Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I have every starter now, which is nice - got most of them in their final evolution too! Just got to level up Wartortle now.

GTS is absolutely fucked though. Pretty much EVERYONE wants Xerneas or Yvetal for something like a Ditto. Hell, I saw someone giving out a Level 8 Ditto for, I shit you not, a Mew. They even recommended "no nickname."

...Wonder Trade's also a bit shitty, I've been giving out all of my spare Charmanders on there in my quest for a shiny, and the coolest thing I got back was a Lunatone. ._. I did get a Fennekin on one Wonder Trade though... all I sent out was a Jolteon though...

I have every starter now, which is nice - got most of them in their final evolution too! Just got to level up Wartortle now.

GTS is absolutely fucked though. Pretty much EVERYONE wants Xerneas or Yvetal for something like a Ditto. Hell, I saw someone giving out a Level 8 Ditto for, I shit you not, a Mew. They even recommended "no nickname."

...Wonder Trade's also a bit shitty, I've been giving out all of my spare Charmanders on there in my quest for a shiny, and the coolest thing I got back was a Lunatone. ._. I did get a Fennekin on one Wonder Trade though... all I sent out was a Jolteon though...

GTS is much better now, you can filter search results for Pokémon that you have and even search for Pokémon that you haven't seen yet. Of course there are people who want shit that is impossible to have right now like Mew an fucking Feebas for some reason. I will never understand those guys.

And how did you see a level 8 Ditto? That's impossible to have if I'm not mistaken since Ditto is only available in its 40s at Pokémon Village and you can't breed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was lucky to get Pokerus almost immediately after I started playing for the first time.

But yeah, still only have 6 badges, but I've gotten side-tracked by breeding. (Managed a Ditto through GTS. :3) What the heck is up with people's trade requests on Grimer/Muk?

When it comes to GTS searching, I just always turn off the 'people looking for special Pokemon' filter and it makes things a thousand times faster!

• Thumbs Up 2

Think that's bad? Somebody wanted to trade their Chesnaught for a level 1-10 Xerneas. Not to mention there was this one dumbass who wanted to trade his Aurorus for a level 91 Zigzagoon. I always felt like Nintendo should just step in and ban these assholes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone else doing the Battle Chateau? I'm at Duke ranking now, the more trainers you fight (most of which are piss easy as I thought this was the Battle Tower equivalent until the postgame), the more your rank goes up and the more trainers appear. You can refight Gym leaders here too, and apparently E4 members according to Bulbapedia (I guess this is the closest we get to second round E4?). The Writs are cool to boost levels and that, but you don't really need them to gain rankings as it's the amount of trainers you fight that matters most, and the trainers change frequently during the day as well so you don't only get to fight them once.

I'm just curious about what you get, it seems like it'd be good for grinding, at higher ranks Furisode girls appear and they all use Audinos.

I think the Duke is the highest ranking, but I've barely got anyone to appear yet, I think you need to fork out on the Writs to do that. Now I'm at highest level, I may have to do that, it's pretty fun though.

I'm also fond of the Le Wow and Sushi restaurants (the latter is opposite Looker's place, but it costs a fuck ton of money to enter and you need to be Champion first), as you can get loads of experience, fight different Pokemon, and get nice rewards (even if you don't get the turns exactly correct, and there are some Pokemon that wil try to spam Protect as well) which can ironically be sold for as much money half the time as you paid to get into these places. There were restaurants earlier in the game like this as well, but I completely missed them as I thought they were all like the cafes (mostly just people to talk to).

These things combined with the daily rival and inverse battles actually give you a fair bit to do each day in the postgame.

Edited by Semi-colon e

GTS is much better now, you can filter search results for Pokémon that you have and even search for Pokémon that you haven't seen yet. Of course there are people who want shit that is impossible to have right now like Mew an fucking Feebas for some reason. I will never understand those guys.

And how did you see a level 8 Ditto? That's impossible to have if I'm not mistaken since Ditto is only available in its 40s at Pokémon Village and you can't breed it.

...oh, must have been thinking of another Pokemon then. My bad, memory's poor.

Also holy fuck I didn't even know about those filters. Cheers guys. 

Edited by Tracker

You should try looking for Vivillon forms on GTS to get the full negative experience. If it's not a Monsoon Vivillon that people are asking Scizors, Gliscors, and Legendary Pokemon for, it's Savannah, Sun, and Sandstorm forms that literally get traded in 2 seconds.

Also forgot to mention I'm building up a second team of Pogeymans, consisting of the Kalos and Kanto starters I mentioned earlier. 

Since we were talking about GTS, have you noticed how asking for a Volcanion and Hoppa is the new "Epic ruse XDDDDDDD" shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet, Bulbasaur on Wonder Trade.

Still trying to hatch a shiny though, no luck, though I do have a foreign Ditto to help out, and Slugma's flame body apparently helps too.

EDIT :

Aand that's all of my Charmanders sent out onto Wonder Trade. Got a Japanese Hypno last, woo!

Edited by Tracker

Duke is not the highest rank in the Battle Chateau. 

Looks like I have more battling to do then.

Also Fletchinder/Talonflame seems key for eggs, gets both Flame Body (and always unless it's a Gale Wings Hidden Ability one) and Fly. Luckily I used Talonflame in my run eh?

One of the Elite Four appeared in the Chateau, having three level 50 Pokemon. I could have boosted those up if I'd used the Writs, but I want to up my ranking to max first.

I wish Barons/Baronesses with a single level 15 Pokemon would stop appearing, they're basically filler to my level 79/78 team.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does fly have an impact? o.o; Wasn't aware!

No it doesn't, but it's useful to have both on a single Pokemon if you were to say hatch 5 eggs.

No it doesn't, but it's useful to have both on a single Pokemon if you were to say hatch 5 eggs.

Ah, I see what you mean. I just cycle outside the daycare to get it done quickly. XD

I've heard that the Magma Armor ability also halves the no. of steps needed, but not sure where I'd find a Pokemon with it.

I've heard that the Magma Armor ability also halves the no. of steps needed, but not sure where I'd find a Pokemon with it.

Only 3 have it; Slugma, Magcargo and Camerupt. Flame Body does the exact same thing though, so that might be easier to find. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Only 3 have it; Slugma, Magcargo and Camerupt. Flame Body does the exact same thing though, so that might be easier to find. smile.png

I have Slugma, and he's got Flame Body. X3

I have Slugma, and he's got Flame Body. X3

Yeah, Slugma's popular for hatching since he has both Magma Armour and Flame Body as his primary abilities, haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish I knew that Talonflame could learn Flame Body earlier...I'm done with breeding for now, but when I was breeding it took forever to get anywhere.