Awoo.

Anyone remember some obscure cartoons?

Spin Attaxx

I couldn't find a topic like this on here, so might as well make it.

So, we have some cartoons that everyone remembers, like B: TAS and Transformers, but then there are those that seem to slip under the radar. This topic intends to give those some recognition and attention.

To start off with, anyone here remember a cartoon called The Fruitties?

Apparently this was a Spanish cartoon that was made in the late 80's. I first learned about it when I was in Monaghan one summer a few years ago (maybe 2009?). It was on RTE 2, but it stopped showing it at some point. In fact, RTE 2 seems to like showing relics from eras past a bit.

Anyway, I couldn't find many eps of this on Youtube (aside from crappy phone camera recordings or in another language).

Any thoughts on this or other obscure cartoons? Then post them!

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember I watched that show in particular before school when I attended primary school. I can very vaguely remember parts of the intro. I wish I had known more than that, but seeing as we for some strange reason were hitchhiking a satellite broadcasting British channels, it was in English, so I never understood any of it. Spanish cartoon, you say? That does make sense.

I did enjoy watching cartoons, even if it meant watching them "deaf".

Only me and my sister seem to remember these.

The Bluffers - 

Ovide and the Gang - 

Edited by Stasis
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if these count as "obscure", but I do recall stuff like Action Man and Max Steel.

I don't know if this counts as obscure or not... but it's hard for me to find the full series on YouTube:

Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaDupyl0t8

I absolutely loved this show, it suited me down to a T given I actually got most of the humour in it. Watching it back though, I'm noticing a ton more references (I recall seeing one episode which had "All Your Base are Belong to Us" written on one of the school lockers)

loads of people seem to bash this show too, but it seems to tick all of my boxes, especially the humour.

Edited by JonoD
  • Thumbs Up 9

I've posted the following link on this very site many times already, but i never miss an opportunity to do it yet again. Why? Because the intro to the following cartoon embodifies everything about 1990's childrens entertainment, and that makes it a true gem in pop culture history, obscure as it may be biggrin.png

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure what others consider obscure, but... F'N STUNT DAWGS

aka best theme song ever.

This show was hilarious and broke the fourth wall more than Pinkie Pie ever could.  Loved it.  And desperately needs a DVD release.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

All of the marketing for Marlon Waynes' A Haunted House suddenly made me remember Waynehead out of the blue last night, as in, I got out of bed and looked it up online just to at least remember the aesthetics of the thing:

I never really watched this show, but I kinda enjoy the wild Warner Bros. televised animation style it's got going on.

Not that obscure I suppose, but it was a good cartoon from the good old Fox Kids:

And also:

Edited by Undead Jango

I loved Bucky O'Hare for the short time that it was on. It was about a green rabbit and his crew (including a four-armed duck and a feline version of Jean Grey) squashing evil toads in space (with a fart sound. See 0:58 below). If it sounds too weird for you, don't worry; it also stars a boring human character so you have someone to relate to in all this madness!

The intro lyrics are gold, but this bit in particular made me chuckle:

If your Righteous Indignation has suffered a hit
And your photon accelerator's broken a bit
And you're losing your mind, and you're having a fit
Get the funky fresh rabbit who can take care of it!

XD

Ah, the '90s.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 2

OMG! THE NOSTALGIA! I remember each and every one of the cartoons posted here so far. Some of them I'd completely forgotten about until now. I could physically hug you all right now.

Here are a couple more obscure ones you may or may not remember:

EDIT: Crap. Beaten to Bucky O'Hare lol!

Not that obscure I suppose, but it was a good cartoon from the good old Fox Kids:

I've been trying to remember the name of this show for ages!

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if this counts as obscure or not... but it's hard for me to find the full series on YouTube:

Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaDupyl0t8

I absolutely loved this show, it suited me down to a T given I actually got most of the humour in it. Watching it back though, I'm noticing a ton more references (I recall seeing one episode which had "All Your Base are Belong to Us" written on one of the school lockers)

loads of people seem to bash this show too, but it seems to tick all of my boxes, especially the humour.

I loved this show. Not too many people I know have seen it or know about it for that matter. Dat nostalgia is hitting hard!

Extreme Dinosaurs was about the same obscurity as Street Sharks, they both debuted on ITV Saturday mornings for me.

I was just a little obsessed with the Shark hunks :P

I wonder how obscure this is now...

ExtremeGhostbusters.png

They even have a remix of the original Ghostbusters song thanks to Jim Cummings

The only reason I knew about it in the past is Kylie. Big surprise there.

Edited by Rachel Alucard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKpdihzeIo

They Bite!

They Fight!

The Street Sharks

JAWSOME

I still remember when they had the toys from Taco Bell. My favorite was Slugger Slammu (FUCK YEAH! I remember his name, bitches!) for some reason. To this day, I have yet to wonder why.

So yeah...

How many of you guys remember Road Rovers?

You know...these guys:

RoadRovers.jpg

I know this is not obscure in the slightest, but this is my top 90's cartoon intro of all time...

The music is too fucking good, dem guitar riffs!

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter

I remember the time when this show was still fresh:

It was a great competitor for the Star Trek shows, and the biggest highlight of my Saturday nights throughout middleschool.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

I haven't had a nostalgia boner this huge since April 1st, 2012.

This show was everything to me when I was 4. Loved this show.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1