Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

smash4131.jpg

... Meh?

Um... actually, I don't know what to say about this. I mean, on the one hand, it actually looks kinda slick, like it's set to fly through the air like a jet. On the other hand... that head tentacle... those fingers and toes... those hips...

I think it's gonna take me some time to acclimate to this. I guess it helps that it's hinted to not actually be Mewtwo himself...

and no I don't want to engage in sexual activities with this thing ya sickos

I'd let him put his head tentacle in my butthole.

...too far?

Wonder if there's already Rule 34 of that... >>

I've mentioned it before but the "halo" on its head looks a lot like a race car tail piece. And considering that its a lot sleeker than Mewtwo, yep its Godspeed Mewtwo. lawl

My point was that having a character just be "X but more betterer" is kind of dumb. I actually like new Pokemon, so seeing an old one I like just get a hula-hoop grafted to its head and be deemed a new, more better version of it just feels like nostalgia baiting, laziness, and overall a waste of time. Might just be me.

Silver doesn't actually improve on Sonic in any way that matters. And you'll get plenty of new pokemon; a few new forms or evolutions or whatever for old ones should be fine. I just think this guy looks cool, like a less lumpy Mewtwo.

I don't know if it's nostalgia, or that 'majin-buu' head thing, or the fingers and toes, or it's scrawny shape or what.

Something just feels off to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver doesn't actually improve on Sonic in any way that matters.

Neither does Newtwo, to be honest. Sleekness only goes so far.

Sleekness is pretty rad when it was basically the only problem with the original and about all we know about Newtwo so far is its design anyway.

Sleekness is pretty rad when it was basically the only problem with the original and about all we know about Newtwo so far is its design anyway.

It's just kinda like the whole Pichu thing. It's all "okay, that's nice, but honestly I'd rather have that spot/attention go to something that doesn't feel rehashed." I dunno, it's hard to explain.

Your words seem to insinuate that there is something not badass about Mewtwo's design.

Pichu's ugly and boring though. And again it's not like there's not gonna be a hundred new pokemon or whatever.

e: original flavor Mewtwo wasn't bad, just kinda lumpy.

Edited by Diogenes

Pichu's ugly and boring though.

Again, I could say the same for Newtwo. :P

And again it's not like there's not gonna be a hundred new pokemon or whatever. 

Hence "attention." It's a bit disheartening when the thing getting the most attention in a new game is just a re-skinned old thing, at least as far as the public knows.

Wonder if there's already Rule 34 of that... >>

It's the internet.

You best better believe there's going to be craploads of that coming in like hotcakes over the next several days.

Someone I was talking to on Twitter gave it the name 'Mewtre' until official confirmation. I like 'Mewtre'.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

It looks like the inbetween version of Mew and Mewtwo. It lacks the presence of Mewtwo but it looks much more tough than Mew. The fact it's so sleek reminds me of Mew, and so does its smaller size. 

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this new generation so far...

Like, what defines a good design for you? 

Appealing to look at? Like Yveltal? Or Fennekin? Or every Gen 6 pokemon we've seen till now?

I'm sorry, but moving Mewtwo's tail to his head and adding a handlebar and penis toes just doesn't say "appealing" to me.

Anyways, were those grass-type moves Mewthree was using in that footage?

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly wonder what most of you expect. Like, what defines a good design for you?

A touch of originality? Not having a hula-hoop lodged in one's cranium?

I like a wide variety of Pokémon designs. Heck, I even liked most all of Gen. V's lineup. I am annoyed that we are getting Mewtwo-With-A-Halo instead of a new Pokémon. I am slightly puzzled by the fact that "looking cool" excuses it from being a lazy rehash. Give Mewtwo a freaking jetpack and it would "look cool." Doesn't mean it's not lazy.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

That's like saying pokemon having evolutions is lazy. Why aren't they all completely and totally different? So lazy.

• Thumbs Up 6

That's like saying pokemon having evolutions is lazy. Why aren't they all completely and totally different? So lazy.

They're generally not lazy because the phrase "Hey, let's take Popular Character and add Blank to them" usually doesn't enter the equation.

Just a question of curiosity, but would you rather have stuffs like this new Mewtwo form or another one of those random new legendaries like Cresselia or something filling up this gen's pokedex spots? I mean of course I don't want every old legendary getting a new paint job ever just for the hell of it, but yeah XD.

I have no problem with older legendaries getting new forms. 

Either way they'll just sit in my PC like all the other legendaries.

• Thumbs Up 4