Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I liked the Gamer Luna pics in regards to this years E3 with the humor and all. The reactions pretty much sum up this years E3 in a nutshell.

...Ponies would've totally saved E3! ...Sigh...

Well to be fair, ponies can make anything better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, let's say nintendo had put out the E3 of every gamer's wildest dreams, new IP's new 3D Mario, Zelda, HD pokemon Online, etc. If ponies had been in it, some would've said it managed to surpass perfection, and other would've said that it was worse than Nintendo's 2008 E3 just because of ponies...Obvously, the former would be factually correct :D

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 1

xGanj.png

"Your story was not read" edition.

I'm kind of lying here, because (contrary to my previously posted expectations) Poniboorus derp time gave me boring nights to read stuff.

The Feather Of Fire:

This story moves slooowwwwwlyyyyyy...

But I still love it, we are into our first important moment, Daring and MDW caught that Director whose name I forgot trying to check on the statue and automatically suspect he is with the collector, but the problem to this is that he seemed quite surprised with the Earth Pony figure theft, wouldn't somepony working for the collector be aware of the disappearance of that object?

Either this guy has been lying to MDW (possible) or our heroes are not following the right clues.

All Paths Lead Home: (Completed!)

Post apocalyptic story dealing with a mother and her filly trying to look for her way home.

There is not a lot to speak about it actually, there seems to be a whole backstory to this but it's never explained, the mare and filly remain a mystery during a whole story and also remains unsolved (except maybe for the readers theory that the filly is called "Sunny Days" or something similar), the ending doesn't even bother to explain why the heck did the sun came out (maybe this could have been explained by the readers if we even knew what caused all of this)

All in all I felt like I read a terribly watered down version of Fallout: Equestria.

*not rated*

Pinkie Prefeers Her Pasta Plain and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink: (One shot)

This story takes "noodle incident" to a whole new level.

I somehow missed the random tag while getting into this I was like.. Fluttershy? Shipping? Cute picture? I'm in!

How wrong I was? Let's check it out!

During the first half I couldn't avoid but notice if I somehow ended up in an alternate version of The incredibly dense mind of Rainbow Dash since the premise was quite similar, 2 characters, Hearts and Hooves day, one being in love and the other not being able to tell about it (of course, that's as far as the coincidences go, Fluttershy and Pinkie are quite different from the main characters of that other fic and that other story is written in a whole different style and direction), everything so far is... Decent, something that keeps me entertained at least, somehow you introduced the topic of hot sauce and how Fluttershy was able to hold it without making it seem relevant, I didn't get the why of that but then...

For a moment I thought I somehow switched tabs and ended up reading something from Blueshift (is that a compliment or an insult? Your choice tongue.png ) the reference to a dear piece of American history (and I guess Japanese culture) and the random trip to Baltimare were... Interesting to say the least, they somehow find this mafia boss of pasta and challenge him to a spicy food eating contest, I must confess that I actually liked this part, as random and senseless as it was I feel the characters in show would have reacted like this if they were put in such (improbable) situation, of course, I'm not counting what happens after the official contest is over and the capo claims his victory, at that moment I was like "I wonder how do they get out of this?"

And then...

"Oh..."

"Ooooooooohhhh...."

Lots of mixed feelings and a mental picture that I'm not sure if I wanted to see later I can sort of rationalize that this (considering the situation) somehow makes sense, the pasta lord claims his defeat at the sheer spicyness of what we just beheld and we switch scenes...

Later we find out that apparently all of this was an acid trip that somehow the 2 mares shared (or maybe it was just Flutters? Next morning is going to be awkward), and this made me think a little... What triggered all of this, we see at the beginning of the story many events which could be the cause, the wine, the noises (somepony meddling) the hot sauce (Not sure if this is possible but I remember Homer Simpson getting into an acid trip from eating a mix of chili and other substances)... Or maybe something "spicier" like the unintentional kiss?

Maybe I'm on an acid trip myself because otherwise I can't believe how I typed so much about a random story like this... I guess that's another point where I could compare you with Blueshift (you both made me think randomness).

