Awoo.

What Was Your Favorite Part About Sonic 06?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

You say that, but don't tell us what it is or link to something that does. What is his motivation?

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I had to beat people over the head with it too. His motivation is, as follows:

"I am the god of time and I was fucked with my mere mortals and ripped apart. I will see these foolish humans who abused me in ruin and reduce them to nothingness. And while I'm doing this I will also make the guy whose life was very similar to mine help me in the endeavor."

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Indigo Rush

• CrownSlayers Shadow

When Elise attempted suicide. XD

Too bad Sonic caught her. (Just kidding)

That part was pretty strange. "I would rather die than suffer the minor inconvenience of being kidnapped and held in relative comfort while I wait to be rescued!"

That part was pretty strange. "I would rather die than suffer the minor inconvenience of being kidnapped and held in relative comfort while I wait to be rescued!"

Well, he was holding her to awaken an agent of unbearable calamity.

Well, he was holding her to awaken an agent of unbearable calamity.

But to be fair, she didn't know this. At least nothing in detail.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

It was the first thing he SAID TO HER.

I guess. His wording was vague, as he only wanted the secrets of the Flames of Disaster, with which to conquer all of time(That part of his plan, she didn't yet know). I guess I can see it as her way of trying to prevent that, but it seems like kind of a stretch. Ah well.

-He's a cold and ruthless villain with no sense of compassion whatsoever.

-He's completely psychotic.

If that's true, he never really shows this off, beyond the generic and boring "rawr im evil i kill everything". Mephy doesn't really do much of anything.

-He's cunning and manipulative (as he showed when he tricked Silver into fighting with Sonic.)
The entirety of the trick was, "hey, if you kill this guy you'll save the world." That's neither cunning nor manipulative; Silver's just more gullible than Knuckles on a bad day.

-The various abilties he has in battle (he even managed to kill Sonic with one of them, something not even Robotnik has done).
...he distracts him with a shiny light then shoots him in the back. It is one of the least impressive actions in the entire series.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I had to beat people over the head with it too. His motivation is, as follows:

"I am the god of time and I was fucked with my mere mortals and ripped apart. I will see these foolish humans who abused me in ruin and reduce them to nothingness. And while I'm doing this I will also make the guy whose life was very similar to mine help me in the endeavor."

Hm...it's certainly plausible, but it feels more like fans filling in the blanks than what's actually in the game.

Though I prefer his cartoony look, it was interesting to see what Eggman looked like as a (somewhat) realistic human. He was very suave and stylish in the game, though he did a lot less than I hoped he would...

I LOVED the doc’s realistic look. I was really disappointed to see it go. He was so much more….. “Human” with it. An element that is paramount to his character in my opinion.

As for all the people wondering about Mephilies popularity, I must agree with Razorsaw and refer you to his earlier post. I will add a single addition though…..

As for the recolorness; it works since parallelism is part of the root of his character. And the icyness of his colorscheme and his transformation, combined with his lack of a mouth and his zombie-like movements at times take the familiar and make it disturbing. It's the uncomfortableness of the doppleganger, basically.

I think that Mephilies was also a shot at a fanbase already rabid over recolor’s. Sonic Team proved that they are capable of making unique Hedgehogs with Crystal Mephy (and later Silver) so I always thought that “Shadow Clone” (lol) Mephiles was an inside joke from Sega.

That and the fact that Mephy has some of the best lines in a series known for bad writing.

If that's true, he never really shows this off, beyond the generic and boring "rawr im evil i kill everything". Mephy doesn't really do much of anything.

The fact that he's even trying to destroy the world in the FIRST place makes him a sadistic and psychotic individual. He's also demonstrated his insanity by breaking out into a maniacal laughter after Omega shot him several times (during the cutscene that took place after Wave Ocean).

The entirety of the trick was, "hey, if you kill this guy you'll save the world." That's neither cunning nor manipulative; Silver's just more gullible than Knuckles on a bad day.

How is that any different from the entirety of Robotnik's trick in Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

...he distracts him with a shiny light then shoots him in the back. It is one of the least impressive actions in the entire series.

Even so, he STILL managed to successfully pull something off that Robotnik's attempted many times, and he did it with EASE.

Edited by Scorch

Yeah, and I'm asking what they are.

Then ask them (which you've already done). What's so hard about that? :mellow:

We've got as much right to express our dislike of a character as anyone has to express their like of one.

*facepalm*

Okay, Dio, not trying to instigate anything here, but you're talking to someone who's been through and known that for 4-5 years now.

I wasn't saying ANYTHING that you had no reason for expressing said dislike of a character. I wasn't even trying to give that impression, geez.

And I think asking why people feel the way they do is a perfectly valid question.

Okay then...

So I don't know what the hell you think you're defending here.

Well actually, I'm wasn't defending anything. I'm just saying folks have their reasons, and whether you understand or not, its there reasons.

So I don't know what the hell you're getting up in arms at me. El Gran Gordo said that the popularity of Mephilies is something he'll never understand, and I just said "Just come off it, they have their reasons," as in: hey, don't bother. It's just what they see in it.

