Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I don't suppose anyone would have a spare Shiny Seviper they could trade? I have a Shiny Ducklett I could trade in return. Tried to use the GTS but the requests are impossible. x.x

I could try and breed a Seviper at some point and see if I can get one with a good shiny value?  I've got a pretty steep breeding project for the person who checked my Honedge eggs, but if you would like a chance at getting a shiny without the hassle, I highly recommend checking out the SVExchange community on Reddit. I've only been there a few days, and I've accumulated a shiny Tyrunt, Phantump, Vulpix, and Mawile. biggrin.png Lots of generous users do giveaways.

Speaking of, shiny value checking is alive and well! Apparently you can uncover the information using Action Replay Powersaves 3DS. I plan on getting one for my birthday, so I may open up limited requests to check eggs, if I can figure it out. Don't count on it happening overnight, since it's still a few weeks away, but I'd love to extend a helping hand.

Mods, if mentioning Reddit comms isn't allowed, I apologize. +_+ I'm not quite sure what the policy is.

If you have a shiny charm, then by all means! :) I haven't had any luck on Gamefaqs and Reddit sucks when it comes to trading. I hate posting limitations.

It frustrates me to no end, the abundance of mega stones kept exclusive to a bare bones post game. Grrrrrr.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually still trying to complete the national dex for the charm, but until then, I can certainly try asking for help checking the shiny values of any eggs I breed, that way there's a guaranteed shiny... provided I get ones with values for users that actually exist. Some of my honedge eggs have shiny values for inactive members. u_u

EDIT: God, I really hope the next version of the games has a better postgame for exactly that reason.

Also, a thought crossed my mind. What if instead of remaking Ruby and Sapphire, they remade Emerald and Yellow? One for Gen III and one for Gen I. :) I feel like if they did remake R&S, it'd be hard to keep all the cool goodies from Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of plot, Emerald is such an improvement over R/S that it really seems obvious to me that they should remake that.  But I think they could probably just about rework the plot of R/S to fit the events of Emerald in, in the same way as HeartGold and SoulSilver brought in some of the Crystal plot points.  I still don't think those games need remaking, though, but if they think a lot of people are going to buy them and it'd serve as a good stopgap between generations, then I can see why they'd go with it.  I just hope they really commit to the remake and don't feel guilty about changing things that weren't very good the first time around.

A remake of Yellow would be a breath of fresh air, though.  Definitely an improvement on remaking Red/Blue again, which would be a stunningly lazy idea... but I just don't know if Yellow is all that relevant any more.  That is to say, it was based on the anime, but it's been a long time since the Kanto-era anime plot.

Huh.  I wasn't all that thrilled for remakes before, but I'm kind of coming around.  I guess it's seeing just what GameFreak have been able to pull off in graphical terms since Black/White; remaking the old and rather basic games to have some of the visual spectacle of the more recent titles would be a pretty mammoth change to the experience.  Still, there will never be an argument for remaking anything beyond Gen III.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't suppose anyone would have a spare Shiny Seviper they could trade? I have a Shiny Ducklett I could trade in return. Tried to use the GTS but the requests are impossible. x.x

I actually have a Shiny Seviper...

To be fair, most of the sympathy from the fans come from N, who really did try to befriend Pokemon.

People give Ghetesis cred, because he's a fucking lunatic. 

I'll give the guy some main credit for not only capturing a Legendary under his control, but for also being the hardest of all the bosses to beat, with a full team, and being at a Champion level of difficulty to take down, bonus points for having a Psuedo Legendary in his arsenal.

Also he almost tried to kill the Main Protagonist, I know the dialogue in the game said he was only trying to freeze you, but those Icicles were in shapes of freaking Spears man, looked a lot more like he was gonna get rid of you once and for all.

• Thumbs Up 1

A remake of Yellow would be a breath of fresh air, though.  Definitely an improvement on remaking Red/Blue again, which would be a stunningly lazy idea... 

But Yellow IS Red & Blue

But Yellow IS Red & Blue

Very funny. Yellow is the enhancement and "ultimate edition" to those two, the first third game to start the trend of the ultimate third editions/sequels to the first two among gens.

