Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Oh! The plot thickens indeed! It IS a new Pokémon then!

Mewtwo and Mew finally procreated. In game fact mew gave birth to mewtwo.

A whole new Pokemon eh? Curiouser and curiouser...

Oh really?

ya-rly001.jpg

Edit: And this just proves it!

Edited by Gabz Girl

After years of irrelevancy, Mewtwo is actually being important to the games again?. (probably not if this is really a new Pokemon)

Would like to point out Junichi Masuda just said it's a new Pokemon and nothing more, but after being inadvertently spoiled for the past week with that movie poster and whatnot, plus seeing it in battle with Genesect, it's more likely to believe this is may be related to Mewtwo in some sort of way. Maybe someone was trying to create their own copy of Mewtwo or something. I am slightly disappointed that is all to be seen with the announcement today, but at least there's some official confirmation.

Let the Frieza/Buu comparisons come at full force now

Edited by TheChaosBlue

While it's badass like I said, they better not make it "Oh you need to visit laboratory 534234 and active the SUPER XY MACHINE to change it's forme!"

And then have to include the machine or whatever-have-you in every future Pokemon game to come. Ya know, like they already did with a billion other Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 2

The head on that design still annoys me because it looks like he listened to will.i.am's infectious beats for so long that a pair of headphones eventually merged into its skill. It's just such an odd and potentially pointless design choice. But strangely enough, I like the eggplant-toes the most. All in all, it's okay.

I... don't think the way they're wording it confirms it's a new pokémon, guys. It's just the typical "WHOOO IS THIS NEW POKÉMON WHO LOOKS LIKE THE OLD ONE???" way of keeping mystery to hide it's a new Forme.

Seriously, go check the site and the buttons it has below Mewtwo. One for normal Mewtwo, one for Newtwo. Forme changing, just like in Keldeo's site.

I actually really like how Newtwo looks and animates in game, and the official art is pretty great too

The new forme looks a lot better in the gameplay video. It's actually starting to grow on me.

• Thumbs Up 3

The feet look pretty dumb, but otherwise it's alright. Sort of cute, I guess, and it gets free points for ditching the awkward chestplate that makes Mewtwo look like it's malnourished. It's also more interesting-looking than Mew, so I guess it's my new favourite member of the Mew family? Huh.

I'm mostly just happy that there seems to be a big emphasis on new Pokemon that are related to older ones. I prefer fill-in-the-blanks gens to everything's-all-new gens.

• Thumbs Up 3

The feet look pretty dumb, but otherwise it's alright. Sort of cute, I guess, and it gets free points for ditching the awkward chestplate that makes Mewtwo look like it's malnourished. It's also more interesting-looking than Mew, so I guess it's my new favourite member of the Mew family? Huh.

I'm mostly just happy that there seems to be a big emphasis on new Pokemon that are related to older ones. I prefer fill-in-the-blanks gens to everything's-all-new gens.

The only bad thing about it is that its like.. Why did you not exist before.. Especially if you look at it from the anime's point of view.

The fact that his tail turned into a ponytail kind of disturbs me.

And that halo looks ridiculous but otherwise he doesn't look that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's cool actually. I might want to have Mewtwo on my team now.

Maybe what they'll do is an event similar to the Keldeo one, where "You go to Gamestop and download Mewtwo to your Black2/White2 game and transfer it over to X & Y!" 

I wish they'd get rid of the the form changes. They should just be straight-up evolutions. I'm still sick and tired of going through the trouble of changing Shaymin every time I play.

EDIT: So it's a brand new Pokemon then? How much do you want to bet it's going to be a fusion of Mew and Mewtwo?

Edited by The Kid

From the U.S. Pokemon site...

"The mysteries of Pokémon X andPokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body and piercing, powerful eyes."

So key words: 'not quite the same', 'strangely familiar', 'shares many traits'...

...Can be used for both sides of the argument there, but further confirmation is needed I guess?

And haha Majin Buutwo/ Super Buutwo jokes are coming in fast.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

Now that I've thought about it I want to see the thought process behind this supposed new pokemon. In both the anime and games mewtwo runs away and goes into hiding ( in game Cerulean Cave, in anime a random city) So the only way I can see this being a new pokemon is that mewtwo was caught again (very unlikely), that another mew was tested and cloned, or that this pokemon was created alongside mewtwo. The other thing that contradicts this is that mewtwo as been publicly announced to appear in the movie and all of a sudden this new thing is bumping it out of advertisements lead to the idea that this is a new mewtwo forme and genosect might be involved in it.

This thing really disturbs me, I dunno if it is the tiny body or the weird head. 

Looks like they tried to mix an edgy looking Pokemon like Mewtwo or Darkrai with the body of a cute legendary like Mew and Celebi.

I'll have a hard time getting used to it since I really like the original Mewtwo design.

smash4131.jpg

guys look at its halo thing

200px-Black_White_Emmet.png

now look at ingo and emmet's hair

sideburn-type confirmed

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed he isn't completely white, though

I liked it better when he looked full-on Giegue

Now that I've thought about it I want to see the thought process behind this supposed new pokemon. In both the anime and games mewtwo runs away and goes into hiding ( in game Cerulean Cave, in anime a random city) So the only way I can see this being a new pokemon is that mewtwo was caught again (very unlikely), that another mew was tested and cloned, or that this pokemon was created alongside mewtwo. The other thing that contradicts this is that mewtwo as been publicly announced to appear in the movie and all of a sudden this new thing is bumping it out of advertisements lead to the idea that this is a new mewtwo forme and genosect might be involved in it.

Here is my question again since it seems to have slipped in the previous page

I'm still thinking the fusion in Pokemon Black and White 2 were hinting at a new mechanic in X/Y considering X/Y is giving me a lot of DNA vibes. And now we see Mewtwo, who was created from GENES of Mew, getting a new forme.

• Thumbs Up 1