Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So a new Pokemon forme has been "leaked". It's uncomfirmed so far, but Serebii of all places reported on it so I figured it'd be worth posting here rather than the status updates. Thoughts? Pictures in the spoiler below...

6PJ7t9W.jpgAZM43yi.jpg Mewtwo's new forme.

I'm supposed to be on a media blackout and I'm doing an awful job so far :P I came across the above while strolling through GoNintendo thismorning.

But seriously, man, I'm not sure why they think this is a good idea but I'm all for said Pokémon getting more mythos and development. He's important to a lot of people so.. well, I'm just glad that he doesn't look as bad as he could do.

If it's real, that is.

I wonder if this is the big XY News slated for Saturday?

It obviously won't be but any chance that could actually be a Mewthree? Look at the small part of its legs you can actually see, that's so different from Mewtwo's own.

I'm not sure if I like this or not, as SuperLink said he's important to a lot of people and there better be a good explaination as to why they've waited until now to do this. I dunno, it just seems a bit late to be messing with such a main original Pokémon, especially one they've never even slightly suggested as being 'incomplete'.

He looks like a Freizer/ Buu DBZ hybrid now lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh. Incidentally, fan perceptions of

Mewthree

always looked like some weird Frieza thing.

Coincidence??

I think it's more likely to just be a new forme though. It's gonna need to look really cool in game or have some seriously cool mythos for me to like it though.

I don't want another Mewtwo forme. I like him as he is. 

EDIT:

Head looks far too big for the body. 

So how bout the third version is Pokémon W and the cover monster is Mewtwo

get hype

So how bout the third version is Pokémon W and the cover monster is Mewtwo

get hype

Shutup

That sounds amazing

• Thumbs Up 4

If it's real, we have the official replacement for Lucario for the next Smash Bros.

It looks fine, but I don't really see the point in giving Mewtwo another form in the first place. He's already one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kill me now.

That thing is horrifying.

And if that thing is in Smash Bros. I will want to off myself even more.

Edited by Cola

blink.png blink.png blink.png

At last...my dream has finally been realized...

BIG HEAD MODE IS IN X/Y!

On a less jokey note, it looks really strange. The head is definitely a lot bigger than the body looks like it should be able to handle, but I'll wait for clearer pics for final judgement. (If it's real, that is.) I do think that it's interesting to see a new form for a much older Pokemon, though. Opens up some possibilities for even more creativity in X/Y.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

That thing is hard as Hell to parse.  It's got weird bits sticking out of it all over the place.  Still, I absolutely wouldn't put it past them.  One more tool to lure fans of older generations to X and Y.  (That early whinging about the games being on the 3DS still baffles me.)

Eh, Mewthree or that form, which ever it it is okay. Not bad but not good either. Considering that Mewtwo is going to play a big part in the next movie, it's not that suprising that they'd evetually pull this kind of thing.

I'd need to see more pictures before making a real judgement of it. I'm all for updating old Pokemon, though.

Mewtwo became less and less special/powerful as the generations went by, so this is a semi-neat way of making it a big threat again.

EDIT: I wonder if the Japanese side of the fandom reacts with as much disgust over every reveal as the Western side. Someone should translate the 2chan reactions. 

Edited by gunthær

A friend of mine point out that Pokémon have a tendency to look really awkward and plastic in movie posters. I'm gonna hold my almighty negative judgements until I see him either in Sugimori art or in game.

Because another Mewtwo forme is something I really like the idea of, so I'd really like if they justified it and made it work.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can definitely see this as being a mixed opinion sort of Pokemon. On one hand, we have Mewtwo who has been shoved aside in favor of more Legendary Pokemon as the Gens come and go and having this form would make him more relevant to the games besides being the optional Legie you can catch during or post-game. On the other hand, you've got the "WHY IZ IT SO FUGLY?! THEY RUINED MEWTWO FREVR!!" sort of response.

I don't mind it if it's a just a new forme. It looks way too cute in those pictures though.

I wonder if he will be mentioned in the main story of X and Y at all, considering the probable DNA theme.

A friend of mine point out that Pokémon have a tendency to look really awkward and plastic in movie posters. I'm gonna hold my almighty negative judgements until I see him either in Sugimori art or in game.

Because another Mewtwo forme is something I really like the idea of, so I'd really like if they justified it and made it work.

100% agree. The more that can be added to Mewtwo's arsenal, the better. 

Heck, it doesn't even look that bad in the posters (at least not the one that isn't wrinkled), and even then, anime promo art drawn at weird angles isn't a good thing to base judgement off of. People get very passionate over Pokemon designs, especially when it deals with their Jehn Wun Pokuhmons.

Edited by gunthær
  • Thumbs Up 2

As far as I'm concerned, a new forme for Mewtwo or a Mewthree isn't a bad thing so long as he's relevant to the plot. And that would hopefully entail a tie-in with Mew, Cinnabar Island or Team Rocket. But if it's just an extra forme that serves no purpose within the games at all or just in a side-plot then I'll flip.

• Thumbs Up 1

It reminds me of the Xenomorphs from aliens. Well the head at least.

It's kind of okay I think. It could be much worse. It's essentially a sleeker refined Mewtwo with an Alien head. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It reminds me of the Xenomorphs from aliens. Well the head at least.

It's kind of okay I think. It could be much worse. It's essentially a sleeker refined Mewtwo with an Alien head. 

Well, you just made me like it 10 times more.

As far as I'm concerned, a new forme for Mewtwo or a Mewthree isn't a bad thing so long as he's relevant to the plot. And that would hopefully entail a tie-in with Mew, Cinnabar Island or Team Rocket. But if it's just an extra forme that serves no purpose within the games at all or just in a side-plot then I'll flip.

This. So much this.

I will be so fucked off if it's just an optional extra with no purpose outside of the Movie, though Deoxys' four forms having zero actual plot relevance whatsoever doesn't give me much hope.

I do like the idea of this but not so sure of the design just yet, kinda defeats the point of being a Mew clone if it stops looking like Mew.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never judged Pokemon designs to harshly, but now I feel like my faith is being tested.

• Thumbs Up 1