Awoo.

What Was Your Favorite Part About Sonic 06?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

What I liked about Sonic Nextgen:

---------------------------------------------------------

1) The graphics. Yes, the graphics. While many people will put them down for not being "lol detail" like Unleashed (and don't get me wrong, that's a good thing) the graphics of NextGen were still rather impressive! Very colorful.

2) Character models. Don't get me wrong, the humans were nasty (minus Eggman), but the models were brilliantly done. And sure, many people will say that they look very disproportioned. Actually, the models were fine; it's just that realistic humans don't blend well with cartoony anthropomorphs. Also, all the characters' animations were EXTREMELY well done. Honestly, I would take Sonic's animations in NextGen over his Unleashed ones any day! (Even though the Unleashed model was way better with facial expressions). Also, the robots in this game just ended up being some of my favorite robot designs for any Sonic game ever.

3)Crystal-clear 60 fps + Sonic game = SHEER BEAUTY AND PURE BLISS

4) The music was absolutely great. 'Nuff said.

5) Dr. Eggman. To me, this was the best adaptation of Dr. Eggman ever made in any of the 3D games. The intelligence, the cleverness, the feeling that this Eggman actually means business. And the design... Don't get me started, because I can't explain just how EPIC he looks in this game. Bravo, Sega, bravo.

6) Level design. If it wasn't for the crap gameplay, the levels would've been awesome, and possibly some of the best in the entire series. Especially such levels like White Acropolis, Crisis City & Kingdom Valley.

I swear that this game had so much potential, but so much went down the drain. It's unbelievable.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Indigo Rush

• CrownSlayers Shadow

People like Mephiles because he's a cold-hearted douche who's pure evil. Up until that point, we've been getting villains who either turned good by game's end (Shadow), weren't really villains at all (Rouge) or just didn't have that badass factor to make them viable (Black Doom, Robotnik [nowadays]).

Mephiles is different. He's evil. Nothing more, nothing less. One-dimensional, no doubt, but it worked. He wanted everything (literally) GONE and had the balls to kill Sonic to do it. That's WTF evil right there and that's why the little prick is so damn popular.

There's only one Sonic character who has those cold qualities and he hasn't been used in years (Nack).

Simply put, people want pure evil to go up against pure good. Heck, some people root for the villains to kill more than the heroes to save. I know a few that consider it a turn on, sadly.

There are people who like pure evil characters, quality notwithstanding, and for them, Mephiles fits the bill.

The first thing I absolutely adored was the soundtrack. Many of them were pure gems. Yes, Sonic games tend to have quality soundtrack, but this one blew me away. I really wasn't ready for this at all. Although Ohtani-san directed the music in Sonic Unleashed, he didn't come close to what he produced in 2006. Still good stuff though.

The second thing - now I'm pretty sure I'm going to get killed for this here - is Silver.

Yes, I never actually expressed that in any way except among Japanese friends, but I actually liked him from his design to character development. I'm really wondering why occidental fans tend to hate him, in contrast to oriental ones. Maybe it's the communities I visit. XP;

And finally, the potential final outcome. Project didn't meet deadline. We all know what happened instead.

Omega's gameplay. They turned him from cool and destruction loving robot to epic win. Nobody really liked Omega until his character developed in this game, minus the change of voice. Not to mention the music. SWEET!

The gameplay. The level design is almost perfect. Playing with sonic shadow and silver was very fun. The adventure fields with bonus missions were good as well.

My favourite things about this game?

The fact that the levels were split into multiple sections (rather than switching between 2D and 3D on the fly, which I feel limits level-design severely), the fact that it wasn't HURR SPEEEEED all the time, the graphical style and level-design, the music and the fact that it is essentially all that I really want out of a 3D Sonic game.

Or would have been had they been given time to actually finish it.

It pains me to think that this game might have been the downfall of this type of Sonic game (although, Unleashed actually started development before this rather than because of this, if I remember correctly).

Also, character designs don't usually bother me, but I feel that Unleashed's 'Pixar' style didn't really click with me. I generally preferred the styles of previous games, Sonic '06 inclusive.

Edited by Arcane

I watched the LP, it revealed nothing of the sort, I looked it up, it kind of contradicts that, actually. He's not a god, he was created when Project Solaris went foul. There's also nothing to suggest that he existed before the accident.

... Except Mephiles WAS Solaris. Iblis and Mephiles were two halves of the same whole. The Solaris Project was an experiment on Solaris itself. He compares his own existence to Shadow's. He is constantly pointing out how humans suck.

This isn't rocket science.

I feel that Unleashed's 'Pixar' style didn't really click with me. I generally preferred the styles of previous games, Sonic '06 inclusive.

Yes, that's what i HATE about Sonic unleashed.. I mean, the music is mostly BAD and the pixar style sucks HARD.

Also i really prefer an "old" 3D Sonic adventure/sa2/Shth/S06 style of level design and gameplay. I mean, i don't really like just to run forward (like in rush-series), better if the next sonic game would combine these two styles of gameplay like S06 did.

Edited by ArtFenix

My favourite part of 06? Everything! I loved every bit of it. Well 80% of it anyway.

The only thing I didn't like was Tails, Omega, Knux, and Amy's gameplay. They were just too slow.

Other than that I loved the rest of it. Gameplay and everything.

I have never actualy played that game but I really want. Silver's my favorite character and the storyline involving him is awesome. I mean everybody says this game is but but after seeing what ign gave to black knight....It may be really good

same goes for heroes and shadow, everubody sais they are crap but I enjoyed them, specially heroes

so if I had the oportunity, I would love to play sonic 360

Well I have two, both include that awesome sountrack:

First the end cutscene of Sonic's story, with His World playin in the bakcground and all those explosions goin off....epically awesome!!

