Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I was thinking more along the lines of Flygon.

Hell, you don't even need Ice Beam. Pretty much any Ice attack one-shots Flygon.

Believe me as a Flygon lover I feel your pain...

I was thinking more along the lines of Flygon.

Hell, you don't even need Ice Beam. Pretty much any Ice attack one-shots Flygon.

You could replace Flygon with almost any other dragon type and the statement would still apply, which is why Hydreigon is best psuedo-legendary.

Well if 4x weaknesses didn't exist, Garchomp would rape everyone's lives.

Likewise with Rayquaza if we include ubers. The beast is pretty bulky and if it didn't have that 4x weakness to ice, it would make it an even bigger nightmare than it already is.

I always figured Hoenn Pokemon were the way they are because they came from a tropical region, thus they are adapted to a more exotic environment.

They tried to go with some different designs, that's why they don't seem to fit so well with the Gen I/II Pokémon.

People started bitching and we got a shitload of Pokémon from Gen V that look like overdesigned Gen I ripoffs.

Edited by Tmsp

Also, pretty much all the gen 1&2 Pokemon were designed by one person. Once gen 3 rolled around they gathered up a team of people to design them, so there were probably more creative juices flowing starting around that time and less stress for the original guy who used to do it all himself.

Guys, you're comparing a dragon with mediocre stats to dragons with massive stats :/.

I'm talking about Pokemon that are rendered useless by 4x weaknesses: Flygon, Abomosnow, Camerupt, etc.

x4 weakenesses are essential to balancing the game. The Pokémon that are rendered useless by them merely need to be better balanced out, rather than do away with x4 weaknesses entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

x4 weaknesses don't even break a Pokémon either. Many Pokémon like Ferrothorn, Dragonite, Salamence and Gyarados all have x4 weaknesses, and they still manage to be some of the best Pokémon in the game regardless of this. Pokémon aren't useless as a result of their x4 weaknesses, or weaknesses in general for the most part. Most of the time, there are other factors that hold them back from being as good as they could be, like not having good enough stats, or having a lacking movepool. A lot of the Pokémon that people have mentioned here, like Flygon and Abomasnow, aren't even bad. There are just better choices than them available, and those choices aren't the better ones because of a lack of a x4 weakness. By that logic, any Pokémon that can be taken out in one hit by their weaknesses (Also known as pretty much any offensive Pokémon) is a useless Pokémon, and many Pokémon have proven this to be false.

• Thumbs Up 7

x4 weaknesses don't even break a Pokémon either. Many Pokémon like Ferrothorn, Dragonite, Salamence and Gyarados all have x4 weaknesses, and they still manage to be some of the best Pokémon in the game regardless of this. Pokémon aren't useless as a result of their x4 weaknesses, or weaknesses in general for the most part. Most of the time, there are other factors that hold them back from being as good as they could be, like not having good enough stats, or having a lacking movepool. A lot of the Pokémon that people have mentioned here, like Flygon and Abomasnow, aren't even bad. There are just better choices than them available, and those choices aren't the better ones because of a lack of a x4 weakness. By that logic, any Pokémon that can be taken out in one hit by their weaknesses (Also known as pretty much any offensive Pokémon) is a useless Pokémon, and many Pokémon have proven this to be false.

My Tyranitar in Soul Silver destroyed worlds. 

The look on that kid's face at the airport when Ice Punch destroyed his entire team of ubers after a baton-passed Rock Polish. Heh. 

And god dammit before you judge I was fifteen at the time. We were the same age. >:U

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ferrothorn laughs at its own 4x weakness, it's so good that it has the possibility to shake over fire type attacks with proper stat matchups. But seriously, if it didn't have that weakness, it would be perhaps the most broken defensive Pokemon in existence. I love the damn thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

People keep posting in here and I keep clicking in here thinking it's a goddamn new pogeyman, >:U.

• Thumbs Up 9

People keep posting in here and I keep clicking in here thinking it's a goddamn new pogeyman, >:U.

Wait until the weekend.

x4 Weak Pokemon got nothing on Parasect.

x6 to Fire if it's got Dry Skin? Damn mushroom's a risk-taker.

x6 to Fire if it's got Dry Skin? Damn mushroom's a risk-taker.

Well duh, the parasite on it's back wants to kill the host. 

Well duh, the parasite on it's back wants to kill the host.

Parasite's want to keep their hosts alive, otherwise they'll die too.
  • Thumbs Up 1

But the mushroom on Parasect is a parasite!

It's a thing, is what it is. Some of the bios of it imply that the Parasect is already practically dead. 

Ferrothorn laughs at its own 4x weakness, it's so good that it has the possibility to shake over fire type attacks with proper stat matchups. But seriously, if it didn't have that weakness, it would be perhaps the most broken defensive Pokemon in existence. I love the damn thing.

Even with it's weakness it's a pain in the ass, especially in the rain.  It's to the point where the only way to reliably stop Ferrothorn is to shut down it's setup potential. A lot easier than trying to kill it outright.

It's a thing, is what it is. Some of the bios of it imply that the Parasect is already practically dead. 

It's a form of symbiosis, Parasect is mostly influenced by the mushroom. 

It's a form of symbiosis, Parasect is mostly influenced by the mushroom.

VEDJ-F is right. Check this shit out man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, having done this at degree level, I can assure you that not all body hijackers want some cutesy sybiosis. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

It makes that Pokemon episode where that girl with the Paras was giving it heavy pressure to evolve all the more tragic/creepy.