Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I just can't believe this show is getting fans that are in their 20s and 30s that are males! Its mind boggling!! I'm sure Lauren Faust had no intention or idea this would happen.

I adore this show. I'm not really a fan of the My Little Pony franchise at all, and have been completely apathetic to all other incarnations of the series, but Friendship is Magic is just kinda awesome. It's a lovely little slice-of-life show with clever writing and a well-characterized cast, and I love it.

Hello my fellow Bronies!

I love this show, its well written, the animation is colourful, characters have peronalites that the show in the 80's lacked, I have only seen a few episodes online, Suited For Success is my favourite thus far its camp, fun, colourful and puts hairs on your chest.

Applejack is my favourite (I mistaked her for a boy at first), but Fluttershy is my second favourite.

I find the show to be quite Androgynous.:P

I have also been watching The Powerpuff Girls, my manilyness has died! :D

Edited by BW199148

I find it weird that people who aren't into MLP like this as a cartoon in itself...I dunno I just find that weird. I like it, but then I also love MLP and still buy them =3

It's such a girl cartoon, but it's better than most in that it's not "girly"...if that makes sense? I do think it's aimed at girls overall, but at the kind of girls who don't want anything too prissy. The kind of girls who liked Powerpuff girls etc.

My favourite is Flutteryshy.

Edited by Mollfie

Oh yeah I almost forgot the songs are great too, which is also strange as most Kid Shows I have watched with song numbers make want to stick scissors in my ears! :blink:

I've seen the My Little Pony tales series from the early 90's thats not bad compared to the 80's shows. But I think its good that the new show can appeal to people who aren't female or into the toys.

Yeah its a girls cartoon but so what, I think its good. I think its a nice 'up yours' to the conservative macho male culture BS that I grew up with in high school that I totally hated "Oh you must play football and rugby in order to fit in with other males, you swim with the girls because your a pussy and can't play a man's sport".

"Oh you like Madonna and the Scissor Sisters you must be gay".

"Oh you wear nail polish and ruffled shirts like Prince you must be a faggot".

Sorry for my rant there, I hated high school.

A lot of guys like girly Manga and Anime yet no one blinks an eye.

Well I just log on to see what's on SSMB today-*Sees this topic*-OH GOD ITS HERE TOO.

So now that's two forums that I go to that have the pony virus.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Just yesterday someone told me to watch this. I think I should try it, this topic is a sign!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just yesterday someone told me to watch this. I think I should try it, this topic is a sign!

Do it, it will confirm your masculinity.

• Thumbs Up 4

Do it, it will confirm your masculinity.

But, she's a girl.. :/

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4

The new My Little Pony revival is absolutely fantastic- the characters are so full of personality, and the art style is very unique. I'm very glad it's become as popular as it has, as it deserves the attention by being one of the few shows for little girls that is truly enjoyable for those outside of the target demographic. Though I must admit I find it weird people who were never interested in the MLP series like the show. It's kind of like loving the Pokemon anime but disliking the games, cards, and merch. :/

Well I just log on to see what's on SSMB today-*Sees this topic*-OH GOD ITS HERE TOO.

So now that's two forums that I go to that have the pony virus.

wsnrzt.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Strange. Last night I posted a comment on how I'm becoming obsessed with Ponies. The next day I see a topic about the little sweeties. Coincidence? I think not.

Anywho, just saw the first few episodes and I'm TOTALLY getting suckered in! It's mainly because the Ponies have adorable designs, the animation is sweet and it's not yet another annoying little girl's show. This is more like the 80's series.

I did like MLP when I was younger, and I never saw a problem with it today. In fact I have a special Junko Mizuno designed Pony I bought last year.

195859_188620651180523_100000977694832_455482_4025590_n.jpg

Now that I have this strange and sudden fascination with Ponies, I might get more! MOREEE!! :3

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys like a show about animals with human like features who act like people instead of animals?

Weirdos!

Sorry my humour is bit off of late but is that meant to be Sarcastic?

I don't know, do I have to like the toys to like the show. I understand what your saying though.

I got into Sonic through AoStH and SatAM and watched my babysitters kids play the Game on the Megadrive. I also re-got into Sonic in my Teens through Sonic-X then I got some of the modern Games and merch.

This dosen't I am going to go about and buy plastic ponies though.

I would like a pony plush though (Damn you Hasbro)! :P

Sorry my humour is bit off of late but is that meant to be Sarcastic?

I don't know, do I have to like the toys to like the show. I understand what your saying though.