And then the final battle with Solaris... wit hHis World playin in the background and all his lasers trying to shoot you down... yes I hav a thing for His World ;) lol

@artFenix: to tell the trith I actually really liked unleashed, the werehog parts were a bit meh, but the graphics and level design were sweet! The pixar style, to me, meaning that I would prefer not to hav my head bitten off by this as I can see you are quite passionate on this, fitted in better than the plain 'normal' looking humans in 06.

I haven't actually played SONIC '06, but there's still a few things I like about it.

His World/ Solaris Phase 2 was one of the best Sonic songs I've heard in years! When I originally heard it I'd keep listening to it 20 times over and for weeks on end. It was actually catchy and sounded Sonicky, JUST how the music in Sonic games should be!

The cutscenes were AWESOME, the best I've ever seen in a game! I adored Sonic and Elise's relationship, they'd make a good couple, I was one of the very few people who actually wasn't against their friendship/relationship, I really enjoyed watching them. The ending was great aswell, it was so sad, I cried ;_;

I loved the Sonic dying scene, I'm one of these people who enjoys seeing bad things happen to Sonic (I'm such a strange Sonic fan XD), so when I heard Sonic was going to die in SONIC '06 this was great news for me! (I knew SEGA wouldn't make him stay dead, so I wasn't the slightest bit worried) I actually found the scene to be pretty funny, he looked so weird and ugly when he died. Elise could've looked a bit more upset though...

Unlike alot of people, I actually liked the storyline, it was the best idea SEGA came up with since Sonic Adventure 2!

Definately the music. Personally for me, I don't own the game but I have played it several times and out of everything I still love the soundtrack. One of the best Sonic soundtracks ever in my opinion really. I often find myself listening to Flame Core ~The Cavern~ (my personal favourite). Though Solaris Phase 2 is awesome too, but I haven't listened to it in a while. Same for White Acroplois (another fave, there's something oddly retro sounding about it) 8D

@artFenix: to tell the trith I actually really liked unleashed, the werehog parts were a bit meh, but the graphics and level design were sweet! The pixar style, to me, meaning that I would prefer not to hav my head bitten off by this as I can see you are quite passionate on this, fitted in better than the plain 'normal' looking humans in 06.

Well, i would prefer ANY kind of humans' look, except pixar's UGLY unproportional style.

Oh, yeah, i've almost forgot! CG cutscenes in SNG seem to be waaay better detailed than unleashed's..SNG cutscenes look like some ones from a Final Fantasy game)) I mean, everything is SO WELL datailed...

P.S.

Unlike alot of people, I actually liked the storyline, it was the best idea SEGA came up with since Sonic Adventure 2!

I second that.

Edited by ArtFenix

I second that.

I liked the story of 06 too! I also like Silver's gameplay IMO, I guess I just try to like a Sonic game no matter how bad it is and then I can enjoy it, I didn't like it at first because of loading times, but I LOVED it after giving it some time.

I also agree that Sonic and Elise would have made a good couple, they were perfect for each other! If Elise wasn't a human then we could have possibly seen it(If time were not erased) then people wouldn't have complained. There is so much I like about Sonic 06! It is actually more fun now that I installed it into my 360. The loading times are MUCH more bearable now!

Getting rid of the game when i finally beat it and trading it in for something good.

That and Shadow kicking Silver in the head which in the end gave us this :lol:

Solaris phase 2, even if he's ridiculous in this form and the accoustic version of His World at the end of each stage.

I had to admit that the Mach Speed thing was interesting but often unplayable.

holy crap! YES!

The head bobbing thing is the best! I love how in SA1, when sonic runs, he bops as well. It creates this really cool feeling. cant describe it. I also felt sonic unleashed could have doen with some head bopping.

It made it feel like every step counts

Oh yeah, I forgot about the mach speed zones. I actually adored them going at fast speeds! I even kill myself when I get near the end to restart the mach speed zone because tehy are fun! I wouldn't say they are "unplayable".

I pretty much loved everything but the gameplay.

Music rocked,

Plot was awesome,

New Eggman design-please bring it back for a few more games,

Radical Train levels-good lord how I love my trains,

and Mephiles. Why do I love Mephiles you ask, for one reason. He killed Sonic.

If we could combine all of that with Sonic Unleashed gameplay, plus all the bonuses that were found in the Demo, (Amigos playable whenever, extra ending I believe, Supers playable in levels, I think there was even a Metal Sonic skin or something similar), we would have the best 3D Sonic game yet. (In my opinion, emphasis on opinion).

Edited by Nack-San

Well. it was my first 360 game. I learned to use the xbox's music player

about the time i was halfway through the game.

AC/DC REALLY makes the game a LOT more bearable.

every time i watch the scene where eggman sucks sonic,tails, and knuckles

into the time portal deal, I cut on hells bells. really fits the scene

the graphics were top notch on that game too. eggman looked very

realistic.

I've never played it, but I watched the cut scenes on YouTube.

I loved when Amy first met Silver. He was so confused, it was adorable. :P

I also loved when Shadow and Rouge were in the ruins and Mephiles came out of the scepter. The way Eggman freaked out and ran off, I loved it.

Though my favorite would've been the little violin thing at the end, when Sonic was watching the little feather float away. If I could ever play the violin, that would be my warm-up every time I start to practice.

Note: Eggman scared me. He looked so real.

I noticed a lot of people praise Sonic '06 for it's graphics. I ask you, how many next generation games have you played? They look awful. Hell, some last gen games looked better than it, specifically Conker: Live & Reloaded, it had more detailed environments, which were more colorful as well.

Sonic '06 had some moments that looked kinda good, but for the most part it looked generic and bland.