Awoo.

3D Sonic.......on 3ds.

Chaos Warp

but it sickens me to see it continuing to sell so well despite being the heavily inferior game,

SEGA is not allowed to make money.

• Thumbs Up 6

No, it's not that; Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see Sonic performing well in the charts, it's just so frustrating to see the shoddy, inferior rush-job version of the game doing very well, whereas the version that actually had all the care and effort put into it (and is actually really rather great) has almost completely fallen under the radar. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd personally prefer for the handhelds to get their own 2D series using hand-drawn art, and for home consoles to just get 3D games.

Though I admit it would be interesting to see a full 3D Sonic game for the 3DS.

Hey...yeah. That's not a bad idea at all. I'd love a 2D Sonic game with high quality 2D artwork. A 3D game wouldn't be bad either but, I think I like the former idea better now that you put it into my head.

No, it's not that; Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see Sonic performing well in the charts, it's just so frustrating to see the shoddy, inferior rush-job version of the game doing very well, whereas the version that actually had all the care and effort put into it (and is actually really rather great) has almost completely fallen under the radar. 

Maybe I'm just talking shit (protip: maybe = most likely), but perhaps it's selling so much better on the 3DS because there isn't so much in the way of competition on that platform still. Mario and Sonic London 3DS is still selling pretty well too here, and that turns a year old in less than a month's time. 

Maybe I'm just talking shit (protip: maybe = most likely), but perhaps it's selling so much better on the 3DS because there isn't so much in the way of competition on that platform still. Mario and Sonic London 3DS is still selling pretty well too here, and that turns a year old in less than a month's time. 

Well, that and the lack of Wii version, perhaps.  I know that reception for the Wii has sort of fluctuated overtime, but not releasing Generations on the Wii in any conceivable form kind of eliminated a considerable profit margin.

Sonic Pocket Adventure

Check my sig please.

...Well, to give them some slack, SPA's physics are pretty good, and while not /that/ similar to the Genesis ones, much better than the GG/MS ones. The level design still showed a bit to be left desired, as their love for boost pads actually began here. (If you have boost pads in your Aquatic Ru- err, Aquatic Relix, you have a bit of a problem, eh?)

Also, really, as a liker of Colors DS, I'll have to say that though its physics aren't Sonic Advance or the Genesis ones, I'll have to give credit to Dimps for making something actually working and not /as/ glitchy as hell like Sonic 4 was. To make a 3D game with them for level design, though... No thanks.

It'd be really cool for them to try a Super Sonic 3D Land, and what I mean by that is to try replicate the classic gameplay in 3D. I'm sure there'd be a fair line to recreate the classic gameplay, and really, if anything, I really want them to try make defeating enemies more than "A-Button -> A-Button". If Mario could do it without fighting moves, and heck, make the fireball work in 3D, it'd be nice to see Sonic try it.

More than that, I want a fully fleshed Sonic game 2D or not.

As discussed, a Sonic Colours could be very well ported to the 3DS as it's mostly 2D and and there is'nt too much high speed for the 3DS to process and the buttons could be mapped as mentioned above.

But  the closest to what I mean is Rush Adventure. Have an open 3D overworlds, a fleshed out story, seperate mechanics for 3D sections if necessary or just do what colours did..focus on 2D section with some 3D peppered..it'd be a good testing ground for a transition and would sell well if it was fleshed out fully like Rush adventure.

Introduce the concept of 3D to test the waters first rather than weaning away lazily saying it's not possible when IT IS.

I wouldn't want a 3D Sonic game on the 3DS from Dimps, it'd probably end up being similar to this in terms of level design:

I played the fuck out of this in my old PS2.

seriously, this shit is way more satisfying to play than the HD version.

How so? To me, it just seems like there's way less to do.

If I had to hazard a guess, probably because the game has shorter acts (even though there are a lot more Werehog compared to Daytime, and just more required acts overall), so the stages don't feel like they overstay their welcome.

I own a 3DS and I have to say, there isn't a lot of decent games really, Nintendo ones are pretty good, but 3rd party are mostly rubbish.

I'd love to see a 3D sonic game on handheld (heck why not even offer a SA/SA2 port in 3D? They have done it with OoT) given that the 3DS game cards are I think double the size of the GC minidisks it isn't a problem of memory size.

In terms of using the 3DS's features, why not include more Tornado stages that play like Starfox? You can use Gyro controls or not and the 3D works superbly!

I don't doubt for a second that the 3DS could easily handle a 3D sonic game with an adventure style (modern style would be too much for the hardware I think) I just hope they give us something decent next and not a dumbed down version of a console game like generations or even All Star Racing! (I'm looking at you SaSART!)

I own a 3DS and I have to say, there isn't a lot of decent games really, Nintendo ones are pretty good, but 3rd party are mostly rubbish.

I'd love to see a 3D sonic game on handheld (heck why not even offer a SA/SA2 port in 3D? They have done it with OoT) given that the 3DS game cards are I think double the size of the GC minidisks it isn't a problem of memory size.

In terms of using the 3DS's features, why not include more Tornado stages that play like Starfox? You can use Gyro controls or not and the 3D works superbly!

I don't doubt for a second that the 3DS could easily handle a 3D sonic game with an adventure style (modern style would be too much for the hardware I think) I just hope they give us something decent next and not a dumbed down version of a console game like generations or even All Star Racing! (I'm looking at you SaSART!)

I'm not an expert on 3DS capabilities, but I'm not too sure how well SA1 and SA2 would run on it.

Edited by Burnt Ash

I'm not an expert on 3DS capabilities, but I'm not too sure how well SA1 and SA2 would run on it.

I'm assuming they would run pretty nicely considering that Monster Hunter 3 on the 3DS is pretty much the same as the Wii version, just missing some minor detail. And that is one of the better looking Wii games to date. The 3DS version has more content though.