Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

714/718

Missing Tyrantrum (I'll evolve it tomorrow in the day), Weavile, Magmortar, and Porygon-Z. For the last three it's just a matter of getting their respective items in the Battle Masion, which I've been putting off because snooooore.

Not sure if you want for Pokedex data, but I do have Weavile and Magmortar.

I always try to keep my own Pokemon for dex completion, but thanks.

Why does everyone seem to think that a barely-a-Vivillon is worthy of a legendary?  In the several attempts I've made to trade for other patterns, I found one who asked for a Delcatty - level 91 or above, but the Vivi was only level 11 - and every other person wants a Yveltal, a Xerneas, a Lugia, a Manaphy, a Deoxys . . .   I currently have a Japanese purple Elegant and my own Modern pattern.  I'd think there'd be a few other people willing to trade Vivi for Vivi.

Even if people weren't asking for legendaries, the GTS is terrible for Vivillon trading since you can't request for certain patterns; be prepared to be bombarded by elegants. I joined a Vivillon subreddit to get the missing patterns.

Why does everyone seem to think that a barely-a-Vivillon is worthy of a legendary?  In the several attempts I've made to trade for other patterns, I found one who asked for a Delcatty - level 91 or above, but the Vivi was only level 11 - and every other person wants a Yveltal, a Xerneas, a Lugia, a Manaphy, a Deoxys . . .   I currently have a Japanese purple Elegant and my own Modern pattern.  I'd think there'd be a few other people willing to trade Vivi for Vivi.

If I ever get to it, I'll put up a few Vivis on GTS and Wonder Trade. I gots the Polar Vivi if you were wondering. Man its going to be a pain to collect all of them.

Also I just got this game like what? Saturday? And I got my 7th badge and ready to take on the 8th gym. I'm really loving the nice little things they added to this game, like sitting down on chairs and such. Its mundane but nice.

pokemon_z___fake_cover_by_tomycase-d76vi

Nice little fan art.

Though would it be a Z, X2/Y2, or something new altogether?

I keep seeing sparkly Giratina in my mind.

They'll be missing a trick if Zygarde isn't Z-shaped on the boxart, but I like the background gimmick in that fanart.

As for what the game'll be, I'd kind of like it to be X2/Y2 simply because all the clues in the game are for a Z version with a thoroughly predictable plot.  In terms of its mythological role Zygarde is pretty much functionally identical to Rayquaza; it's reasonably obvious that Z would be about Lysandre nabbing both Xerneas and Yveltal, and then the fallout from their awakening causes Zygarde to show up and quell the chaos.  Nothing we haven't seen before, essentially.

I really hope they surprise me with something unconventional, though.  Like, just off the top of my head, have it turn out that Lysandre took control of Zygarde before the start of the game and was actually just provoking Xerneas and Yveltal in order to get Zygarde to awaken - and then we end up with a sort of N/Ghetsis situation with the main villain in direct control of a legendary Pokemon.  Or something that otherwise defies our expectations both of the X/Y plot and of formulaic Pokemon narratives more generally.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Dayum, congrats Sean! I've transferred most if not all of my missing Pokemon from White and SS and still haven't even got halfway through the National Dex! X( I think I still need to transfer the ones from White 2, but it looks like I need to do some Wondertrading to get the rest.

Still, it's nice to see so many of my old Pokemon on Aime. Togekiss, Bellossom, Samurott...ahhh~<3

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want to go for a living dex one of these days, maybe when another gen6 game comes out and I can migrate all of my important Pokémon to that game. That would leave the entirety of my X copy's PC box devoted to it, since if I include every single unique form (minus minor gender differences, a la pre-gen5), that would leave only about two boxes free.

I also need to get every Pumpkaboo and Flabébé form. I probably won't collect multiple forms of Pokémon that can switch freely between them, since it's tough to get ahold of more than one legendary and some of them go away, such as Shaymin and Furfou. So for now I'm only focusing on forms that are permanent.

So can anyone tell me all the Pokémon that can only be obtained via breeding (so I can transfer the ones I have in Gen V since I'd rather not catch an evo, breed it and end up with it or the offspring becoming GTS fodder)?

