Awoo.

Guinness World Records 2013: Gamer's Edition

Badnik Mechanic

Didn't want to put this in the toot forum since it's not really Sonic stuff.

So I went into my local game today and they had a lot of copies of the Guinness world record book, the gamers edition. Now aside from the eye rolling '100 best endings' thing they did or the kid who has the pale ghost like expression on his face who happens to be rank 1 on Call of Duty. I am a tad curious as to what is actually in there...

Mainly... yup you guessed it... Sonic records.

Well... Sonic has been in every edition of this book, so I'm quit curious to find out if theres any 'records' in this one. Also quite curious to see if Sonic Boom and if Summer of Sonic made it in.

Well why don't you check in the Game copy?

Unfortunately... Game in their epic wisdom decided to place pre-order stickers on the books which stop you from opening it... yup, they won't let you look inside them unless you buy the book (this would also be illegal as you have to let the customer look inside the book before they buy it), and I'm really not going to spend £10 on a book that I know virtually nothing about.

So does anyone own a copy or know of a local game stop that hasn't put the pre-order stickers on? I checked in my local Waterstones but couldn't find a copy of it there. If so, what kind of stuff is in it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Yoko/葉子

On pg. 119, I beat Sonic 1 (no emeralds) in 28 minutes and 22 seconds and my friend John Pompa got 15,735,000 points in Spinball on pg. 118. On pg. 204, though the run was cut short, my Knuckles Chaotix points was 423,900 My 100% time as Sonic in S&K of 52 minutes and 58 seconds. Eric Schafer got 3,261,620 points in Sonic 2 (I know his secrets to get that high in 5 lives). If you guys want me to look for any others, no prob.

Speaking of runs, I do have several rivals in the earlier games on the Genesis /Megadrive + CD + 32X. If anyone tries to do a Twin Galaxies run, PLEASE note that to test your skill, you are only permitted 5 deaths in points runs (every game I look at does this) and in most cases getting a Game Over forces you to restart speedruns.