Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So um. I added funds to my eShop account. So how do I pay for the yearly fee from there?

You have to pay through Pokemon Bank and you can't pay until the trial period is up.

True, the transaction takes place within the Pokemon Bank app, but it appears that it connects to the eShop for the purchase. At least for the free trial it did. I'm pretty sure the only way to pay for the subscription is via eShop funds.

Technically, Corocoro spoiler ahoy:

corocoro3141.jpg

The first substantive proof from Game Freak of the leaked Pokemon in XY. Diancie will also be in the upcoming Pokemon movie with Yveltal.

Technically, Corocoro spoiler ahoy:

The first substantive proof from Game Freak of the leaked Pokemon in XY. Diancie will also be in the upcoming Pokemon movie with Yveltal.

Mega Carbink

I think they probably will have to set up some kind of link between them, even if it's only something like Manaphy and Phione, or "One in a million Carbink become a Diancie after thousands of years of pressure underground."  I have a hard time believing either that they could be so similar by accident, or that GameFreak could fail to acknowledge the similarity.

On an out-of-universe level, maybe the two were designed as part of a single evolution line, but Diancie was split off into a hidden Pokemon for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

...yep, Diancie's here.

...yep, it's still just as meh as when I first saw it.

Screw Diancie! Where's mah Volcanion dammit!

As I understand it, Diancie is #719, Hoopa #720, and Volcanion #721 - so there's one more event legendary to go before Volcanion puts in an official appearance.  Barring the next movie being Hoopa vs. Volcanion or something.

Oh wow, that artwork makes such a difference to me. I love it <3

I agree. It's rather cute.

The crystals are awesome.

There will be no relation to Carbink, calling it now.

In fairness, it's pretty damn obvious Diancie had some connection to Carbink. I'd have been very surprised if it didn't.

Personally I still think all three of these event legendaries look kind of meh. D:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But will its connection to Carbink have any kind of effect on gameplay?  Because the terminology they're using in all the text on that page is the sort of thing they'd normally use for an evolution.

The Diancie and Carbink relationship was pretty damn obvious from the beginning, right when I saw that model leaked by Smearlum months ago.

Also, there IS a connection to Carbink. Diancie is created when "Carbink undergoes a strange mutation."

But does a strange mutation happen to Luvdisc for it to become Alomomola too?

Mutation confirmed as 7th gen gimmick.

That would explain why more than half of the 5th gen Pokémon are rip-offs, Unova was nuked in the past. It all makes sense now.

Hopefully they distribute an item that makes Carbink turn into Diance rather than just give out one Diance, since I'd actually want to use this.

Or maybe they'll just be entirely separate Pokemon and you can't turn one into the other, sort of like Manaphy and Phione.

Given that Diancie has it's own dex entry, I don't think it and Cabrink share any actual gameplay connection, i.e being able to transform a Cabrink in to Diancie like with Giratina or Shaymin.

Am I blind? Where does it say any thing about the mutation? All I see is

The Mythical Pokémon Diancie

Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands. It uses these jewels in battle to attack enemies and protect itself.

Stay tuned for more information on how to get Diancie!

And

Groups of Carbink tend to gather around Diancie, but Diancie pays them little heed and acts only according to its own will.

Anyway, is this supposed to be the Mew of this gen? If so, while I do like it, I prefer Mew and Celebi. :U