I got into Sonic through AoStH and SatAM and watched my babysitters kids play the Game on the Megadrive. I also re-got into Sonic in my Teens through Sonic-X then I got some of the modern Games and merch.

This dosen't I am going to go about and buy plastic ponies though.

I would like a pony plush though (Damn you Hasbro)! :P

It was a joke ^^. I purposely gave a description that could also describe Sonic somewhat.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I buy ponies and I like to customize them when I have the time. As do two of my friends, one who is a little younger than me and the other who is nearly 30. So I see no issues with this.

There are very few boys into MLP but maybe this new cartoon will change that as it's not "girly girly" it's modern childish humor, but still dominated by female characters so who knows.

I'm not surprised people here like it considering people here also like anime, sonic, cartoons in general etc.

There are pony plushies but I don't like them.

I know that the MLP ponies from this series are pretty unpopular in the community except with newbies, mostly because they don't really look like ponies lol, they kinda look like deer XD I really like them though, and I hope they grow in popularity. I'm sure they will seeing as there are so many collectors, some of whom will want them just cos they're ponies lol.

I have one of the 3.5/4 gens (sometimes lumped in with the G4 depending who you're talking to) that came out just before this and that one looks a little odd. I prefer the G3 and the G4/5 (the newest ones).

Edited by Mollfie

It was a joke ^^. I purposely gave an description that could also describe Sonic somewhat.

Okay my bad just checking! B)

You know as a child I played with a lot of male toys, Mirco Machines, Action Man, Matchbox Cars, Corps figures, Captain Scarlet, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Plastic Green soldiers etc.

But I had a soft side I also tons of stuffed animals and I still had quite few left a few years ago but my Dad made me get rid of them. I love my Dad but that was hard to do. Plus I watched Cartoon Network to death

The thinking about when I was young about 3 or 4 I don't remember spending time with just my Dad apart going to a Top Gear convention to see some cars and Jeremy Clarkson.

Its not because my Dad is a jerk or anything, he had to work alot and he's a cop so he works late shifts. I spend most of my time with my mother and my sister, mostly my mother nearly all of my early memories are my mother.

Sorry for that 'Sigmund Froid' analysis just trying to find the reason why I like and obesss with kid shows like this.

Edited by BW199148

I think my dislike for My Little Pony the franchise up until now came from the fact that the pony toys are just so stiff.

If they were made out of a huggable squishy rubber I'dve been so into that when I was a kid.

No wonder people used to think I was gay...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think my dislike for My Little Pony the franchise up until now came from the fact that the pony toys are just so stiff.

If they were made out of a huggable squishy rubber I'dve been so into that when I was a kid.

No wonder people used to think I was gay...

I don't know why I've become obsessed with this show, but I have. I just find the characters so engrossing- there is not a single one that's genuinely unlikable. Even Rarity, who I was expecting to be snobby based on similar characters that follow her tropes, is actually a great character. The past few episodes made her one of my favorites.

Even the morals are quite good. Even though they're worked in kind of hamhandedly, they're a lot better than played out shit like "believe in yourself" or "be there for your friends" or anything a GI Joe-type PSA would try to put on us. In fact, I find the best ones are the ones the show demonstrates but doesn't even mention, like in the most recent episode- Keeping a secret secret is part of trust, but why keep it if it's only hurting your friends?

Really, it's just a damn good show. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but it does take its audience seriously, not half-assing anything just because it's originally intended for girls in the single-digits, and that's all I can really ask from a cartoon of this type.

But while I see the appeal, the extent of it still boggles my mind. Not a moment goes by where /co/ doesn't have at least two 300+ post threads on the show, the amount of fan fiction, fan art or fan music videos before the first season is even over is insane and, yes, there is even Rule 34. Even the background characters are getting a ton of attentions. There are cult followings, but this is a fucking religion at this point.

I don't really participate in it as far as fan fiction or anything goes, and I don't see myself buying any ponies anytime soon, but I am hoping to get my Rainbow Dash cutie mark shirt in the mail soon, so I guess I'm at least that much of a fan.

Edited by SuperStingray

Said it once. I'll say it a million times.

Lauren Faust is a miracle worker and deserves this success.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ew, Rule 34 stuff creeps me out and for me it Destroys the Innocence of the charracter! You Search images of any cartoon charracter on Yahoo Images and Rule 34 stuff is always there among the Genuine stuff. What if a little kid sees that, Yahoo needs a better filtering system! <_<

If you're into it fine, but please keep it to yourself!

Edited by BW199148