Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

Spoiler

Raven sends Twilight Sparkle to the Stable in the Sky

Yeah kinda expected Raven ftw there. Raven is just more combat experienced while Twilight isn't who relies more on her friends to defeat baddies nearly all the time and again she borrowed the powers of all alicorns against Tirek and that still ended in a stalemate.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Kenshiro: Jotaro, you're already dead.

Though kinda rather crummy fight if you ask me.

But next battle sounds interesting as it is pitting two platformer gaming icons against each other, Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Crash gets (dragon) burned in the end.

Also, next time is KH's Sora vs Kid Icarus's Pit.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Sora turns Pit into a fallen angel.

Next time it's RE's Leon S Kennedy vs Dead Rising's Frank West.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Frank (zombie) bitten off more than he could chew against Leon and got infected with defeat. Kinda expecting a 3D than 2D, but still nice fight regardless.

Next time it's Marvel's Dr Strange vs DC's Fate.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Strange ultimately meets a deadly Fate.

Next time, it's Street Fighter's Ryu vs Tekken's Jin.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

The Street Fighter tekken-er taken the victory over the Devil Gene.

Next time a samurai sized clash: Afro Samurai vs Samurai jack. Somewhat hoping Jin and Mugen from Samurai Champloo to appear too.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Afro gets (samurai) jacked up.

Next up: Marvel's Carnage vs Elfen Lied's Lucy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

The Autobot runs over the Mech Suit Warrior to victory.

Next up: Nightwing (DC) vs Daredevil (Marvel) in Death Battles 1st Live Action fight.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

So apparently we're getting Mario vs Sonic 2 with New Rules? That's what I heard. Still for 100....really? We could have a massive battle like Thanos vs Darkseid....or Galactus vs Unicron...but instead we're getting a sorta remake? 

• 3 weeks later...

So on the Death Battle of Mario vs Sonic. And no this isn't about winner and loser, but more the animation and an ongoing theme of it.

Wow the animation kinda got weak passed the part with Cat Mario. It was interesting until the invincible forms came into play and made things dull. It either looked stiff, or unimpactful because of circumstance. It's honestly the gags in between that are funny...even if it totally chodes Sonic with doofus maneuvers. I'm not going on about winner and loser, but more just the visual entertainment.

-Hyper Sonic takes out the Mario copies with blurs and the same posture. Not visually interesting. It's quick just to jump to the next phase.

-Hyper Sonic tackling Star Mario across the water bopping his head while funny, means nothing since at this point neither can even hurt each other. So it's funny, but context wise it kinda leads to a bunch of nothing. -Mario holding Sonic off with one hand while funny, chodes Sonic...which is a big theme of this animation honestly, embarrassing him. Nothing wrong with it on it's own, but a pattern is noticed that Mario typically beats on or embarrasses Sonic. From slaps, dick kick, to holding his head back while Sonic flails like a child.

-Rising up in the atmosphere we have a plain back and forth ala DBZesque fight. But it lacks impact from both the sounds given to the blows, and because they're both invincible. So at this point they could be just standing still doing nothing, and accomplish the same thing as fighting. So I get less invested as nobody can hurt anyone. So the back and forth isn't too interesting, and the context ruins it.

-Sonic does his wussy punch barrage which Mario counters with utter ease, which continues the theme of Sonic looking like a chode doofus. I mean Sonic doesn't get to like pull Mario's pants down, poke his eyes, or casually trip him. Something to even up the score in the comedy department. But instead Sonic is kinda treated as the punchline joke. The ending was pretty cool though outside of that. I'm just sad the promising beginning lead to a mediocre middle. As well as the animation felt kinda mean spirited to Sonic by making him look foolish at every turn. I mean gags are great but Sonic was the brunt of all of them. So even ignoring anyone's feelings on winner and loser, it still felt pretty cruel how Sonic was a butt monkey.

This is coming from someone who can't stand the current Sonic characterization as well as the obnoxious voice which was emulated in this battle, and I still feel this way anyways even if I don't mind seeing a Roger Sonic get beaten up XP. It honestly reminded me of Goku vs Superman 2 which felt like the DB team was basically talking down to Dragon Ball Fans. Even Ben has it listed as his worst DB.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, if Mario and Sonic could get a rematch, then there's one rematch that we REALLY need:

ScrewAttack, for whatever reason, changed the thumbnail to the Master Chief VS Doomguy battle, to make it seem like it's a fight with the modern Doomguy. It wasn't, which is disappointing and misleading.

So, as a result, this calls for a rematch. Master Chief VS DOOM Slayer! The previous fight had Doomguy lose kinds fair and square, but this new fight would be really interesting. An unrelenting super soldier versus the scourge of Hell itself.

Surely, I'm not asking for anything ridiculous here, right?

I liked the animation and the fight. Yeah, they did make Sonic look like a doofus, but I've gotten used to people making fun of Sonic over the past decade so I didn't really notice it much.

What I didn't like was that they took Mario's castle feat seriously. It was meant to be a gag, but now Mario could suddenly lift 60 million tons which is ridiculous since we've never seen Mario display this kind of power again in any of his future games.

Another thing is that Hyper Sonic lasted way shorter than 50 seconds, but someone in the comments pointed out that it wouldn't have mattered cause Mario has other power-ups like the Metal Cap or Giant Mushroom. I don't see why Hyper Sonic can't just collect more rings (since he could fly at light speed), but it's okay.

I know we're all biased towards Sonic here, but I'm honestly not convinced that Mario should've won.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

What I didn't like was that they took Mario's castle feat seriously. It was meant to be a gag, but now Mario could suddenly lift 60 million tons which is ridiculous since we've never seen Mario display this kind of power again in any of his future games.

That... honestly doesn't surprise me, considering they did the same thing with Donkey Kong and that "punch the moon out of orbit" moment from the end of DKC Returns.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/19/2018 at 3:49 PM, Detective Kaito said:

I liked the animation and the fight. Yeah, they did make Sonic look like a doofus, but I've gotten used to people making fun of Sonic over the past decade so I didn't really notice it much.

Another thing is that Hyper Sonic lasted way shorter than 50 seconds, but someone in the comments pointed out that it wouldn't have mattered cause Mario has other power-ups like the Metal Cap or Giant Mushroom. I don't see why Hyper Sonic can't just collect more rings (since he could fly at light speed), but it's okay.

I know we're all biased towards Sonic here, but I'm honestly not convinced that Mario should've won.

To be fair, I think the real clincher was how Mario tanked a small scale nuclear explosion anyway.