Awoo.

Scratch That, Shadow of a Hedgehog (SoaH) is now open once more!

goku262002

SoaH was my first Sonic community. Was a regular on the forums. Did a lot of growing up there as amounted by a lot of stupid things I did. Tried to keep visiting but as most of my old friends drifted away from it so did I. Hadn't been to the forums in years, only going back to the site occassionally when I needed a MP3. Damn shame it had to be hacked.

To be honest it's probably for the better. As anything other than a music resource it was basically a barely moderated cesspool, especially the last few years before it went under. And with the site owner essentially not giving a shit anymore anyway it only would've gotten worse - hell, it was practically a ghost town by the time I left, and that's really saying something considering it was essentially one big clique to begin with.

In retrospect it makes me glad I have you guys nowadays. All the petty bickering we succumb to ever now and then was nothing compared to the absurd bullshit people got away with back there.

Woah, blast from the past. I totally forgot about SoaH, I never used to frequent it as much as I did TSS back in the day but it's still sad to see it go. It's amazing how much of the Sonic online community has disappeared over the years...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah man, I remember SoaH. It used to be my main site for Sonic music back in the day, and it's also where my first MP3 player songs were downloaded from. Heck, I even used them quite recently when Unleashed came out a few years ago, so they were still pretty fresh in my mind.

Hopefully they can get the back-up up and running soon.

It's not dead. At least hopefully not for long. As an administrator of the site, I contacted the owner this morning explaining my plans to revive SoaH City as a whole.

I do have a complete back up of the site. If the owner is happy for the site to continue there should be no problems.

I'd never heard of SoaH before but destruction of information is something that I hate to see in any form (which is why I never delete anything and consequently have 3.5TB of hard drives in my main computer), so I was sad to hear this news. But You are their savior. You're like their Deus ex Machina.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sad to see it go. I remember frequently visiting the site when I first joined the internet back in '05. If my memorie's correct they had an awesome Sonic merchandise gallery back then which I would check out every day c:

Yikes. That stings my nostalgiahood. Takes me back to the EZBoard days where I used SOAH, Pojo and Sonic CulT for all my anime and gaming needs. And just like how Pojo would garner about 100k members on it's forum back in 2001, I barely run into anybody who's even heard of it anymore.

I know it's reasonable to think that not everything lasts forever but since SOAH had just got a new layout, I wasn't expecting it.

Edited by Jace

I own both Shadow the Hedgehog game soundtracks (vocal and in-game), a complete Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, and the Sonic Generations Soundtrack autographed personally by Jun Senoue.

Even with all of that, I am pissed. SoaH had just about everything. I used to go there all the time years ago. Who the hell would hack it? 

Where can I listen to crystal clear Sonic music on the internet now?

Edited by UltDevilDoom

I buy my Sonic OSTs.

EDIT: Seriously Goku what's with all the liking and unliking, It spams my notifications

Edited by Jin Hakumen Kisaragi

Man, I used to go on that site all the time when I was a kid. RIP.

Edited by Johnny Boy

That's a shame but nice to hear it might still be revived.

Like many here I used to frequent it back when it was pretty much the only place to get Sonic music.  Haven't had use for it in years now though.  I also used to love reading Darkspeeds' SA2 comic back before it was (seemingly) put on indefinite hiatus.

Who the hell would hack it?

It'd make more sense if you saw what the community was like. A lot of the regulars would just troll incessantly and became untouchable seemingly just on a seniority basis. Hell, there was at least one guy who was repeatedly permabanned for mass-spamming scat pictures all over the board, and every single time they'd just let him back in whenever they switched domains as if they didn't expect him to do it again. When the staff switched around and people finally started cracking down on it, they acted like the moderators committed some kind of unforgivable sin. It was astoundingly retarded to behold.

I understand that most of the people here never ventured beyond the front page and the music section, but there was some seriously dark shit going on behind the scenes to you lot. That there was at least one person willing to do some actual, serious damage to the site isn't terribly surprising.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh fuck, I forgot this was where Darkspeeds' manga and KojiChao's stuff was, I loved visiting the art sections of the site

I spent my first years on the internet, in the early 2000s, on that website and its message board ! I used to draw lots of commission for the members there. And I think that's where I met people like Darkspeeds. Oh the memories...

Ah. Fond memories of using it for music as well.

It's saddening if only for the nostalgic value.

Empires rise and fall; we must as a group always do our best to endure.

RIP SOAH.

Aw man I got my Sonic music from there back in the day too. LOL Sonic was also why I would visit the forums on occasion. Sayonara, Shadow of a Hedgehog.

They banned me from their forums. I really won't miss the place.

Haha yeah that usually kills attachment quick. I was banned from a place for a few years once... when it was finally lifted my reaction to the site had become "Meh." I found better things so it didn't hurt me any if the site went up in flames.

Damn. I haven't visited SOAH in nearly a decade. Back then my only access to the internet were those trial AOL CD's and whatever time I spent at the local library.

Sad to see established institutions go down like this.

xufhf.png

SoaH City will be back up and running within a few weeks with a complete makeover. I am currently doing some artwork for the new site, and I think it's going pretty well.

Edited by Stritix
  • Thumbs Up 7

I just heard of the disaster. Really a shame to see that the site was hacked, some guys in the internet really don't have a heart. I've been lurking SoaHCity since around True Blue was released I believe.

From what I can see, most of the OST that were hosted in the website are still up, so that's good. Still a shame for the general site though.