Alexander

Godzilla!

Huh. That snout's a little on the stubby side, but it looks pretty good. I'm not too picky when it comes to this stuff, as long as Godzilla's basically Godzilla-shaped and not a giant velociraptor like Zilla. And even that design I kind of like as its own separate monster.

...and on the subject of separate monsters, we know for sure now that there'll be a few others in the reboot. I imagine they'll be new creations rather than classic monsters, since they're aiming for a super grimdark tone that probably won't mesh well with giant butterflies or space dragons. I guess they might try Hedorah, since this project (sort of) began as a 3D short film about Hedorah and at least one producer from that effort is still on board. That might fit with the "malevolent creatures bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance" description.

If they do go with new monsters, I hope they at least give them silly Japanesey names so they fit in with the other members of Toho's monster ~canon~. It'd be forever awkward to see a name like "the Griffin" alongside Megalon and Dogora and Biollante, y'know?

I may not have watched a whole bunch of these movies but I did watch some. including the '98 Emmerich film and Final Wars. seeing Zilla epic fail in his shortly-lived fight against japanese Godzilla? priceless and you can pretty much tell that it was totally done as a fanservice thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcExdpsEcQ

Gojira says: "Bitch, please!"

Edited by Death the Kid

ooh, this new film is actually looking pretty exciting from what we're getting so far.

Godzilla actually looks like Godzilla, we're off to a good start at least.

Welp, SDCC's over and it looks like we're still gonna be waiting a while for a trailer. They did show one at the panel, apparently featuring a bunch of shots of the actors looking distressed, but also a brief bit with an attack by a bug monster that Godzilla crushes so we can be impressed by his hugeness. We almost certainly won't get a glimpse of it ourselves until November or god knows when.

But! Somebody did manage to film the video portion of the Godzilla Encounter, so we've finally got a (partial, rain-obscured) look at the new Godzilla design in motion. It looks pretty good to me.

The video might get pulled at some point, but I'm pretty sure there it's been uploaded enough times by now that nobody's gonna bother. Regardless, somebody'll have it somewhere.

That's kind of interesting. It's no surprise at this point that it looks basically like Godzilla ought to, but it's definitely a lot more... character-like than I was expecting, I guess.

I mean, everyone involved in the film has been saying ad nauseam in interviews that this Godzilla's a ~force of nature~ and that there's a ~strong human element~, which I was worried might mean that Godzilla would be more of a soulless background event in his own movie. That's definitely a face you can do things with, though, so I've got some more faith now that they really might. It's heartening.

(not gonna lie, though, he looks just enough like the dad from Dinosaurs that it'll bother me slightly forever)

Edited by Octarine

Im a HUGE Godzilla fan, collection from over 100 figures and statues to all the VHS, DVDs and the little blurays collection they have out now. I get my hands on anything the Big G throws at me. Looking at this? (I saw when the picture was first released) I am as excited as a giddy little school girl.

MUCH MUCH better then what we got more then a decade ago....

Zilla.jpg

I absolutely love Godzilla. I just can't say no to giant monster fights.

But I'm really making this post cause I'm bored and this topic has been bumped so why not.

Anyways there is one thing I like about the shitty 1990s Godzilla film. Looking back at it, it tried to recreate the original film in a modern setting. And while it failed at that, I will give it credit for putting Godzilla back in the villain seat for once. I mean Godzilla was originally a giant metaphor for nuclear catastrophe but overtime that lost meaning when Godzilla saves the world the thousandth time. Godzilla's destructive nature goes have its negative effects in some of the movies (Vs MechaGodzilla, Godzilla 2000 for example) but Godzilla is a lot more often the hero than the horror that scared the audience.

Now I'm not saying the Vs X Monster movies aren't bad per say. I love em no matter what. It just feels like everyone forgot that Godzilla is a destructive force of nature. But that didn't save 1998 Godzilla either way. Godzilla 2000 and everything after really brought that side of Godzilla back in an interesting fashion.

So, here's a high-quality leak of the Godzilla Comic-Con Teaser. Get it while it's still undetected by the copyright holders:

That was quick detection. Here's a mirror.

@3@;; I still have it open in my browser. *watches final shot over and over*

I cried, I pooped, I just... I couldn't believe it.

I'm not exaggerating. I honestly got teary eyed. My mouth was literally hanging open while watching the trailer. It was so surreal to finally see it, after only hearing about it for so long.

So far so good.  This teaser, along with what other little info there is, seems to indicate that we have a winner on our hands.

It's been a long decade.  Welcome back, Goji.

Oh, also, tiny little thing, but I really hope they show the old Toho logo before the movie.  That'd make it complete.

Edited by Wonder Greg

Wow... They could have put two dudes in suits, have them bitch slap each other while people scream in the background, slap the Godzilla name on it and then stuff their ears full of money to drown out all the complaints... But they didn't and holy crap -- thank the lord for that!

For attention to detail, that teaser looks incredible! At first, I was worried and didn't bother to hype this movie that much, but now it's definitely has my attention! Can't wait to see these beautifully-rendered kaijus beat the shit out of each other!

Edited by The Pink YoshiUnity

First(officialy relesed) Trailer coming Tomorrow!

Say if this one does well, I would love to see a sequel with Angrius, King Ghidora and Mecha-Godzilla!!!

maybe a trequel with Biolatte for good measure XD

oh and link for the confirmation of trailer

http://screenrant.com/godzilla-2014-viral-images-clips-trailer/

Best-case/most fangasm-inducing scenario would be a stinger scene after the credits showing the military working on Mecha Godzilla.

I would die.

I second this, and a peek at king Ghidora hiding out in a volcano

Actualy, I wouldnt entirely rule this out, we are talking about the same guys who did Pacific rim(giant robots, and a amusing post credit scene), So yeah, not out fo the realm of possibility