I feel like the anime-based touches, especially since they're present from the start and have a big impact on how you play the opening hours of the game, do make it feel like quite a different experience.  This is my recollection.  I would also expect a Pokemon Yellow remake to differ in various other new ways to a second Pokemon Red/Blue remake.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did like that they brought back the companion Pokemon in HGSS, but then got rid of it again in W/B, I wash really dissapointed :(

I wonder if they just wanted that to be a special feature for HGSS only, or if redrawing the field sprites for every single Pokemon wasn't really something they could contemplate.  I liked the feature, and it's not like they couldn't have put in a toggle for it for people who didn't want it, but I have to recognise that it's surely a lot of work.

IIRC, the developers said it was too tedious for them and they didn't want to make such a feature available again. Considering how we're nearing 800+ Pokemon now, I kinda don't blame them.

Yeah, that figures.  A real shame, but it's inevitable.  Unless they ever reach a point where it's possible for them to use models interchangeably between battle and field, but I assume they have to be different for various technical reasons.

They'd only have to do it once assuming they stick with the same models for everything in the next few games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very funny. Yellow is the enhancement and "ultimate edition" to those two, the first third game to start the trend of the ultimate third editions/sequels to the first two among gens.

Yeah, for the West. I'd say Japan's 'third version' is JPN Blue. 

But that's just me. 

'Tis a shame they got rid of the gimmick of Pokemon following you after HG/SS but I understand why they did it. Especially now that the games don't even use sprites anymore. Can you imagine having to design more than 700+ 3D models for the game world? Pokemon Amie is already enough.  

Just another quick reminder for this page that the Pokemon Bank's free 30 day trial will NOT be available after tomorrow, meaning you'll have to buy it immediately if you want to get it after Friday.

However, even if you get it today, you'll still get the maximum 30 day duration.

Ever since my 3DS was gone I've been worried about the fate of my Pokemon Bank. I haven't paid the yearly fee...so all that work will be gone.

Sigh...

Technically Blue was the enhanced version which featured improved graphics, sound, and lack of easily-accessed gamebreaking glitches.

The Red and Blue version the world got was an updated version of the original Japanese Red and Green.

Pokémon Yellow was intended to buy Game Freak some time to work on the next generation Pokémon games and was inspired by the anime that was rather popular at the time. It featured new sprites for both Pokémon and trainers to match with the anime artwork, being forced to have Pikachu as the starter that would follow you and receive the normal starters as gifts during the game, minigames, trainers having new teams to match the anime, upgraded movepools and so on.

In my opinion, Kanto shouldn't be revisited anytime soon. It had a remake in 2004, it was revisited once again in 2010 via Heart Gold/Soul Silver and was basically done in animation form last year. Not to mention that whenever Gamefreak makes new games/remakes they always do two versions for the sake of maintaining the tradition of having version exclusives so you and your friends can trade, so Yellow would be a no-no.

If there is a game that needs a remake it is Ruby/Sapphire for various reasons like being the only region not available to play on the 3DS, lacking many features like day/night cycle and having old mechanics like the stupid Special/Physical split.

Really, I would love a 3DS remake of Ruby and Sapphire so I could give them a shot! As far as the next games though, I would rather have an X2 and Y2, rather than a Z. I'd prefer to play a sorta sequel rather than the same game again with slight differences.

I think almost everyone's been asking for a Ruby/Sapphire game! I have never actually played those games before (ikr) so it would be great to play one of those games with the XY graphics and stuff. Plus, remixed music! So we don't have to hear any of thissss~

1363800691449.png

I think almost everyone's been asking for a Ruby/Sapphire game! I have never actually played those games before (ikr) so it would be great to play one of those games with the XY graphics and stuff. Plus, remixed music! So we don't have to hear any of thissss~

1363800691449.png

We don't have to hear the Sea Trumpets while the Seagull and Jellyfish choir sing ominously in the background?

(It's what I interpret the picture to mean, don't judge me.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone need any Hidden Ability Eevees at all? I got one off the GTS and I'm willing to breed it for people. Just let me know.