Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So, I got like a million Chimchars, a lot with Iron Fist. Does anyone want them? I have one pulled aside for a member here already, but any unclaimed chims will get tossed into the Wonder Trade ether with silly names like BILLY MAYS, Will Smith, and a few cool names like Fireball.

Well I do need me a Magic Bounce Espeon sooooooooooooo.........

I'll bug you about it Jude.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, guys! So, I already mentioned how Powersaves lets you check shiny values, but there's another way to do it now to make up for the death of Instacheck, and this way seems really straightforward, as all you need is an SD card reader. So, without further ado...

On that note, I currently have a dilemma. See, in my competitive team, I have a 5IV Greninja (31/31/31/31/XX/31). The other day, I got a shiny froakie that is (31/28/31/31/21/31). I adore shiny Greninja, but at the same time, my regular ol' frog has a slightly better attack IV, so I'm not sure which to use. It's the same on my X version. I got a marvel scale dratini that's 31 in everything but one of the defense stats and a shiny that's... 31/31/31/31/31/13. Shiny dragonite's super cool, but from what I understand, even a ten point difference in speed can be a problem.

For those of you more versed in competitive matters, what say you?

Trying to attempt at completing the Pokedex, anyone able to help? Any help would be appreciated but I'd rather get the difficult Pokemon out of the way first.

On that note, I currently have a dilemma. See, in my competitive team, I have a 5IV Greninja (31/31/31/31/XX/31). The other day, I got a shiny froakie that is (31/28/31/31/21/31). I adore shiny Greninja, but at the same time, my regular ol' frog has a slightly better attack IV, so I'm not sure which to use. It's the same on my X version. I got a marvel scale dratini that's 31 in everything but one of the defense stats and a shiny that's... 31/31/31/31/31/13. Shiny dragonite's super cool, but from what I understand, even a ten point difference in speed can be a problem.

Run the shiny one.  Greninja is primarily a special attacker so the attack IV doesn't matter unless you really want to run a physical set (which doesn't make sense because you don't have the perfect IV).  I'd actually say your shiny Dratini is slightly more useful as well, since DNite relies a lot on its bulk (thanks to Multiscale) and can boost its speed with Dragon Dance.  If your Dratini has Extremespeed that's even better.  A perfect 5IV DNite ideally is one without SpAtk since it runs physical.

As someone who competitively battles occasionally, here's my 2 cents on this.

Go for the Shiny Greninja and make it a Special Attacker as from what I've seen, a physical attacking Greninja doesn't see much success and is almost never used or preferred. You could try making it a Physical Attacker to surprise people and I say that because I run a Choice Scarf Modest Greninja which catches most people I've battled off guard most of the time. Sure it's an unpopular choice, but eh it works for my main team. As for the Dragonite, I'd say go for the shiny as it's awesome looking and Dragonite has Dragon Dance to mitigate that lowly speed iv. If you're faced against other Dragonites than...tough luck.

A 2-5 difference in IV stat is not gonna make a difference in anything outside of speed. If it's still around the 20's range it should be perfectly fine. Frankly, consider yourself lucky to have a shiny Froakie with stats THAT good.

Speaking of that Dratini, you might be able to mitigate it's lower speed stat by running Thunderwave/Roost/Dragon-move/Coverage. Focus more on being a tank and crippling faster opponents with T-wave to level the playing field.

Thank you for your suggestions, guys. :) I admit, the only reason I have a shiny froakie is because I got someone with a shiny value match to hatch. Still, I think I'll start training him up soon.

Regarding, the Dragonite, I have a non-shiny with 31 in everything but sp. attack, which may be better to use. Both my dratinis have extremespeed as egg moves and their hidden abilities, so I'm torn between making the low-speed dragon a tank with Twave or invest those EVs in speed.

I am also thinking about running a wish Vaporeon on that team for support. I'm just torn between running scald/wish/protect/ice beam and scald/wish/baton pass/acid armor. Would probably have either Mawile or Megazard X as my Mega, possibly Forretress as a physical wall and hazard support... This team setup is still a work in progress.

• 2 months later...

So Nintendo of Spain may have let a spoiler slip:

Mega Yveltal Reference For Pokémon Art Academy

Pokémon Art Academy for Nintendo 3DS has already been confirmed for localization in North America and Europe; we reported that news last month, on May 12th. Since then, various websites have updated their game descriptions for the cute and artistic Nintendo art tutor title. Interestingly, Nintendo of Spain has added a peculiar description that references not one, but multiple Mega Yveltal — the Dark/Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, and mascot for Pokémon Y — evolutions.

Here’s a sentence from the lengthy Pokémon Art Academy description, as seen on Nintendo of Spain’s official website.

40 lecciones con las que aprender a pintar, bosquejar y dibujar a Pikachu, Charmander, y cuando seas un experto, hasta las megaevoluciones de Yveltal.

Translated from Spanish to United States English, the sentence reads the following. (Thanks to our Twitter follower Saúl Mostacero for helping out with the translation.)

In 40 lessons, learn how to paint, sketch, and draw Pikachu and Charmander, and when you become an expert, Yveltal’s Mega Evolutions.

