Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I swear, the Pokemon in the Battle Maison are hacked or something.

How the heck does the Grumpig (the one used by Battle Chateleine Nita) outspeed my Delphox? That ain't cool yo.

How the heck does the Grumpig (the one used by Battle Chateleine Nita) outspeed my Delphox? That ain't cool yo.

It has always been like that. Once you get high enough, the opponents will always land crits, their moves never fail, paralysis and confusion always fuck you up, being frozen is as comun as being paralyzed, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

My team of max defense Gardevoir, Aggron, and Mega Heracross got absolutely crippled and destroyed by a single Luxray thanks to paralyze hax.

In fact, now that I think about it, every streak I've had has always been ended by status hax. Last time it was confusion-flinch hax. It fucking SUCKS because all this is telling me is that my team composition is solid enough to take on whatever stacked team they throw at me, so instead of letting me have my victory they resort to RNG motherfuckery to screw me over.

• Thumbs Up 1

I FINALLY beat the Champion and unlocked the National Pokedex. I guess the only thing to do now is catch all the Kalos Pokemon I can until Pokemon Bank comes out.

Also I can't tell if Espurr is cute or just plain ugly, what is it even supposed to be?

I FINALLY beat the Champion and unlocked the National Pokedex. I guess the only thing to do now is catch all the Kalos Pokemon I can until Pokemon Bank comes out.

Also I can't tell if Espurr is cute or just plain ugly, what is it even supposed to be?

Yandere Cat.

Got my team decided. I have to make it a thing by IV breeding and getting the right egg moves...

and then I'm taking all you mofo's on. This song will never have been more fitting.

I'm curious. How do you know that you've got the right IVs for a Pokemon if you can't see them or even increase them like EVs?

I've finally beaten the Elite Four and Champion after 48 hours of play. I've definitely gotten a lot more mileage out of this game than any previous gen (with the possible exception of Red... although I doubt it). The Elite Four went down soooooo easily though, as did the Champion. While I was disappointed in the relatively small selection of new 'Mons this time around; I actually found myself somewhat spoilt for choice. Hawlucha, Aegislash, Talonflame, Pangoro, Tyrantrum and Treverant all looked great, but this became my final team:

4s01.jpg

Poor Picknica is trailing behind. D:

Now it's onto the post-game and I can finally get that Mawilite.

Edited by Pawnkin

I'm curious. How do you know that you've got the right IVs for a Pokemon if you can't see them or even increase them like EVs?

There's a dude in Kiloude City who "judges their potential". He's vague but gives you the info you'll need.

For IVs, you need something like a calculator that many Pokefan sites have.

http://serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml

Those things under the "Caught at" (or was it on?) such as "A little quick-tempered" determine what the Pokemon's main IV is. So, quick-tempered is an attack IV. IVs are NOT able to be increased or decreased.

Wonder Guard isn't reversed on inverse battle, so Shedinja isn't weak to everything but the five types it's already weak to. I used Psycho Cut and it didn't do anything, presumably because it's neutral normally, but Fighting works at least.

Inverse Battles are interesting because not only have you got to reverse the type chart in your head (and stuff that does nothing to a type normally is now SE such as Ghost on Normal or Electric on Ground), but you also have to think of the coverage that these Pokemon could have. So you could use a Steel type on a Fire type, but the Fire type could cover you with a Rock attack or Poison attack or something. It's a bit of a mindfuck, actually :P

Managed to get my Greninja to finally reach level 100. Thus keeping the tradition of my starter being the first to reach the top level.

Just found one of my favorite photo spots in the game

DCBJuXx.jpg

It's in Azure Bay, and it made me think of the anime, the Orange Islands in particular. I had the biggest smile when I realized what the photo is taken like.

Edited by MadDocAzure

There's a dude in Kiloude City who "judges their potential". He's vague but gives you the info you'll need.

Yep. He'll tell you what IVs are maxed, if any, when you talk to him. Note that any Pokemon you find in the post game friend safari (also in Kiloude) has 2 perfect IVs, so if you have a safari with Dittos you're going to have your pick of the litter for combinations for your breeding. I should note perfect IVs in everything isn't actually all that important, but having them in your Pokemon's important stats or Speed is good.

So, you can get wild Hydreigons and Zweilous's but not Deinos? This means you have to breed just to get the first stage of the line.

I'm tired of this, Gamefreak. You pulled this same shit in Generations 4 and 5. Why can't the first forms of every line in the game be found in the wild? I don't understand why you have to waste time breeding or trade over just to get a Deino.

The wild Hydreigons are underlevelled too!

Soooo, is there anyone who wants to help me evolve my Scyther?

I'm up for it. Can do it right now if you want.

Edit: Game tried to cancel out because I said no to game chat. 

Ahaha fuck you too game. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

I'm up for it. Can do it right now if you want.

Thank you!

Now I just need to evolve my Gible and I will finally have all the Pokémon with their respective Mega Stones.

Man, I wish that Audino the EXP reservoir was more prominent in this game. I'm trying to level up my newborn Pokemon quickly, but it's taking quite long to do so.

Man, I wish that Audino the EXP reservoir was more prominent in this game. I'm trying to level up my newborn Pokemon quickly, but it's taking quite long to do so.

Get a friend with a Chansey/Audino Safari.

It ain't a level 55 Audino nest like the Giant Chasm, but it works for me.

Edited by Tmsp