Also since the above was talking about it, I don't think a complete living Pokédex is even possible because I think if you have one Black/White Kyurem, you can't have the other one (for some silly reason).

Well according to my id I've beaten Pokemon Y within 2 days which is awfully fast, even for me. Its mostly because I didn't have to spend a lot of time level grinding compared to previous games. In fact its one of the few times I've used a fossil pokemon and it managed to keep up with the team since I can't be bothered to level grind them when I have my team established already. But anyways my thoughts about this game in a nutshell since I should had mention it sooner.

I have a love hate relationship with this game. Its mostly love but there's a few things bugging me about it so let me gush about it first. The first and possibly best part is that the game is very accessible to the point where everyone can EV train and be productive about it. Usually that part is a pain in the ass and X/Y lightened it a bit and its quite the improvement. Also you can finally look up pokemon you want on the GTS, even if you haven't seen it in the pokedex which is another plus from me. I do love quite a lot of these new pokemon as well, namely Malamar, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, and Hawlucha and I think they were rather creative with these pokemon designs. Pokemon Amie is a great way with interacting with the pokemon and its absolutely adorable. And they did fixed up the touchscreen use finally since you got access to your menu on the bottom. Its a great change and it makes me wonder why they threw it out after HG/SS. Oh and character customization is great and I love that kind of thing in video games. And finally I love the little details they added like PC being able to sit on chairs and have to bend over to talk to smaller characters. It makes them seem more human.

Now for some parts I didn't like about it. Well the story was ok at best. I feel like they overly use the mofits a lot and by mofits I mean mega evolution, neighbors, being stylish, and French. It feels kind of forced and its everywhere. I do feel like most of these characters are pretty flat too since they rarely talk about anything different. I did like AZ though and I do feel like he was underutilized. And I feel like I wasn't challenged enough. I steamrolled the Elite Four and destroyed Diantha with just Aegislash like it was nothing. I can assume its a different game without the Exp.All but atlas I wrecked shit. But I feel like these are nitpicks than anything though. Its a solid game with a few slight issues.

And I wish you can actually use the Hex-Maniac for an avatar on the player search bar. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega Latias and Latios in action, both normal and shiny forms:

It seems that "Action Replay Power Saves 3DS" is allowing all sorts of fun little things to happen with XY, such as the above video, and a look at shiny versions of Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde:

tumblr_n1baffzCM71r8sc3ro3_1280.png

tumblr_n1baffzCM71r8sc3ro1_1280.png

tumblr_n1baffzCM71r8sc3ro2_1280.png

I want all of them oh god they look so cool

• Thumbs Up 1

The shiny "versions" of the box legendaries are locked again? What's the fucking point? 

Also, why won't GTS/Wonder Trade let me trade event Pokémon? "You can't trade this Pokémon, it's special!" Yeah, fuck off, GF. If you didn't went to gamestop just to get a key to unlock a shitty in-game event then good luck finding an idiot that won't mind giving you an Arceus or Darkrai.

Fucking beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 5

So they flipped the black to white, and otherwise are the same?  Interesting choice, and a reference to B/W, presumably.  Quite striking.  Looks great on Zygarde.

And I'm still really glad that Mega Latias and Mega Latios are basically the same Pokemon.

On the same day I caught a shiny (small) Pumpkaboo I hatched a shiny Pidove on my first egg. I wasn't really trying to get a shiny so it has a crappy nature, I just wanted a female variation to complete my form collection.

Guess the shiny charm actually works. To be honest, finding a shiny doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore, I think the excitement has pretty much worn off for me. I've caught/hatched six in this game alone, not counting a few others that a friend had cloned for me including a 6IV Mawile (that was Kalos-born, no less) and a Hyper Voice Gardevoir.

When I caught that shiny Pumpkaboo I was way more excited that I found a super size one five minutes later, lol.

I finally got my hands on a Hidden Ability Eevee via the GTS. And what makes it even better is that it had Wish in it's move roster. I evolved it into a Sylveon because Pixilate;

2dwcap0.png

Pokerus came from my Milotic. I'm surprised at how valued Hidden Ability Eevee's are. I put a lv 1 bred one up for offer on the GTS and got a female lv 75 Aegislash.