Awoo.

What Was Your Favorite Part About Sonic 06?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

I suppose when I got to the Crisis City level as Sonic was my favorite part next to the ice level. Silver was also pretty fun, Shadow's combat was good and is something that should've been in Shadow the Hedgehog (the fact that we see him doing that shit in the CG intro makes it obvious that yes we want him to do that).

Oh well my other favorite part was when I managed to sell it for $20 then bought it again and sold it for $1 to help pay for my PS2.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Indigo Rush

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

Personally, I think there isn't much to like about Sonic 06, I hate the story, art direction, etc. But there are a few things in there I liked.

Dusty Desert: Short, Sweet, and straight to the point.

Egg Cerberus: Good music, kinda fun.

And

I'm sure I am in the minority when I say this, but for the most part, I enjoyed much of Sonic 06. The loose controls, glitches, and long loading times proved to be relatively minor issues for me in the end. I actually happened to prefer playing as Sonic more than the others despite the difficult, badly done Super Speed Stages. Shadow's vehicles were tough to control, and Silver was hit or miss with me, literally. The game boasts a decent soundtrack, some great songs, OK graphics, and a story that I rather enjoyed, personally.

It's strange, but I must say, I actually liked having a large number of enemies to tackle. This game was big on action. While some might find the action repetitive, and I'm sure many will agree it slows down the flow, I took a different approach. I actually enjoyed duking it out with the robots and fiery creatures, and I would always stop to fight them. I actually had fun with that, so long as the game cooperated.

There's so much more I could go on about with this game, good and bad, but I'll save that for another time, perhaps. I honestly can't blame anyone for disliking this game, looking back on all of its problems. Many of the issues really didn't bother me personally, as long as I had fun. I enjoyed the game enough to get 1000/1000 achievements, so that counts for something, I suppose.

All of Silver's gameplay definately. :D

I also loved Sonic's speed runs; I especially loved the Kingdom Valley speed run to death. It feels so magical~

When Sonic saves Elise from le' explosion.

I squee so hard...

the levels terrify me... but it was a pretty fun game.

Though I prefer his cartoony look, it was interesting to see what Eggman looked like as a (somewhat) realistic human. He was very suave and stylish in the game, though he did a lot less than I hoped he would...

Dude, realistic Eggman was creepy as hell. It almost gave me nightmares.

The only thing I liked about Sonic '06 was the music. IMO Sonic '06 is the worst platformer on 360 and PS3. When I got to White Acropolis and Crisis City, it started glitching on me too much that I quit playing the game and wanted to throw it out the window.

I thought the nonCG animation was pretty bad in 06, but it wasn't as bad as Sonic Adventure's. Sonic's eyes spazed out every time he talked, Perfect Chaos' mouth looked like it'd just eaten a lemon, character's mouths just opened too wide sometimes, and some of the standing animations were completely exaggerated. Why was Eggman lightly humping the air? Why was Sonic always looking like he was ready to pull a Kung Fu move? And Big was completely out of sync with froggy when he was holding him after beating Chaos 6, just to name a few problems. I mean, I know the Dreamcast was an earlier machine, but it had more than decent graphical capabilities for its time. I mean, just look at its CG cutscenes!

Uuurgh...tell me about it. X.x SA's cutscenes were so bad it was hilarious. Especially when Sonic talked. *nightmares of Sonic's hideous mouth the size of Russia* DX

The reason though why I pointed out how bad some of the lip synching was in Sonic 06 is because since SA2 they suddenly improved it. Characters lips were completely synched with what they said. Then here comes Sonic 06 and it all goes downhill. >.< Well, in 06 they only went out of synch in the real-time cutscenes, not the FMV ones.

Edited by Gabz Girl

*puts in Sonic Adventure*

:D!!

"Aww yeah, this is happening!"

D:!!

Oh, and the yell Sonic makes when he sees the avalanche will probably forever be my most quoted Sonic... "line?".

The best part of the game was the satisfying part in which I turned it off and sold it

But if I had to say something it would be the music

You mean Wave Ocean. I can see where you're coming from, though, since the two stages DO look very much alike. In fact, I, along with many other people, thought the same thing before the game was released.

Ohlol, that was just a normal mistake on my part to be honest.

But you're right, right down to the Whale smashing the boardwalk they are similar.

The only thing I liked about Sonic '06 was the music. IMO Sonic '06 is the worst platformer on 360 and PS3. When I got to White Acropolis and Crisis City, it started glitching on me too much that I quit playing the game and wanted to throw it out the window.

I can tolerate a lot of the gameplay glitches that occur in Sonic games, but that snowboard almost made me want to strangle someone at times.

If you go into 06 to play with low expectationsif you didn't like it, then you will have fun. I love 06 through and through even if it's glitches needed major fixes. But it is not enough to put me in a grave.

I can tolerate a lot of the gameplay glitches that occur in Sonic games, but that snowboard almost made me want to strangle someone at times.

That is the only gameplay element that I would call “unplayable”. That part was truly atrocious.

Favorite? Train Level, playing as Sonic.

That, and the enemies were actually sort of tough. They shot at you, they threw punches, they spit fire...In Unleashed, they pretty much stand there and wait to be run over.

Favorite? Train Level, playing as Sonic.

That, and the enemies were actually sort of tough. They shot at you, they threw punches, they spit fire...In Unleashed, they pretty much stand there and wait to be run over.

Though somewhat true on the Unleashed bots, 06's style wasn't very unique. In fact.... It was kind of boring when you think about it. The only thing that came to my deepest interest was Mephiles.

But your comparing of the CG scenes in 06 and Unleashed.... Ha, ha. Unleashed is better. DEAL WITH IT. Cartoony>Realism anyday. And to be honest, only the characters looked cartoony. Everything else such as the environments were detailed so realistically yet so Sonically.

Besides.... Why can't we forget about Next Gen anyway? It never happened.

Why can't we forget about Next Gen anyway? It never happened.

Well, it connected Blaze to the true canon.

I find it so astoundingly stupid though- that a story can erase itself at the end and STILL manage to create a massive plothole.

Well, it connected Blaze to the true canon.

I find it so astoundingly stupid though- that a story can erase itself at the end and STILL manage to create a massive plothole.

True canon? What are you talking about? Elaborate.

In "Let's Play Sonic 2006," the only redeeming byproduct of this game, I really could not stop laughing after the player hummed circus music while riding on one of the balloons in Aquatic Base, which pops unceremoniously and subsequently induces a "MOTHERFUCKER!!" from the player. This happens twice.

The comment "Uh-oh! I'm a 'tard-ass!" really got to me as well. I think that was during one of the (many, many) attempts at Radical Train's high-speed strips.

Edited by Jake

You know, the canon that actually exists?

Oh.... And as if Rush wasn't part of the true canon?

I swear.... With all the canon switches......

This whole canon thing is getting silly. And in other somewhat related news.....

Speaking of the non-canon.... Bioware... Please give us Freedom Fighters in the Sonic Chronicles sequel.

Edited by GREG THE CAT