Awoo.

Scratch That, Shadow of a Hedgehog (SoaH) is now open once more!

goku262002

http://www.soahcity.com/

EDIT: As of Feburary 9th 2013, SoaH is now open again! I'll leave the previous post below in spoiler tags.

Well, it appears that the site has been hacked and pretty badly.

There are a few hard files left and that's about it. I bet you're looking for Sonic music. I have some here still. I don't think the site will recover from this mess.

I guess it's time to say goodbye. If you want to discover more wonderful things, then visit my personal site.

I'm up, over, and gone.

I'm going to link what JaredAFX said on Retro because from what I was writing it was mimicing the same thing:

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the website soahcity.com, but I sure was. It was where I got most, if not all of my Sonic music, and where I got the first music I put on my iPod. The site meant a lot to me. A few months ago, it went under "construction" and got a new "manager" (the founder was still there, but he's always been busy doing real life things). I don't know when this happened, but apparently the site got hacked, and now Neon Chaos is done with it. No more construction, no more forums, nothing.

Not that the site as a whole was anywhere near as dedicated as we all are here at Retro, but I find it sad that a Sonic site that had been around for twelve years is now gone, and the owner has given up on it. It was never a large website, but I just wanted to, well, pay some respect, I guess, to the site where I got about 50-60% of my music library from. Do any of you guys have something you could say about the site?

...Geez, I make it sound like someone died. It was a cool site, though, with a lot of music, cool wallpapers and avatar icons. It's where I got mine from; I use it for everything.

The facebook is still up:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SoaH-City-Shadow-of-a-Hedgehog-City/259710937474536

And so is the old Gamespy version of the site:

http://archive.kontek.net/sonic.planets.gamespy.com/

But otherwise its gone. Thanks for the memories SoaH.

Edited by goku262002

Man I remember SoaH from back when I first started using the internets too.. even recently, last year sometime I had downloaded many Sonic soundtracks there when I couldn't find good torrents or packs for them.

R.I.P. SoaH :c

• Thumbs Up 2

... what is Shadow of a Hedgehog?

Clearly another Sonic Fansite.

SoaH is old. It's one of the places I used to visit all the time as a kid. Haven't used it at all really in recent years, but that doesn't make it any less depressing. RIP

• Thumbs Up 7

I remember SoaH from ages back! They had this card game featuring Sonic characters and hosted a lot of Darkspeed's stuff. And "LOL Sonic" was hilarious.

Pity to see another good Sonic site bite the dust :( They're becoming a rare breed.

...well dang it. I never knew it was a sonic fan site I thought it was a music downloading site, that's where I got paranoid dj's awsome mephiles' whisper remix and his world remix. I actually got most of my sonic music from brawl custom music when they had mp3 downloads.

I also have memories of SoaH, it was where I would found out about the OSTs of the series and it was the first forum that I ever joined. I remember there was a member there named Snatcher that would buy the CDs and would share with us how the CD looked, mp3s, and where to get them in case we wanted to buy them too. It made me want to buy and start collecting the CDs.

In fact I think the member that I'm talking about and some others that used to contribute to the site are here in the Stadium. Its a shame the website is closed though good memories from there.

I used the site back in the day all the time for my Sonic music. It had EVERYTHING!

Sad to see this go down. Why didn't they have a back up?

Oh for fucks sake...

Now I have to look somewhere else for Sonic soundtracks!

I used to visit it all the time before coming here.  I provided a lot of the music for the site early on, including a lot of line-in recordings if the OSTs weren't available yet, so I do have some attachment to that site.  Haven't been there in ages, though.

Man, that's a shame :/

I used to get soundtracks from there too, but it has been a long time since I've been there.

Oh wow. That sucks big time. Having a site filled with Sonic music was what I needed back in those years. Pure joy was always on my face whenever new OST's got uploaded. R.I.P Shadow of a Hedgehog.

I used to be member of SoaH back in the day. Recently I've only lurked it but, only if it randomly popped up in my mind. I was just there maybe a month ago, and was surprised to see how dead it was.

If anyone remembers the Sonic X-Treme forums, what ever happened to it?

Edited by Kamina

I've heard of the site, but never went. Kinda sucks that it got trashed; had I known more about it, I probably would've gone earlier.

That's a shame. I used to lurk on that site all the time. I loved getting new OST's from there. Rest in peace, man.

You 2 just showed your age there.

This site was as old as SSMB itself. 

21 years old.

Most of my internet exposure back then was Newgrounds, JoeCartoon, and KillSomeTime.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a few tracks from SoaH back in the day, though to be fair my experiences with the site were few and far between.

Still, a shame to see it go down :(

Yeah Goku way to make me feel old, and I'm the same age as Solkia, SoAH is not THAT old, when it got it's new facelift I stopped caring because I remember the black layout it had with red text made it the cool and edgy dark sonic forum with all the music, darkspeed's SA2 comic and of course all the fan wallpapers, and official ones SEGA released, if that's all gone then we may have lost a piece of SEGA history since that was the only site that comes to mind that still had all the old Sonic Channel wallpapers, screen savers and even the ultra rare SA2 on-disc screensaver that no one can run any more, they also had all the SA wallpaper, it probably had the largest backlog of Sonic Music ever though, but after the server crash and wipe, they lost a lot of the old music and game Rips that they never replaced.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sad to see it go. SoaH was one of the first Sonic fansites I ever found and was a great place to get music and wallpapers. In somewhat more recent years (around 2007-2009), I even posted on the forums quite a bit and made some of the "LOL Sonic" pictures.

Stritix, I hope your backup of the site gets approved.