Oh well, all in all an interesting read, not so much shipping nor comedy but it somehow made me type this wall of text.

Rating: 3 Stars

The Most Dangerous Dish!: (Old as heck story that I decided to re-read to see if I should include it in the fanfic list)

I said it before and I'm saying again, this story wins just for the fact that is narrated by Zecora, some rhymes are quite painful and I guess my (arguably) low rating back then was because I didn't regard short fics (and this one is) as something worth taking into account.

Since some stories later in my fanfic reading journey made me realize my mistake I'll give this one a more appropriate rate.

Rating: 4 Stars

My Little Alicorn:

This latest chapter was hilarious.

Is not that I enjoy Douche's abuse, but lines like this:

During one of my first posts protecting Celestia herself, some teenage dragons decided to attack our procession. I knew we were in trouble. There’s no way anypony walks up to a dragon, stares it right in the face, and doesn’t feel like crying like a schoolfoal.”

Blueblood winced. I just know he was talking about me. Stupid Captain and his stupid…stupid…Captain stuff.

Reminds me how brilliant this fic is...

As a side note, this chapter goes back and remind us what we've seen in chapter 15 of the first story, good that I didn't mind the Grimdark version of that chapter because otherwise I'm not sure how I would feel about this one. :V

Hostile Takeover:

I'm adding this one to my list whenever I have time...

Annnd The Stare strikes again! It's that sort of special skill, her childhood and personality (as well as her rage fits) what makes me think Fluttershy is a Sad-Grimdark fic waiting to happen... I'm actually surprised at how little of that I've seen.

But that's a bit off topic, As for the chapter itself, it turned out way different to what I expected but that doesn't make it bad at all, it turns out that Flair is as much as an ass as Trixie is (what did I just write?), albeit a more justified one (hooray for a fic that doesn't try to portray Trixie as a woobie!).

I'm not sure why Trixie's plan involved love potion though, aren't other magical things out there that could have put Flair in the same shameful situation without having to risk herself? Oh well, I'm justifying this as a lack of time to plan things, the fact that Trixie doesn't seem to be so good at planing, and (most importantly) rule of funny.

Anyways, this chapter managed to be as hilarious as the others and can't wait to see what happens next, in fact, my inner shipper in my craves to see what will happen in the competition., did I said shipper?... I meant... Reader... Yeah... That...

As side note, I can't wait to see the moment a random griffon circus becomes renown for treating their animals attractions with the same care and respect as any other griffon. (... With the way I worded that, this could be something good or bad... whoops? unsure.png )

Background Pony:

Nothing is meaningless.

Do not give up on life's searches. All roads lead to somewhere, so long as they remain roads.

Oh dear, this chapter...

The first part gave us a look at somehow I knew it was going to be presented at some time (i believe I mentioned it in the last chapter) and it was how this whole situation was affecting Lyra, she was turning into something else... Stronger is the word she used but I'm not sure if I would share that sentiment, actually, I'm willing to use words as cold, hard or even dead (then again, my English sucks so I might be wrong here).

Then a big chunk of the chapter that felt like I was suddenly introduced to one of those text that drives you crazy just from reading them (and somehow all this place that manages to be worse than the profound darkness itself made me think about Vinyl Scratch.... Yup... I've gone mad from reading this pinkiecrazy.png)

And then comes Lyra, descending (or ascending?) from her little vacation screaming and understandably going mad from the revelation that there is a ninth elegy, I bet my neighbors heard me screaming FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck at the screen.

(The mystery of the elegies is... Quite fascinating, we've seen some of them having a purpose, and use outside of the global composition yet there is that 7th elegy that unleashes hell, or rather, connects hell with the one playing it... How does all of this fit together? I just can't wait to see how this plays out.)

What's next is by far one of the most heart warming moments in this story, when she finds love again (though not in the form this shipper would usually expect I guess, I think, eh, I'll live tongue.png ) and the next morning when she realizes all the good she has been doing in this year... If this was a TV series I think this would have been an awesome season finale, this part made me shed tears of happiness and clap to the screen... It was so moving... But in a nice way...

