Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I've never judged Pokemon designs to harshly, but now I feel like my faith is being tested.

This is kinda where I'm at. I mean, it doesn't look bad I guess, but since I'm one of those manchildren who has been around since GEN WUN, this just looks so...odd to me. I'll go with it without much complaint if it's real but...

One thing I'm honestly wondering, is why MewTwo would even need a different form. Its basically already the ultimate Special Sweeper (130 Base Speed and 154 Base Sp. Attack). Maybe if they justify it in the story it'd be OK, but MewTwo needs no improvement, unless they're making a defensive forme.

This. So much this.

I will be so fucked off if it's just an optional extra with no purpose outside of the Movie, though Deoxys' four forms having zero actual plot relevance whatsoever doesn't give me much hope.

The Multiple forms were kinda Deoxy's shtick, though. It was introduced as a Pokemon with several forms, it didn't need more relevance besides "It just does that". Also, keep in mind that Giratina, Shaymin (kinda), Arceus and Kyurem all had form changes with plot relevance. 

It looks like some....weird Super Buu-ese fusion to me. Anywho, it looks...like a sleeker build of Mewtwo, so maybe its main priority is Speed above all else, barring its 130 base Speed from the outset.

Oh Gawd...... Mewtwo is one of my MOST favorite pokemon! I was even going to make an AMV woth him but decided to delay it for a year thanks to M16.

This...form..it doesn't look TOO bad but.....

...WHY????!

I mean, they could've given him new abilities instead of new controversial look. I can't decide whether I like it or not but I can definitely say it was unneeded and that I like the original form much more!

I hope in the games this new form will be optional like Deoxys forms and not be just more powerful like every other evolution because I'm still gonna use the original Mewtwo form and if it'll be less powerful, I'll be a sad panda.

I'll wait for some new information. Sweet mother of cloning...

Edited by ArtFenix

I already postulated this on the status, but this seems to me like "completed clone forme" Mewtwo or something. He still looks like Mewtwo, but the proportions are Mew's. I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like that theory a bit too, considering Plasma were working on "completing" Genesect, maybe they or some party related to them worked on completing Mewtwo? Or maybe Mewtwo even completed himself? Either way, the movie should shed light on it even before it's made possible in XY.

>expecting the Movie to make sense of the games' plot

The only thing I'd expect of the movie would be awesome Char Genesect who's three times faster. Plus some unintentional hilarity when everyone is an idiot. Like Rayquaza spending an entire movie headbutting a shield.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who finds Mewtwo to be EXTREMELY over-rated? I mean, I like that he's in the new movie, I really am, but to me he's never been a favorite.

Anyone notice how Mewtwo is in same poster as this new thing?

Am I the only one who finds Mewtwo to be EXTREMELY over-rated? I mean, I like that he's in the new movie, I really am, but to me he's never been a favorite.

Being one if the most OP Pokemon since day 1 might have something to do with it.

Well, it's a movie poster, and Mewtwo already appears in the movie in his normal form. Which means that if it's real, he would change forme at some point in the movie and it'd probably be a key plot point.

So even if the anime explains it differently to the games, should still be interesting.

Anyone notice how Mewtwo is in same poster as this new thing?

You mean the Shiny Extremespeed Genesect?

Zora_Artwork_3d.png

First thing I thought of when I saw the new forme.

It looks this "Mewtwo Prime" is even less resilient than the original Mewtwo, and since Mewtwo's "weakness" is its base 90 defenses, it makes me wonder what will happen to his offenses.

Edited by Joshua

Uhhhh what the hell is up with his head? O__o

I dunno if I like this forme much, or new Pokemon...whatever it is! It just looks so strange. But I'm intrigued! I genuinely want to know whether this is Mewthree or just Mewtwo's new forme. I guess we'll find out this weekend...

What? That thing is fucking horrible. Just leave the old Pokémon alone.

Mewtwo was perfectly fine and now they decide to turn him into a sperm head abomination?

Why?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh man, I can hear the "RUINED FOREVER" cries already.

Like I didn't hear them already.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man, I can hear the "RUINED FOREVER" cries already.

What did you expected? They just grabbed one of the most popular Pokémon ever made and decided to give him a new unnecessary bad looking form.

I find the "ruined forever" cries to be quite funny, because we don't know anything about it yet. They could very easily have ruined Mewtwo, but like I said before, with a proper story backing it's a brilliant way to bring Mewtwo back into relevance. And while I may not like the way this thing looks, I do appreciate that it's design is quite simple.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, to be honest, I don't give two shits if it's a Mewthree or a Mewtwo forme or something completely unrelated to the Mews at all, I'd still call it a bad design. 

I'd still say wait for the Sugimori art or game model because new Pokémon always look awkward as fuck on movie posters when they could look awesome in art.

I've never especially cared for Mewtwo. It's just kind of... gross and lanky and unappealing. A great big tubey wet cat. I get why people like it, and as a ~character~ it's pretty cool, but its design hasn't ever done much for me.

This new form, if it's real (is that still in dispute?), looks a bit more appealing to me. It reminds me a little of Banette, and there ain't nothin' wrong with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, that Mewtwo forme/Mewthree design is as ugly as hell, I'm not gonna lie.  Is his tail attached to his head?! Is his head attached to his butt? I have no Idea...

Eh, Maybe it's just the leaked picture that makes him look so awkward. (Especially considering the first pic is all crumpled up.) At least I hope it's just the picture.

Edited by MAYHEM!

424px-M16_poster.png

Crisis averted.

In case you don't get it, the poster posted back is pretty much the same thing. This one is the official poster.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET