio of psychic/dark/fighting, the grass type would have a secondary type of dark. its all just guessing really.

Man, I just started playing pokemon again with black 2 and there is another game that looks even better.

My wallet can't take all of this pressure...

Still, this pokemon game looks amazing its a must buy.biggrin.png

Man, I'm sorta gonna miss the fan-naming shenanigans on the interwebz prior to a new Pokemon generation's release in the west. (who remembers smugleaf, wotter and pignite for example.) The simultaneous release thing sorta kills that, even though it's awesome that we'll all be getting a Pokemon game at the same time.

This also means the end of trying to avoid massive spoilers during the gap between the Japanese and Western releases, yeeeer!

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

The grass starter is like a not-as-cool Oshawott.  Then again, Oshawott is the best Pokemon, so I don't blame Gamefreak for trying to make another one.  The fire starter is pretty cool.  ...And what the flying fuck happened to the Water starter?

Also, that bird legendary is pretty freaking sweet.  Definitely getting the version it comes with.

Damn, now I regret not asking my parents for a 3ds for Christmas. Oh well, I'll get it one way or another.

I dunno about you guys but I'm getting Norse mythology vibes from these new legendaries. There was a large eagle on top of the world tree Yggdrasil and it just so happened to be 4 stags that run on the tree. I could be wrong though as the bird might be Quezecotl or some other feathered serpent.

And I lasted through Gen 4's starters. I've lasted through Gen 5 starters. But for once I'm not really digging Gen 6's starters. Well except the firey fox but yeah.

Edited by Rachel Alucard
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually like the X legendary better, but I might get Y, based purely on first impressions.  For a couple of fairly superficial reasons.  But it may well turn on further version differences yet to be announced.  Speaking of which, there'll probably still be silhouetted Pokemon reveals and reveals in one language and not another, so ridiculous fan guesses will still, I'm sure, be a feature of the build-up.

Interesting that they apparently chose Paris/France/Europe as the setting for this game; it'll be interesting to see how that's reflected in-game beyond just having the Eiffel Tower there.  I'm kind of assuming it might just be Paris, though, as Unova was just based on New York.  What with Rhythm Thief and Doctor Lautrec, Paris sure is getting a lot of 3DS love.

Still not regretting my childhood vow to only ever choose Fire-type starters.

This is the first time in a while that I've really, really liked the look of the male protagonist. Dem hat-glasses.

Chespin's my favourite of the starters, but I get the impression that it's going to evolve into something deeply unpleasant. I do generally go with the grass-type starter, though.

...basically this looks pretty great. My only real concern at this point is that all of the fancy effects on the moves might slow battles down to Gen IV levels again, which would be a damn shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

im worried about the battle slow down too, and I hope they keep double and triple battles, that would be interesting to watch!

Edited by Naysu

Am I... excited for a new Pokemon game!? I'd half expected them to keep the same top-down perspective but with more 3D. I think I'll be buying Y; that bird is just too cool. That X legendary looks cool for a deer Pokemon though.

Also, the starters. Normally I have to warm up to them but I actually like two already (not so sure about the Grass one, but I'll wait to see how its evolutions look). The fox and frog look great.

• Thumbs Up 1

im worried about the battle slow down too, and I hope they keep double and triple battles, that would be interesting to watch!

Get ready for Quadruple Battles, where you have 4 Pokemon out at once!

2 Pokemon will stand in front of the other 2 stand in the back!

The front Pokemon attack while the back ones use Support moves.

...that would get chaotic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised it took me this long to notice it. Look at its eye.

v3nhwi.jpg

So there's the X symbolism in the otherwise non-obvious X mascot. Any idea on what the implication for those X eyes is?

• Thumbs Up 4

Now I admit that the Pokemon look better than Gen 5 ones...but only just barely. It's something I doodle up in class honestly, especially the Legendaries.

Also the graphics are dissapointing when compared to other 3DS games, looks like it could run just fine on the DS.

The game is gonna be good and all, but it just saddens me how uninspired the new pokemon look ever since Gen 4. It seems like they rush out designs for a quick buck. How the new Pokemon actually look make or break the game for me, and to me this won't look like it will rank up to my favourites, because of that fact.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I'm surprised it took me this long to notice it. Look at its eye.

v3nhwi.jpg

So there's the X symbolism in the otherwise non-obvious X mascot. Any idea on what the implication for those X eyes is?

It's dead. Cartoon style. x-x You cannot unsee.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'll probably wait 'till the 3rd version comes out.

But still, I'm really curious about the new pokemons. Maybe I'll finally get a decent duck pokemon this time.

I think I'll buy one of these, although I may just wait for the inevitable Pokemon Z to come out and get that instead.

Since everybody thinks chromosomes will be involved, does anybody think we'll see Pokemon cross breeds?

I'll get both, as usual (have to have some way to trade, although I'll have to borrow my mom's or brother's 3DS for that).  Love how that deer looks like the daughter of the Forest Master from Princess Mononoke, though.  Wonder if she'll turn into a starry otter.

Loving the fennec and the frog.  Not so big on the rodent Pokemon in general (rodent-looking ones; rodent-named ones like Pikachu are different).  And yes, please let's get a useful (and attractive) feline this time around.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was surprised that Iwata explicitly mentioned Australia alongside the US and Europe when he was talking about the simultaneous release. Normally Australia is basically bundled with Europe when it comes to localization - one Nintendo exception being Animal Crossing DS.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Having a long look at the starters and considering the X and Y thing, do you reckon the starters are fusions of other Pokémon? Chespin is a good example. 

I'm totally starting with Fennekin, even knowing they'll evolve into something considerably less cute. I like the Y Legendary as well.

Having a long look at the starters and considering the X and Y thing, do you reckon the starters are fusions of other Pokémon? Chespin is a good example. 

I'll admit to not being totally up to date on this series, but that doesn't feel like something they'd do.