Then we get another big reveal (yet not a cosmic horror sized one) and the chapter ends.

This chapter was amazing, this fic is amazing and I'm not sure how I spend so much time reading what it's actually one of the shortest chapters in a while... Guess SSaE has that effect on me. :V

last minute edit: Interesting bit another reader commented, nopony paid attention to Luna nor loved her night so there is a chance that SSaE uses Luna as the first victim of the curse itself, if this is true there will be some minds being blown

And that's it for this week! Next Tuesday I'll try to talk about the rabbit mafia, a cruel and terrible truth being revealed, awkward moments and ponies wearing the saddle.

Post apocalyptic story dealing with a mother and her filly trying to look for her way home.

There is not a lot to speak about it actually, there seems to be a whole backstory to this but it's never explained, the mare and filly remain a mystery during a whole story and also remains unsolved (except maybe for the readers theory that the filly is called "Sunny Days" or something similar), the ending doesn't even bother to explain why the heck did the sun came out (maybe this could have been explained by the readers if we even knew what caused all of this)

All in all I felt like I read a terribly watered down version of Fallout: Equestria.

*not rated*

It's one of those "you need to have read the source material to get the full details" style of crossovers.

*BUH SUM APPLES!*

I totally forgot about that... (and I spent 3 days reading this one! >_<)

Anyway, I didn't read the original so I'm kind of curious now... (And now I'm starting to remember more about the story...)

How does the novel compare to this one? Does it somehow manage to be more emotional (the fic actually didn't made any effort to make me care about the characters, then again, it might be because I read too much stories like this one already)? Does it spend some time explaining how did it ended up like this? (reading your quote, it seems like you already answered this) Does the fic works as a side story to the novel or does it follow the same path? Why do you think the author pulled a rule 63? (I know that much about the original)

Also, is there any reason in the novel that explains why the mare was so obsessed to going home despite knowing that there was nothing there? Is the random good character (I'm more disappointed at being only 1 random good guy instead of more) expanded more (if he even exist in the novel)? Is there any relationship between the travels to the past and the main story? (because they seem kind of irrelevant in the fic except when they explained how did the mare and the stallion went separate ways)

And yes, your quote makes me think I missed a lot of details, I remember this biting me too in another fic called Aitran. Where while I could get the gist of the story most of the locations and overall "magic" of the place went way over my head. (also, not showing the ponies solving most of the puzzles for the sake of not taking out the fun from the original material)

xGanj.png

"Your story was not read" edition.

I'm kind of lying here, because (contrary to my previously posted expectations) Poniboorus derp time gave me boring nights to read stuff.

Long time no talk! I stopped this for a while really because I was too lazy to think up of comments or questions.... Though I suppose I do have a few.

The Feather Of Fire:

This story moves slooowwwwwlyyyyyy...

But I still love it, we are into our first important moment, Daring and MDW caught that Director whose name I forgot trying to check on the statue and automatically suspect he is with the collector, but the problem to this is that he seemed quite surprised with the Earth Pony figure theft, wouldn't somepony working for the collector be aware of the disappearance of that object?

Either this guy has been lying to MDW (possible) or our heroes are not following the right clues.

So this is a Mare-Do-Well and Daring Do Crossover? Sounds interesting. I believe I may have commented before on it, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it. Maybe if I'm bored one day.

*not rated*

Hmmm... OC story I take it? And (As Tornado said a couple of posts ago) you need to know something about what the story was based off of as well? I dunno if it'll hold my concentration long enough... pass.

Pinkie Prefeers Her Pasta Plain and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink: (One shot)

This story takes "noodle incident" to a whole new level.

I somehow missed the random tag while getting into this I was like.. Fluttershy? Shipping? Cute picture? I'm in!

How wrong I was? Let's check it out!

During the first half I couldn't avoid but notice if I somehow ended up in an alternate version of The incredibly dense mind of Rainbow Dash since the premise was quite similar, 2 characters, Hearts and Hooves day, one being in love and the other not being able to tell about it (of course, that's as far as the coincidences go, Fluttershy and Pinkie are quite different from the main characters of that other fic and that other story is written in a whole different style and direction), everything so far is... Decent, something that keeps me entertained at least, somehow you introduced the topic of hot sauce and how Fluttershy was able to hold it without making it seem relevant, I didn't get the why of that but then...

