Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Well, I have to upgrade to a 3DS XL now. I'm using Froakie as my starter...I love water Pokemon! I must say though, I thought that I was being trolled when I saw this threads title. Pokemon X & Y didn't sound like official titles to me at all, but it is!

Pokemon Black & White 2 is not even a year old yet though...you're kinda rushing here Game Freak. Meh, still a day one buy for me.

The graphics are...ok, but I've learnt that screenshots and videos don't do 3DS games justice. And another thing. Why isn't there diagonal movement? You have a Circle Pad now Game Freak!

I want to see what exclusive Pokemon are in both versions before I make my choice...I don't really care for legendaries to be honest.

Edited by KrazyBean

...it just occurred to me.

We're not getting Gates to Infinity for another three months and it's already outdated. Crap.

That bird legendary sure looks gorgeous. Gameplay looks sweet and I really like the new battle animations, Thing is that the new starters don't look that exciting to me. But eh I digress since I lack a 3DS so yeah. Either way this game looks nice.

Ho ho, Now I can have a team composed of pokemon of all 6 generations biggrin.png .

This is the first time that I'm interested in the starter pokemon, cause they all look awesome. I normally just dump my starter pokemon right after I beat the first Gym or find a subsitute Fire, water, or grass type, but maybe not this time around.

Also like the European vibe coming from this games region.

And yeah krazyBean, I'm excited their releasing this game world wide at the same time for once.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Oh, let's not forget, their are rumors of a new Eeveelution, I don't know whether it's true or false unless anyone else heard this.

I personally hope they take the Gen 3/5 route and make a crap load of new Pokemon with little toni evolutions or pre evolutions from past Pokemon.

But I'm starting to think that's an odd numbered thing, so I have the suspicion the Gen VI Pokemon will be relatively small in number and bring in a bunch of past Pokemon evolutions and shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is this new Pokemon game based on multiple locations or Paris? Because that one nice looking tower reminds me of the Eiffel Tower.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, let's not forget, their are rumors of a new Eeveelution, I don't know whether it's true or false unless anyone else heard this.

I've always wanted to see what a Steel or Ghost-type would look like...

Edited by Pawn

If its true, I'm hoping for a bug and fighting eveevloutions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'M DEAD. I died. I'm dead.

But that Pokemon X legendary looks like it'll never be able to fit through a door.

Definitely looks European to me, even the trainers' clothes seem a bit European.

Also, since there are old Pokémon present in the trailer I'm guessing they won't be rare. That also prolly means that evos and Pre-Evos are likely.. I bet we'll get a new Eeveelution.

By the way, I've been thinking a little about how strange it is that this Gen came so quickly. The reason why is obvious, Nintendo wanted a Pokémon game to sell the 3DS, but I kinda hope we go back to big breaks between Gens now, or maybe trickle new Pokémon in via free DLC and patches.

BW came out in Japan in 2010.. but 2011 everywhere else. That was less than 2 years ago! It's crazy when you think about it, considering Pokémon Gens typically have 3/4 years between releases.

However this isn't bad news at all, because I'm also interested in what comes after XY for the next few years. I'd rather they took the BW2 route and made sequels rather than making a third version - with any luck, "Z" will be a sequel! I'm really excited for the future of Pokémon now, I can only hope that the changes don't end here and that they really give their all into changing things more once this game is done

/thinking aloud

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just going to call that Fire starter by its Japanese name from now on.

Fokko. Because it's hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely looks European to me, even the trainers' clothes seem a bit European.

I thought the fact that Pikachu was on top of the Eiffel Tower and zapping everyone around the world from there wasn't obvious enough x)

that deer looks like the daughter of the Forest Master from Princess Mononoke, though. 

exactly my thoughs before XD

I soubt it about the chromosomes, as I think XYZ refers to the fact that this game is 3D with its obvious X Y and Z dimetions, istead of 2D.

oh and i really dont like the legendaries much, so despirate to see what other pokemon are coming along, oh and that frog is my fave by far, i have a feeling the white dots on his nose will become a moustache which will be totally awesome/regal!

While I can forgive the graphics since it looks stylized enough to be negligible, I'll be disappointed if the game doesn't run 60 FPS.

This, I REALLY enjoyed the battle speed/60fps for battles in B/W (and B2/W2), I'll be sad if we don't get that for battles here.

Edited by Jetronic

damnit pelly im the one who makes the pokemon threads so you made me sad thx ;=;

Anyways, SCREENIES

town.jpg

route.jpg

desert.jpg

castle.jpg

chespinbattle.jpg

fennekinbattle.jpg

froakiebattle.jpg

froakpat.jpg

litwickpsyduck.jpg

weavileaudino.jpg

pikachu.jpg

golurk.jpg

The battles in the trailers seemed to run at a decent enough speed.

I'm calling Chespin "Manic". Its Japanese name, Harimaron, has harinezumi, the word for hedgehog, incorporated in it, and with it being green, you can connect the dots from there.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian
  • Thumbs Up 2

So is this new Pokemon game based on multiple locations or Paris? Because that one nice looking tower reminds me of the Eiffel Tower.

I would say so. also noticed the victorian building with the statue in front looks like the Versailles Palace, also located in France.

The producer went to France also, it's similar when he went to New York City for inspiration for the Unova Region 

So anyone curious what the theme of the city names will be, I'm betting Bread or Cheese.

The battles in the trailers seemed to run at a decent enough speed.

I'm calling Chespin "Manic." Its Japanese name, Harimaron, has harinezumi, the word for hedgehog, incorporated in it, and with it being green, you can connect the dots from there.

Oh, if it has Hedgehog in the Japanese name, then Chespin must be a portmanteau of Chestnut and Pin. 

And as I said in the statuses;

Fennekin - Fennec and Kindle.

Froakie - Frog and Croak/Cloak maybe. 

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2