Awoo.

Scratch That, Shadow of a Hedgehog (SoaH) is now open once more!

goku262002

Well, if the site does come back online, that'd certainly be nice! Whenever something is destroyed, just rebuild it bigger and better than before! :)

Ah, Soah City. The main attraction for me is/was the games that they host there... Was thinking of asking if they'd like mine when it's done...

xufhf.png

SoaH City will be back up and running within a few weeks with a complete makeover. I am currently doing some artwork for the new site, and I think it's going pretty well.

Good to hear it'll be back. :) Are you going to revive the forums as well? Or just the fansite?

Good to hear it'll be back. smile.png Are you going to revive the forums as well? Or just the fansite?

Forums as well. From scratch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forums as well. From scratch.

Can you tell us what you plan to do with the forums? from the comments from both here and Retro, the forums sounded like a real cesspool.

You can count me in among the ShoaH-nostalgics. In the dark ages known as "before Youtube", that was my only place for Sonic music.

Anyone else remember how after Deem Bristow died, the site was shortly renamed "Shadow of a genius"? I really loved that tribute.

Can you tell us what you plan to do with the forums? from the comments from both here and Retro, the forums sounded like a real cesspool.

I've read some of the comments, although I wasn't around when any of it was going on so I myself can't make any comments there.

All I can say is that the forums will be starting from scratch with steady rules enforced and a cleaner interface.

I've read some of the comments, although I wasn't around when any of it was going on so I myself can't make any comments there.

All I can say is that the forums will be starting from scratch with steady rules enforced and a cleaner interface.

Alright, Maybe if some former forum members here can give you experences (current and past) of what the forum was like it can give you an idea on what to better enforce.

Btw, can you mosy over to TSSZ and tell them that your (the site itself) not dead? though you really shouldn't care what they say, there going around saying the site is dead as a doornail still and you really shouldn't let that kind of mis-information go about.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know it's such a shame!!! I (like most ppl) got my sonic soundtracks off of there!

Oh well, time to move on to BlackBlur...

Alright, Maybe if some former forum members here can give you experences (current and past) of what the forum was like it can give you an idea on what to better enforce.

Btw, can you mosy over to TSSZ and tell them that your (the site itself) not dead? though you really shouldn't care what they say, there going around saying the site is dead as a doornail still and you really shouldn't let that kind of mis-information go about.

I can't see many old members rejoining. When SoaH completely moved over to IP. Board the other month the place was dead.Though I hope they do rejoin to rule out potential trouble.

I sent Tristan of TSSZNews an email over a week ago. They just updated their blog post a few days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this topic to give a little heads up. SoaH City is back up and running:

http://www.soahcity.com/2013/02/10/soah-city-returns/

It's early in reconstruction, but progress is going really well. Once I restore the music library and build the theme, the rest is pretty easy. It'll take a while, but it's going well.

Edited by Stritix
  • Thumbs Up 4

I like SoaH a lot, but it doesn't have everything.

An example would be the music. Not everything is there that was released to the public. If people want the whole soundtrack to Shadow the Hedgehog, they'd have to track down a rare and expensive soundtrack for all the music. It looks like this:

post-4415-0-02775300-1360489879_thumb.jp

That being said, it is still a great site with lots to offer.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

A site I generally use for my sonic music is

Sonicstyle.org/music

They have all the BGM's and official albums (only up to Sonic and the black night though :()

You

Can also stream it even from a phone!

I like SoaH a lot, but it doesn't have everything.

An example would be the music. Not everything is there that was released to the public. If people want the whole soundtrack to Shadow the Hedgehog, they'd have to track down a rare and expensive soundtrack for all the music. It looks like this:

attachicon.gifIMG_00731.JPG

That being said, it is still a great site with lots to offer.

What rare soundtrack? there were only 2 soundtracks released for SHTH, the official game soundtrack and a vocal soundtrack.

There was no 3rd soundtrack.

Edited by goku262002

This is great news!!!! I loved SOAH and I was so sad to see it get hacked to the point of no return......until the website.......returned........!!!!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

I'm very happy that the site has been revived. I was greatly saddened to hear it was shut down because it along with Secrets of Sonic Team were my two favorite Sonic The Hedgehog fan sites. I seem to have a bad issue with procrastination because I was always too lazy to download the Sonic music when I had the chance. Now this time around I'm going to step right on it! XD

• 2 years later...

Apologies for the over two year bump, but I promise it's a worthwhile post.

At the start of 2013 SoaH City got hacked and closed. It was a huge attack on the site. A rough backup was restored in February 2013, however the site was at a standstill with countless issues. Since then, I have been working on the new version of the site which has now gone live. The site has been given a huge overhaul with a brand new theme, content being revamped, and much more. There are many improvements. An announcement has been published on SoaH's main site covering the new site in more detail: http://soahcity.com/2015/05/11/soah-city-is-officially-back/

The site is still under reconstruction, but a huge amount of progress has been made. SoaH City is officially back!

• Thumbs Up 2

Great to hear. Now that my MP3 player went bunk I think I lost some of the music I loaded from there.

Thanks. SoaH's music library is currently lacking the latest OST's, but they will be added up soon.

Thanks. SoaH's music library is currently lacking the latest OST's, but they will be added up soon.

Why waste bandwith on the Sonic Boom OSTs?

Why waste bandwidth on the Sonic Boom OSTs?

For archival purposes DaHog. SOAH prides itself in its OST archive, no matter no crap the game was they have the full soundtrack for it.

Or the fact that Sonic Boom's soundtrack isn't that bad and provides a pretty serviceable job of a action/adventure game, granted orchestra isn't the best way to go but goddamn some of those tunes in RoL were really damn good!