For a moment I thought I somehow switched tabs and ended up reading something from Blueshift (is that a compliment or an insult? Your choice tongue.png ) the reference to a dear piece of American history (and I guess Japanese culture) and the random trip to Baltimare were... Interesting to say the least, they somehow find this mafia boss of pasta and challenge him to a spicy food eating contest, I must confess that I actually liked this part, as random and senseless as it was I feel the characters in show would have reacted like this if they were put in such (improbable) situation, of course, I'm not counting what happens after the official contest is over and the capo claims his victory, at that moment I was like "I wonder how do they get out of this?"

And then...

"Oh..."

"Ooooooooohhhh...."

Lots of mixed feelings and a mental picture that I'm not sure if I wanted to see later I can sort of rationalize that this (considering the situation) somehow makes sense, the pasta lord claims his defeat at the sheer spicyness of what we just beheld and we switch scenes...

Later we find out that apparently all of this was an acid trip that somehow the 2 mares shared (or maybe it was just Flutters? Next morning is going to be awkward), and this made me think a little... What triggered all of this, we see at the beginning of the story many events which could be the cause, the wine, the noises (somepony meddling) the hot sauce (Not sure if this is possible but I remember Homer Simpson getting into an acid trip from eating a mix of chili and other substances)... Or maybe something "spicier" like the unintentional kiss?

Maybe I'm on an acid trip myself because otherwise I can't believe how I typed so much about a random story like this... I guess that's another point where I could compare you with Blueshift (you both made me think randomness).

Oh well, all in all an interesting read, not so much shipping nor comedy but it somehow made me type this wall of text.

Rating: 3 Stars

Oh ummm.... What the heck? This sounds like a crazy story! I think I'll give it a read it if it's not too shipping heavy...

The Most Dangerous Dish!: (Old as heck story that I decided to re-read to see if I should include it in the fanfic list)

I said it before and I'm saying again, this story wins just for the fact that is narrated by Zecora, some rhymes are quite painful and I guess my (arguably) low rating back then was because I didn't regard short fics (and this one is) as something worth taking into account.

Since some stories later in my fanfic reading journey made me realize my mistake I'll give this one a more appropriate rate.

Rating: 4 Stars

Zecora is the narrator? Color me interested... I'm putting this in my fanfic tabs.

Hostile Takeover:

I'm adding this one to my list whenever I have time...

Annnd The Stare strikes again! It's that sort of special skill, her childhood and personality (as well as her rage fits) what makes me think Fluttershy is a Sad-Grimdark fic waiting to happen... I'm actually surprised at how little of that I've seen.

But that's a bit off topic, As for the chapter itself, it turned out way different to what I expected but that doesn't make it bad at all, it turns out that Flair is as much as an ass as Trixie is (what did I just write?), albeit a more justified one (hooray for a fic that doesn't try to portray Trixie as a woobie!).

I'm not sure why Trixie's plan involved love potion though, aren't other magical things out there that could have put Flair in the same shameful situation without having to risk herself? Oh well, I'm justifying this as a lack of time to plan things, the fact that Trixie doesn't seem to be so good at planing, and (most importantly) rule of funny.

Anyways, this chapter managed to be as hilarious as the others and can't wait to see what happens next, in fact, my inner shipper in my craves to see what will happen in the competition., did I said shipper?... I meant... Reader... Yeah... That...

As side note, I can't wait to see the moment a random griffon circus becomes renown for treating their animals attractions with the same care and respect as any other griffon. (... With the way I worded that, this could be something good or bad... whoops? unsure.png )

This one's in my fanfic tabs as well... I gotta ask though since I was previously disinterested in this, so I may have missed your previous reviews... Does this have shipping in it? Yes I know there's no shipping tabs, but there are times where I run into shipping stories with no tab... Maybe it's just my luck. :/

Oh well, I could use an odd couple type comedy with Trixie and Flutteshy.