Nintendo of America’s website makes no mention of Mega Yveltal in their description for Pokémon Art Academy, but that doesn’t mean Nintendo of Spain hasn’t slipped up. With all the new Mega-evolved Pokémon featured in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it’s a fair bet trainers will be able to bring Mega Yveltal, among others, to the digital canvas.

Pokémon Art Academy for Nintendo 3DS will be released in the West some time “this fall.” Thanks to Nate for sending the news tip!

Click the image below to see a better shot of the Mega Yveltal reference.

http://nintendonews.com/2014/06/mega-yveltal-pokemon-art-academy/

If this holds true, wonder if Xerneas will also be getting a Mega Evolution.

I think it's a typo as they showed that you could draw Mega Charizard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that sounds to me more like a typing error than a leak.  If there's going to be a Mega Yveltal, it sure won't make its debut before Pokemon Z.

Aw man, I wish it was Mega Yveltal. XP But yah it must be just a typo.

Anyways, I tried Wonder Trade for the very first time a few days ago (yeah yeah I'm late) and...it sucks. Sorry, but it sucks.

I traded twice; a Shuckle for a Korean Sentret and another random Pokemon for Caterpie. No Shinies, no Pokemon that I need to complete my Pokedex with, nothing. It's funny too because I heard Wonder Trade was great but my first impressions are that people just trade crappy Pokemon with eachother all the time. What's the fun in that?

I'll never finish my Pokedex if this keeps happening. =[

Wondertrade isn't inherently bad. The problem is that, for every person trading shinies, bank 'mons, and evolved Pokémon, there's some selfish douchebag trading caterpies and fletchlings from route 2. The trick to succeeding with WT is to have a LOT of excess 'mons. Breeding fodder, for example. I've actually gotten some cool things in the past, but it's a gamble.

In any case, I'm looking for ideas for team building. See, I'm entering a BattleSpot tourny this friday, 3v3 singles. Here was the setup I was thinking about:

Swampert
Adamant Nature
Item: Assault Vest
Moves: Waterfall/Avalanche/Earthquake/Stone Edge
252 HP/172 ATK/44 Def/32 Sp Def

Mega Charizard X
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 speed
Standard Dragon Dance set

OR

Adamant Nature
248 HP/32 ATK/188 SDef/40 Speed
Will-o-Wisp, Earthquake, Dragon Claw (or Flare Blitz), Roost

The second set tanks like a pro and has the added ability to burn, sacrificing sweeping potential for the ability to stay in the game longer.

Rotom Wash
Standard bulky set with will-o-wisp, hydro pump, volt switch, rest

Bulky Mega Venusaur

Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, some other move

Two megas because this is 3v3. The other 'mons I'm gonna use are Special Aegislash and Togekiss. Do you think this team would have okay synergy? In 6v6, I'd probably just run a different grass type.

Also, what sort of teammates do you think would compliment an unburden sceptile?.

So Nintendo of Spain may have let a spoiler slip:

http://nintendonews.com/2014/06/mega-yveltal-pokemon-art-academy/

If this holds true, wonder if Xerneas will also be getting a Mega Evolution.

typo, probably. The way it's worded says you can draw Charmander when a newb, up to the megaevolutions when a master. Makes more sense they were referring to Charizard.

• 1 month later...

Man this thread has been dead a while. But I bring news!!

6c023481f6d93fcb6f58fc7a1e390ac4.png

That was fast, 100mil Pokémon have already been traded, and the lovely pretty Fancy Pattern Vivillon is now available for download worldwide! Hopefully it won't be long before Diancie can be downloaded. Srsly, where is Diancie?

what's with all these stupid Vivillion patterns? bring out Diancie and Mega Latios already.

Man this thread has been dead a while. But I bring news!!

That was fast, 100mil Pokémon have already been traded, and the lovely pretty Fancy Pattern Vivillon is now available for download worldwide! Hopefully it won't be long before Diancie can be downloaded. Srsly, where is Diancie?

They're probably gonna make her available when OR/AS come out.

What about those other two Pokemon, Volcanion and Hoopa? They still haven't been officially confirmed them and it doesn't seem like they will appear in the (probably lame) movie this year.

I think the other two will be stretched out across Gen6's lifetime (which seems to be the trend since Gen4). If the average Gen is 4 years, we'll see Hoopa next year or the year after, and Volcanion will be shortly before Gen7 comes out.

I downloaded the Vivillion.

Get event Pokemon is a lot less special when you don't have to go to places like Gamestop or Toys R Us to get them.

I downloaded the Vivillion.

Get event Pokemon is a lot less special when you don't have to go to places like Gamestop or Toys R Us to get them.

Oh man, I feel the same way. Going to GameStop to get Shiny Pichu/Jirachi or Toys R Us for Regigigas (my favorite Legendary) was just so fun. Sure, just getting them from Wi-Fi is convenient, but not as fun at all.

Speak for yourselves.  wink.png    I fail to see anything special or fun about having to drive several hours to spend 30 seconds in a store downloading a Pokemon.  After first struggling to find enough time to make the trip.  It's not like I even see anyone else when I get there, so I'm much happier pulling  things down at home.  I do wish they'd to the in-game events though (e.g. Arceus flute) rather than just handing you the Pokemon.  That would make things more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, there were never any events close to me, so I missed out on a bunch of Pokémon over the years. Doing it through Wi-Fi is far superior.

• Thumbs Up 4