Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

But if he didn't keep them, the fight wouldn't have been fair as Goku wouldn't have defeated Superman, but the kryptonite would have. It'd be different if say, Superman was fighting Batman and Batman had kryptonite on him to use, but Goku didn't. It just sort of fell out of the LexCorp building during the fight. I really guess it depends on the type of morals the characters have in the end.

Yeah I'm not that big a fan of this series.

I've seen the odd one or two but what I really hate is the 'pre fight' character analysis. It just gets so boring after a while yet the majority of the video is that. I just watched the Batman Vs Spiderman one and by the time Spidermans started I was just bored. Though the look at all the stuff batman has done and all his gadgets made me realise just how ridiculous a character he's become and how the joke of 'whats he got in his utility belt' is quite on the money.

Though the fights themselves are really good and quite entertaining for the most part, I'll give them that.

Oh and NGw00d... BRAINS!

*leaps onto NGw00D and eats his brains.*

INFECTED!

That really seems like a cop out to me. Not only because Supes would never have to destroy the planet to beat Goku but, they stated both of their morals as weaknesses and then they only applied to Goku. Note how they never brought that up with the likes of Bats and Spidey.

Edited by King Of Awesome

That really seems like a cop out to me. Not only because Supes would never have to destroy the planet to beat Goku but, they stated both of their morals as weaknesses and then they only applied to Goku. Note how they never brought that up with the likes of Bats and Spidey.

I didn't really see it as Supes destroying the planet on purpose so much as the collision between the Dragon Fist and Whatever™ causing a supernova that killed everything in its vicinity. They said Superman could survive that while Goku can't, and he won as a result.

The whole thing also illustrated to me pretty clearly why Superman is such a boring character for me; he's fucking broken. Those powers are beyond ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole thing also illustrated to me pretty clearly why Superman is such a boring character for me; he's fucking broken. Those powers are beyond ridiculous.

Which is why the more interesting Superman stories don't focus on "Can He Defeat This Big Monster?" but rather "Can He Fulfill His Purpose Without Jeopardising His Ideals?" or "Can He Save These People Who Unlike Him Can Die Very Easily?"

Yeah, they switched the direction of Superman come that reboot in...I believe it was the 80's, right? Before that, he basically just beat up everything and it was incredibly boring, so they added the actual challenge of him possibly failing to save everyone, or make his goal harder by making the easy way go against his ideals. That's probably why I saw the ending as stupid.

Edited by King Of Awesome

So I watched the Mai Shiranui vs Chun Li one today.

Glad they said Mai would win or I'd have to judge the entire series on one episode.

I'm kind of finding it ironic how people are bashing Superman, when Goku is essentially the eastern equivalent of him.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, they switched the direction of Superman come that reboot in...I believe it was the 80's, right? Before that, he basically just beat up everything and it was incredibly boring, so they added the actual challenge of him possibly failing to save everyone, or make his goal harder by making the easy way go against his ideals. That's probably why I saw the ending as stupid.

Mind youit's not like Superman hasn't fought enemies who can actually fight him to a draw, if not actually beat him - such as the likes of Darksied, Doomsday (who is notable for fighting Superman to a standstill and both of them killing each other in a mutual confrontation), etc. The only reason Goku lost is because the Earth got blown up and Goku can't breathe in spa-

... Hold the fucking phone, the whole oxygen thing is a bullshit reason, actually. There are plenty of breathable planets in the universe, or even the fucking afterlife, where Goku and Vegeta took down Kid Buu, and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of oxygen there. Goku could instantly get himself and his opponent to any of those places (or anywhere in the universe, for that matter) via Instant Transmission. The moment you introduce Instant Transmission into the equation, the whole 'Goku can't breathe in space' thing becomes completely moot. And Goku doesn't even need to put his fingers to his forehead to do it either, as demonstrated when he used it to completely blindside Perfect Cell with a Kamehameha from behind.

After that, Goku Vs. Superman would basically just end up being a battle of attrition that would basically, more likely than anything, simply end with both of them killing the other, I think.

Honestly, though, there's always gonna be an element of bias in these things, and a true, proper battle would take both sides' full personalities and morals into account. But I'm not gonna speculate on that right now because I need sleep.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is there any other way for me to submit some particular requests for future episodes if I no longer have a YT channel? I've just searched their website and couldn't find a way to do this, so please help if you can. Thanks.

I've really got some great ideas that I would want to see them fulfill. biggrin.png

As for the currently made episodes, I really love the following:

Luke Skywalker VS Harry Potter

Thor VS Raiden

Doctor Eggman VS Docotr Wily

Mario VS Sonic

In fact, I love those ones so much that I even downloaded them and put them on a DVD for offline enjoyment.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Eh, I honestly think it's gonna be a glorified repeat of the Mario/Sonic fight, only more one-sided on Tails's part thanks to his ability to basically conjure up mechanical supernukes.

I enjoyed the Terminator vs Robocop fight. I immediatelly placed my bets on Terminator winning, but I must admit that in any situation where a plural entity faces a singular entity the singular always defeats the plural. Conservation of Ninjitsu and all that. The moment the Terminator franchise had the heroes face more than one Terminator at any given time, it was narratively depowered.

I need to take a break from TV Tropes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like they used the backstory from Sonic Satam and the Archie Comics since the games didn't really go much into Tails' backstory. But what I'm confused is why didn't they mention the Cyclone mech Tails used in Adventure 2?

Well it looks like they used the backstory from Sonic Satam and the Archie Comics since the games didn't really go much into Tails' backstory. But what I'm confused is why didn't they mention the Cyclone mech Tails used in Adventure 2?

Probably they'll expand the stats of both Luigi and Tails in the definitive battle (usally the exposition of the challangers lasts more than two minutes each...)

They like to mix the canon. Shadow's backstory mixed elements from both the games and Archie, for example. I don't blame them - for the most part, Archie gives a backstory whereas SEGA gives pretty much nothing.

I suppose after it was established speed is a kingmaker in Sonic and Mario's fight that this outcome isn't too surprising.