Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Hopefully they distribute an item that makes Carbink turn into Diance rather than just give out one Diance, since I'd actually want to use this.

Wait... you want Game Freak to make an event legendary... that's NOT going to be hard as shit to get if you happen to miss out on getting it the first time around?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're funny

Wait... you want Game Freak to make an event legendary... that's NOT going to be hard as shit to get if you happen to miss out on getting it the first time around?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're funny

yeah, stupid Gamefreak with their Japan Only crap, or forcing you to go to a specific game store that may be way out of your reach.

I don't get why they just can't distribute Even Mon's over Wifi like with Torchic, instead of some other complicated crap.

Yes.

jdd1MdN.jpg

Thanks again. Hoopa looks cool. It looks to be different personality-wise compared to the others. I could see it being a complete dick xD I like it.

Volcanion.. I dunno. This is the first Fire/Water type, right? I was expecting something better for it. I'm not sure what this is supposed to be. I thin ksomething similar to Torkoal would've worked for the typing better.

Am I blind? Where does it say any thing about the mutation? All I see is

That's odd, because it sure as heck said that yesterday.  ...Actually, I think that page might have been pruned since it was put up... aha, got it!  They replaced the Pokedex screenshot on the official page, and I think they edited the flavour text as well.  Originally, it was this, which also reveals Diancie's shiny form:

diancie4.jpg

Looks like they let this slip too soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok now I don't mind Diancie so much seeing as there is a relation between her and Carbink. I knew it! =] Anyway, maybe it's going to be like Manaphy and Phione where they are indirectly related through breeding.

In online battles, how does the game calculate 'Pokémon Obtained'? I've completed the National Pokédex (except Manaphy) and own 712/718, yet when I battle online it only says I've obtained 311...

You can still get the certificate for 100% completion without them, but obviously there'll still be a blank space where they're supposed to be.

I'm kinda scared to use Bank anymore on account of my friend's save file becoming corrupted.

...Say what now

Funnily enough; I was using PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank last night using my copy of White.

After really getting into the breeding aspect of the game, and creating awesome versions of the three starters named Kronk, Genghis, and Alice, I just now finished breeding two 5 IV pokemon! This time though, I decided it was time to figure out how egg moves work!
So! I bred a Weavile, one of my new favorite pokemon, (remember, I haven't played since Blue, so Weavile is new to me ha!) and a Blastoise!

Weavile: Midna
5 IV: HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed
252 Attack, 4 HP, 252 Speed
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Pursuit
X-Scissor

I'm really proud of how she turned out, this was the first time figuring out how Egg moves worked on my own, and it really adds a great layer into breeding! I don't know what I want to replace Ice Shard with yet, I'm still thinking a bit on that one.

Blastoise: Deadshot
5 IV: HP, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed
252 Special Attack, 100 HP, 100 Defense, 56 Special Defense
Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse

This guy is all about being Mega Blastoise. With the Mega Launcher ability that increases pulls and aura moves by 50%, I wanted this one to be a special attacking tank. Probably child's play for most, but again, I'm really proud how it turned out, I feel like every day I'm getting better at deciding on how to get the most out of the Pokemon I'm breeding, and it's really enjoyable! :)
  • Thumbs Up 1

IV breeding was somewhat streamlined in this generation, so it was also the first time I really got into it. Aside from Pokedex completion, it's literally the only thing that keeps me coming back to this game. In past generations, IVs weren't guaranteed on any Pokemon and the Destiny Knot passed down fewer IVs (not to mention you can't re-teach egg moves with heart scales), so it was a huge pain to breed for anything.

I'm still not there yet on Egg Move breeding, but yeah IV breeding as become pleasantly streamlined this gen to the point I'm not as critical about the whole competitive team building anymore. Dare I say it actually feels pretty good. (This coming from a inexperience noob on the whole EV/IV/breeding mechanics for, like, two generations straight)

I think this gen is going to make competitive battling a lot more accessible and probably far more popular. I've never been bothered by EV and IV training before but I've done a bit of it in X/Y since it's so much simpler to achieve now. Shiny Pokemon are a little easier to get too so that's an added bonus.

714/718

Missing Tyrantrum (I'll evolve it tomorrow in the day), Weavile, Magmortar, and Porygon-Z. For the last three it's just a matter of getting their respective items in the Battle Masion, which I've been putting off because snooooore.

714/718

Missing Tyrantrum (I'll evolve it tomorrow in the day), Weavile, Magmortar, and Porygon-Z. For the last three it's just a matter of getting their respective items in the Battle Masion, which I've been putting off because snooooore.

The best way to get BP is to do the Battle Institute in Lumiose with EV Pokemon

The best way to get BP is to do the Battle Institute in Lumiose with EV Pokemon

At least until they start bringing out the bullshit on the third battle. 

Finally played through the entirety of the game. Not a fan of the graphics (dammit, I like my sprites!), the Gen Wunner pandering, and the..very very easy mode throughout, but I love how I can use Pokebank now to be able to breed starters. I hate trading (Lv. 9 and under Kyreum fuck no), so breeding is a good viable option for me, especially since we have four 3DS' in this house and a melange of Pokemon games. Now I can transfer all my Pokemon from X/Y to White 2 (my favorite Pokemon game ever).

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does everyone seem to think that a barely-a-Vivillon is worthy of a legendary?  In the several attempts I've made to trade for other patterns, I found one who asked for a Delcatty - level 91 or above, but the Vivi was only level 11 - and every other person wants a Yveltal, a Xerneas, a Lugia, a Manaphy, a Deoxys . . .   I currently have a Japanese purple Elegant and my own Modern pattern.  I'd think there'd be a few other people willing to trade Vivi for Vivi.