Awoo.

Anyone remember some obscure cartoons?

Spin Attaxx

My Pet Monster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikq_WkDE-aA&list=PLCD5877A57D9911DA

I had never seen the cartoon before, but remember the live-action movie scaring the life out of me when I was little p:

Link to the first part of the live-action movie is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBdmy0bXgE

Another one, and I remember watching a VHS of this when I was about 6 or 7. Someone had let me borrow it. It's called "The Flying House," about 3 kids who accidently get stuck on a scientist's flying house, and the house takes them to... Biblical Times O.o I don't remember very much about it, but thought it was pretty obscure. This is the only video on Youtube I could find that hadn't been taken down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIYBbWiFEs

Pet Alien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTIxMPqMzc

It aired on cartoon network from January 23, 2005 – May 26, 2005 in the United States.

Pet Alien was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the category "Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program", which was Jess Harnell, at the 33rd Daytime Emmy Awards.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

Since this topic was bumped up...

Police Academy

There isn't a single character I dislike in this show (my favourites are Zed, Laverne and Proctor)

Did anyone here watch Amazing Animals? I had a couple of VHS tapes of the series and it was SO good! I wish I could find all the episodes but YouTube only has a few and all of them have an American narrator, not the English one. D:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-RuzZnPVk

It was a nature documentary aimed at kids with each half hour episode featuring several skits with Henry the Lizard, some random cartoon shorts and each episode was about a different subject related to animals like Baby Animals, Scary Animals etc.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I never really heard of anyone else ever watching Catscratch. I loved that cartoon. Shame it didn't really take off (I assume it didn't really get going because other cartoons which looked "cooler" beginning around the same time took the spotlight)

CatscratchWallpaper800.jpg

I would've loved if it had become popular, as there are so many different ways they could've taken it and still kept it good.

And Wayne Knight voiced Mr. Blik (center). How can you go wrong with that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I love these topics, it brings back some many memories of my childhood sat in front of the TV on a Saturday morning

1 show I loved was this: - 

Others include SWAT Cats, Heathcliff, Timon and Pumbaa, Danger Mouse, AoSTH, Sonic SatAM, Sonic Underground, Animaniacs, Rugrats, Pokemon, Pinky and the Brian, Freakazoid, and loads others that I can remember including ones already posted

I LOVE NOSTALGIA!!!!

Here's something I hope a few people remember. Searched through the topic and no-one mentioned it

SuperTed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZg74STOfig

Story of a mass-produced teddy bear that was found to be faulty and consigned to a store room to gather dust, until rescued by a Spotty alien and brought him to sentience with cosmic dust, then taken to Mother Nature where he is given superpowers which he can call upon at will with a secret magic word. When SuperTed and Spotty aren't saving the lives of people in distress, they are fending off the threat of a trio of villians consisting of an evil cowboy, a very camp skeleton and a fat idiot.

36 episodes were made between 1983-1985 of the original Welsh series, and was revived in 1989 by Hanna-Babera as The Further Adventures of SuperTed, with 13 more episodes.

Vocal trivia; Spotty in the English version is former Doctor Who John Pertwee, and the narrator is the voice of the original Captain Pugwash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, in the era in which cartoons based on video games had nothing in common with the game in question, this existed...

...yeah.

Does Sonic Underground count?

Jay Jay the Jet a Plane was pretty damn weird too....

1186739189_1.jpg

That is the face of a plane that flew straight into hell and back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't really see Sonic Underground unless i was up at 6 or 7 o clock in the morning in the UK, i think it was on Channel 4 and now I know the reason why!!!!

Here's something I hope a few people remember. Searched through the topic and no-one mentioned it

SuperTed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZg74STOfig

I love Superted! XD I had that one on a videotape with all these other cartoons on it. Shoe People, James the cat, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam (my favourite one! <3), Wil Cwac Cwac, Noddy...most of those cartoons were from before I was even born, but this videotape was originally my older sister's so I watched them later on!

I don't remember as many British shows as most here, because I lived in Holland at the time. Although when I went to England for our holidays I watched Rosie and Jim, Mr Blobby, the Moomins, AoStH! I'm sure there were more but these stand out.

Oh and there was another show which I only watched once or twice, but it always really intrigued me. The Legends of Treasure Island. This one aired in Holland but I was never sure what the cartoon was called. Until recently; a tv series loosely based on the Treasure Island novel but with animal characters instead of humans a la Robin Hood.

Looks like Youtube has got all the episodes here. I wanted to watch it for quite some time since I heard it's pretty decent.

Anyone remember Sheep in the Big City?

I remember laughing hysterically at this show before it was canceled after less than one season.  (At least, I don't remember there ever being a full season for the show)  It was adorable, but also extremely random. It was like if Uncle Grandpa was done in a way that kind of worked.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I can't be the only one who remembers this show. Those living in Europe who had Jetix surely must have heard of this one.

Wunschpunch. I haven't seen this show in almost 5 years. And the only reason I remembered this show even existed was because I saw it when browsing through Saban's Wikipedia page. I remember watching it regularly and enjoying it. Not sure how well it holds up today, though. 

Now, there was this other cartoon I recall seeing once. However I only ever saw one episode my parents had recorded on VHS. I'm not even sure if was aired outside of Europe, let alone Greece. It was this strange show about two birds. One was red, one was blue. And there were these thieves(?) I believe that were trying to kidnap them because their love for each other would grant someone or something a lot of power? It was a strange show and, well, I only ever saw it once. I don't even know how I remembered it, but it just happened. I don't even remember much other than it was a real weird show. 

Edit: I found it. The name was Pandora and Plato: The Strawberry Birds. Honestly, I couldn't find anything in English aside from a trailer (may as well be the theme song) and short clips. I found 2 episodes in Greek, but aside that, it seems like most people have forgotten about this show's existence. I highly doubt any of you on here have heard of it unless you're European I guess. Have a gander. It's quite strange. 

Edited by SwiftWinds

(Al)Mighty Max

hqdefault.jpg

mmax1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

133700058373.jpg

How can one NOT envy this guy?

He lives the most absurd and dangerous adventures, have enormous fun, and his mother is completely okay with that!