Now you and most folks knew me well enough on the old Board that if I was defending something, it'd be more than just one long sentence and full of sarcasm or blunt criticism. My last comment wasn't any of that.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I didn't liked Mephiles as the character. But I liked his voice. He has one of the viliest and most epic voices in sonic's history.

also, I'm the only one here that enjoyeed Silver's gameplay? His gameplay was new, freash and pretty fun. IF SEGA could fix a few probles I wouldn't mind seeing that gameplay again...

I'm the only one here that enjoyeed Silver's gameplay? His gameplay was new, freash and pretty fun. IF SEGA could fix a few probles I wouldn't mind seeing that gameplay again...

I enjoyed his gameplay, too (as I said on the first page). His, along with Sonic's, Shadow's and Blaze's. Most of the other characters (especially Knuckles) had severely flawed gameplay. The main problem I have with them is the fact that they moved too slow, as opposed to some of the previous games where they were able to run just as fast as Sonic.

I really liked Seeing Omega blasting Mephiles to the ground with his machine gun hands... that was neat. This game did develope Omega just a tiny bit.

I also liked that you could sort of see Eggman's eyes in some cutscenes. I was beginning to wonder if he had normal human eyes.

Also, I noticed Tails actually had fangs in one cutscene. I got to give the game one thing, it had awesome graphics with the tiniest of details.

Sonic's opening cutscene, that Shadow bikechase in Radical Train, and Silver's Crisis City. Everything else was awful, except for the music.

Also, I noticed Tails actually had fangs in one cutscene.

Silver had fangs on one cutscene, too. It was during his ending, when he was trying to seal Iblis inside of himself.

Shadow’s CG model was fanged as well.

Perhaps this was the source of all those Nack rumors *shot*.

I'm glad we could have a topic like this. It's great that we can look at something so nortiously bad and still see some good things rather than dismissing it as crap through and through.

Y'know I really don't understand why people like Mephy. His design switches between a Shadow recolor (and Shadow isn't exactly a unique design anyway) and a Shadow recolor with severe frostbite, his plan is needlessly meandering, his motives are both vague and generic, and honestly the only thing he did that was even remotely interesting to me was the vaguely exorcist-esque head spinning at the end of Shadow's story.

He just seems like the most pointless, one-dimensional villain the series has ever had. Doom at least had the sense to be cheesy to the point of being a joke; Mephy's just boring as shit.

You're forgetting Iblis and Dark Gaia. Also, one-dimensional is the last way I would describe him. Technically, he's four-dimensional since he can travel through time. Puns aside, I'll admit that the way he killed Sonic was anticlimactic, but that's really the only problem I had with him. He certainly had the potential to be a stereotypical, evil-to-the-core, all powerful villain, but his relationship with Shadow brought out the best in both of them.

As a character, he was enigmatic. Whether that's a good thing can be argued by preference. But as a foil, he was genius. I've explained this before, but now that the server wipe happened, I can't recover it. But what I think makes him such a fantastic villain is that he's not only such a, but his resemblance of Shadow only serves to show that he IS Shadow. Not literally but metaphorically.

If you played all the way through this game, Heroes, and Shadow, you'll see something in common with Shadow's acts: Shadow relies on his past to decide whatever he does; even at the end of Shadow when he claims to put his past behind him, that's only because Gerald influenced him to do so. But watch this scene. "Yes, and no." Mephiles implied he wasn't the only one to ruin the world, but Shadow as well. Shadow's at a crossroad: he could choose to regress to being contemptuous toward humanity, or he could realize his fate is in his hands now, not in the past. So what does he do? He turns down Mephiles' offer. See Mephiles, at heart, is Shadow if he had taken the other path. He is not only a villain, but a divergence from and a catalyst towards Shadow's own character. That sort of literary genius is why he's my favorite villain in the game canon.

There were some other things I liked out of the game:

-Shadow's storyline. See above.

-Some of Silver's story. His plot was a bit linear, but he actually developed quite well, a lot of which is thanks to Blaze.

-Eggman. Not his design, just his dialogue. I don't know if the design was part of it, but his rhetoric was somehow more intimidating.

But, yeah, it was pretty much crap beyond that.

My favorite part was the fact that Shadow had moved on from the whole Maria thing and was a total badass again.

Also, one-dimensional is the last way I would describe him. Technically, he's four-dimensional since he can travel through time.

Awesome. :lol:

Your right though, Mephilies really adds alot to how we understand the characters around him. We can understand Shadow, Silver, Sonic, Rouge and Omega on a whole new plane due to his influence.

I watched the LP, it revealed nothing of the sort, I looked it up, it kind of contradicts that, actually. He's not a god, he was created when Project Solaris went foul. There's also nothing to suggest that he existed before the accident.

I watched the LP, it revealed nothing of the sort, I looked it up, it kind of contradicts that, actually. He's not a god, he was created when Project Solaris went foul. There's also nothing to suggest that he existed before the accident.

The end of the game implied he existed since the universe began in the form of the eternal flame. That's what was used to harness Solaris' power in the lab.

And Elise was able to blow it out? She must be from Krypton.

This was after Solaris received a beatdown from 3 super powered Hedgehogs. Twice.

And Elise was able to blow it out? She must be from Krypton.

Well, if she could host such energy in her body for a decade, I don't see why she doesn't have enough power to blow it out.