Guess that's it then, huh? Alright then.

Long time no talk! I stopped this for a while really because I was too lazy to think up of comments or questions.... Though I suppose I do have a few.

Shoot

Hmmm... OC story I take it? And (As Tornado said a couple of posts ago) you need to know something about what the story was based off of as well? I dunno if it'll hold my concentration long enough... pass.

OC Story, and it's not that you require the knowledge of the novel to read, but apparently there was something missing... Or maybe the characters don't make you feel the same things if you haven't experienced the original first. (also, the original is a whole novel, so I guess it had time to expand certain topics and events)

Oh ummm.... What the heck? This sounds like a crazy story! I think I'll give it a read it if it's not too shipping heavy...

It's not shipping heavy, but you read what I said about the mental image?

To keep with the pasta theme let's just say things get saucy at some point.

And I'm not only talking about the tentacle noodles thing (and yes, that was the reference to

a bit of American story and I was also guessing Japanese culture)

Zecora is the narrator? Color me interested... I'm putting this in my fanfic tabs.

Read it, it's a short but quite nice story, and I guess a blast from the past (if you count things that happened last year as blasts from the past)

This one's in my fanfic tabs as well... I gotta ask though since I was previously disinterested in this, so I may have missed your previous reviews... Does this have shipping in it? Yes I know there's no shipping tabs, but there are times where I run into shipping stories with no tab... Maybe it's just my luck. :/

Oh well, I could use an odd couple type comedy with Trixie and Flutteshy.

So far the shippiest (and other) things that has happened so far...

Trixie tried to hook Fluttershy with somepony. and making her sing a kind of lewd song (can't remember if this is true) and other subtle yet definitively PG-13 things (or it was PG, can't be bothered to check right now). Keep in mind that there is a really good reason (at least from Trixie's POV) for these actions.

And a love potion backfiring on Trixie in the latest chapter. (with hilarious results)

That's it.

Still, I would recommend this one, it's a qute good "odd couple comedy".

Guess that's it then, huh? Alright then.

Hm? Well... We could talk about other things...

Like the E3...

194098%20-%20banana%20celestia%20Molestia%20Nintendo%20Satoru_Iwata.png

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes I forget why RizCifra is my favorite artist in the fandom. Then:

preview1_by_rizcifra-d52gnvk.gif

Linky.

Also, you asked a lot of questions that I am far too tired to answer, gato. Tomorrow.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

My head hurts, It's cold as the artic over here and E3 consumed most of my time this week... Time to make another wall of text from...

B2vwm.png

Episode 5: He Makes Pony Music

I'm kind of glad that I decided to make this one this week considering the little amounts of time I had to put even some effort into this post, gladly, today's playlist pretty much made itself... (I'll try to make up for this next week)

This week I'll talk about one of the most famous faces of the bronydom (and for some time one of the creepiest... Dat Avatar... *shudder*), great contributor and not only from the musical side of things, of course I'm talking about MandoPony.

01 )

Mando has done way more music than what I gave him credit for, this is one of the themes I've always loved yet I didn't remember being composed by him... When I decided to check his Youtube and found this... Well... Saying I was surprised would be an understatement. tongue.png (I got even more surprised when I found out that some of the tracks I'll post today were originally chip tunes, also made by him)

I always thought Mando was a versatile artist, but hearing this from him reinforced that thought.

02 )

*Mood whiplash*

I can Ace Combat to this...

One of my newest favorite compositions, and certainly an amazing BGM material while I read certain fics.

03 )

I could copy paste what I said about the Shadowbolts theme and it would fit perfectly here...

Actually, as a fun exercise, try to hear both themes at the same time and see if you notice something...

04 ) Rainbow Dash (Rock'n Roll arrangement)

I can shoryuken to this! :V

This amazing track falls in the same place as the rarity one, I didn't know Mando was behind it and when I found it my head was blown into micro pieces, also, this one doesn't only come with a chip tune version but it also has an acoustic one... I recommend you to check both of them.

