Awoo.

Sonic Model - SA2HD Project

LeBronFilms

Is it bad if I say that he looks like a plush doll? Because the first thing I thought when I saw the video was "Oh hey it's a plush doll!". 

Also /please/ don't put a giant mouth on it. Otherwise this model looks nice.

I'm really liking that model you got there. It's realistic enough to where I could see it fit in a realistic environment, but it doesn't go overboard like the fan film. I've always wanted to see SA2's cutscenes with the new models so this should be a treat. Can't wait to see what you put out next!

Oh, and Blue... INFECTED<3

Edited by NGw00d
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, that Sonic model looks waaaaaay better then the one Eddie Lebron used for his fan film. I'm not too crazy about this being yet another live action/realistic film but hopefully you can pull this off. All I can say is that I wish you luck.

Reminds me of the Jazwares flocked Sonic figure.

It's a pretty nice shape, pretty true to the current model of Sonic, the shoes really bug me though, they look solid and clunky.

I would actually suggest switching out the realistic texture on Sonic's fur there for a more stylized/cartoony one. I understand what you're trying to go for there, but it just sort of looks like Sonic's made outta felt, y'know? Otherwise, looks pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly think that Sonic model does a way better job at "realistic", then Eddie LeBron's movie model. You did a good job!

• Thumbs Up 6

Can we just drop this "classic styled" thing, AT LEAST when we're talking about SA2? :\

Dude look closely, those ARE the flat-looking classic shoes but modified with gold plated grind shoe parts, which looks weird as hell because the styles clash. Either go all the way classic or all the way Soap shoes.

http://i.minus.com/ijlXj7sKFFU3V.gif

The filmmaker could make the ACTUAL upgradeless Soap shoe model in higher resolution but make the yellow strip that appears on only one side of the shoe gold like he did here.

Edited by Sir Dwayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

Something weird happens with a bracelet as model rotates. Bracelet becomes black, and partially disappears... Or is it illusion...

I don't like the face. I think the model would be better if you tried to recreate his 2d illustrations from SA2 into a 3d model.

Funny too since I'm pretty sure Eddie has received thousands of dollars as a donation for his movie. Can't even get it right with money.

• Thumbs Up 1

LeBronFilms

Any comments on the feedback you've been given so far? (Fur texture, shade of blue, Soap shoes not authentic etc.)

Will you be incorporating any of this feedback into your model?

I understand we all got busy lives but some interaction will keep this thread alive and continue interest in this project.

• 3 weeks later...

Say, you know in one of these cutscenes, Eggman points a gun at Amy's head. When I saw that, I thought to myself "Say, why doesn't Eggman carry it with him all the time?" So, if you can, do you mind making a model of a shotgun for Eggman to carry around in more cutscenes. Kinda based on the SPAS-12, only more Eggman-ish.

If you don't want to, for whatever reason at all, don't hesitate to let me know.

Despite that, I like the progress you're making. I can't wait for you to post these cutscenes. Good luck!

Will you be using the background music from the original cutscenes, or different tracks?