Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So... Am I missing something, or does everything used with the transporter have to be in box 1 to work?

Yeah it does.

Ok, so does anyone actually know for sure how the hack check works? Does it just block Pokémon from being sent or does it completely delete it? I've been hearing rumours that some legit event legies have been getting blocked, so I'm not going to lift a finger til I get confirmation on that.

Hell yeah! I can finally transfer Togekiss, Bellossom, Krookodile and more and see them in all their 3D Pokemon Amie glory~!

I'm not the type who does competitive battling (I'm not very patient with breeding, IV/EV etc), I just like to see all mah Pokeman in 3D.

Well, my Mew made it across "space and time" in one piece, and I've been at this nonsense for almost an hour now. Time for a coffee break, I think.

It labelled a few of my critters as hacks, despite not being hacks, but everything else went fairly smoothly.

...I just wish it didn't take so long to do. Switching between three different apps in as many minutes seems quite unnecessary.

Got mah Celebi yay.  Just a note to anyone, you can't soft reset this Celebi for what nature/IVs you want.  The one you get is the one you're stuck with.  However, judging from what I've seen it's guaranteed at least 3 perfect 31 IVs (mine got Def/SpDef/Spd with Timid nature).

To be honest, at the moment that's all I wanted since I don't have any 5th gen games I can't transfer anything until I get one of those and transfer my Diamond Pokes to that.  I could probably try to haggle for some Pokes in the mean time anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got Naive or some shit.

Also transferring is annoying. Put 5th gen game in, use Poketransporter, then you can't transfer more than one box at a time as not only does everything you transfer have to be in box 1, but they go into the "transfer box" on the Bank itself (which requires changing games too as you have to have XY in to go into the Bank app and not the Transport app that requires BW/BW2), so THEN you can take them out the transfer box into the bank boxes, and then swap games and apps to transfer again. God this is infuriating.

It's definitely a tedious procedure, hopefully with Bank and the NNID account system becoming bigger, this is the last time transferring Pokémon from one Gen to another is this tedious.

Also, I managed to transfer all of my legies over without any trouble thank god, nothing was blocked for me at all.

This sounds tedious. Is this really what Game Freak went with after the last gens' in-game methods of transferring Pokemon? Whatever gen4 and 5 did was infinitely more tolerable than what we have to go through for this.

Think I'm just going to use this to fill up the remainder of my Pokedex and never touch it again. I'm not gonna pay money for what just sounds like a hassle.

It's more that it's a hassle to do more than one box in one sitting, if it just went straight to the bank and not the transfer box and didn't require everything in Gen 5 to be in Box 1, it would be fine. I find the transfer box and the box 1 thing to be needlessly convoluted. It's otherwise very simple to use.

I don't own any Gen 5 games so I just used it to get myself a Celebi! I'm not too fussed about having to switch between two apps as having it here at last is good enough for me but still I wish we could have had some other way to have done it since the release of the game.

Now that I'm actually using the Pokebank I think it's a hassle to use as well. Having to switch between each of my games and PokeTransporter and then back to Pokebank etc is long and tedious. Doesn't help either when the internet connection is being dodgy!

But yeah I was only going to use it for Pokedex and Amie stuff so it's not that big a deal.

So looks like that me not playing B2/W2 a lot and ergo not getting Genesect to a high level payed off. I'll be transferring him over to Y and nuke errything with his buffed up Techno Blast.

This sounds tedious. Is this really what Game Freak went with after the last gens' in-game methods of transferring Pokemon? Whatever gen4 and 5 did was infinitely more tolerable than what we have to go through for this.

I don't know. Transferring to Gen 5 required me having to find someone else who also had a DS in order to transfer Pokémon.

Of course now that I have a DS and a 3DS, it's no longer a problem, but I wouldn't want to have to find someone that has a 3DS in order to transfer.

At least with the 4th Gen games, the DS had a slot for GBA games, making transferring between the games easy. Maybe they could have made a device that could connect to your 3DS and have slots for your GBA and DS Pokémon games.

It labelled a few of my critters as hacks, despite not being hacks, but everything else went fairly smoothly.

Also, I managed to transfer all of my legies over without any trouble thank god, nothing was blocked for me at all.

I hope they fix the Legit Checker in future updates.

The ideal solution would have been to have an in-game method of transfer and Pokemon Bank co-exist. Bank is there for people who want online storage as well as those who don't have access to more than one 3DS, while there would be a secondary method that resembles those of previous generations. I think Pokemon Bank is a great idea on paper but the fact that it's the only way to import old Pokemon was a huge, bizarre mistake.

Too late, Gamefreak. I already lost interest and moved on to other games.

Might as well still import my Pokémon since this shit won't be free for too long.

IT'S FINALLY OUT FOR US NORTH AMERICANS

Now we can complain about how tedious it is using it! biggrin.png

Wait there isn't an 'Use Exact Funds' option to pay for it or something?