I also read a lot of people saying this sounds like Sonic music, which I actually disagree with it, (unless you are talking about Adventure 2) sounds more like F-Zero or something I would hear in a fighting game (hence my first commentary about the track)

05 )

And we keep the rock going! After 4 instrumental tracks I guess it was time I put one of the ones Mando is most known for... That's right! Unless you weren't paying attention or lived happily under your rock chances are you know Mando can sing, and it's quite good at that. This track is only one of many examples we will see...

Acousticbrony is also awesome, and will most likely get a list of his own at some time (though looking at my folders he might not appear for a while...).

06 ) Back To Boston

It's kind of hard to think there is a track from Mando you guys haven't listened to, but unless you follow his non pony escapades, chances are you haven't heard this one.

I wanted to calm things down a bit after 2 rock tracks (because whats coming next is some quite slow paced music, I wanted to show as many different styles from the artist as possible) and I think this one is the perfect one for this job.

Though I'll admit the lyrics are kind of a downer. D:

I believe there is a remastered version available in his bandcamp, so you should check that one too.

07 )

Annnd we go full acoustic now, with a "Hey Ocean!" cover of all the things... I don't have many words to describe this, except that if you haven't checked the original (and the Alex S remix since we are here) you are a bad person, you and should feel bad for it. >:U

Jokes aside, this is a pretty relaxing track...

08 )

I'm not sure about you guys, but this one is the piece that made me pay attention to Mando, is the one where I heard the guy sing for the first time and made me realize he got a talent for music like few in this already incredibly creative fandom have...

Even if the lyrics sound silly sometimes (to me), this is still a beautiful piece (and I frankly think it sounds better than the final version, but that's me thinking this kind of music is better left without an electric guitar)

09 ) So Much Left To Know

This is one of the songs I could actually hear in the show...

Shame I find the idea of a guy singing like one of the mane 6 quite unsettling (even Mando >_>)

10 ) It Started With Your Smile

I love this one... I feel odd saying that about what is basically a love song for a pony, Though this one is subtle enough to apply to any girl with blue eyes and bouncy hair (I guess we could count that as an extra bonus :V ... *foreveralone.png*).

11 ) Sweet Apple Acres

But enough with this romantic thing already! Time for some good ol' country apple bucking!

This one gives me some serious White Stripes vibes... And I love it!

12 ) Picture Perfect Pony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaigP8KynvQ

And this one makes me think about Beck for some reason... I should probably check that guy again, haven't listened from him in ages...

But that's off topic, this track is simply amazing, it has da magicks I love how it tries to sell you the fame Fluttershy experienced as something good yet at the end the whole other side of the coin is revealed (while keeping the same cheery rhythm).

Also, dat chorus is made of earthworm... Pony pony pony pony :V

And for some reason this one doesn't make me feel odd like So Much Left To Know and Sweet Apple Acres... I'm not sure if I want to know why...

13 )

*mood whiplash*

Hope you are ready for some metal!

Truth to be told, I had 2 other themes played for closing the list... But then I decided to scrap them at the last minute, because I felt like listening to this one (which is weird considering how much my aching head right now).

I'm also using Mando's genre versatility as an excuse. tongue.png

Also, lol MLP intro mix

14 )

Annnd let's close with something epic, because I felt Shinning Armor's theme didn't sound good enough next to the Gilda one...

Last minute decisions FTL! (yet my lazy ass is grateful for them)

This one actually makes me think of Sonic Colors (which might make me seem like an hypocrite considering what I said about the Rainbow Dash theme... *shrug*), makes me want to go on an adventure... In fact... I think I'm going to go righ.... Oh yeah... Work. :l

And it's like this that we conclude another edition of "The Playlist", when I can be lazy and still pretend I did something, this was quite the odd week for me... I would regret watching E3 if it weren't because you guys are a riot, I have no doubts I will be wasting my time again next year. tongue.png

Anyway, hope you can join me next week when I'll try to put some effort and post B-Side Episode 1: The Same Thing With a Different Name.

EDIT:

Mother of god...

Edited by gato

Okay here's a random thought: how cool if there was a pony version of The Stanley Parable?

Pinkie would have a field day if she was the narrator or subject.

Edited by AdventChild

So my internet killed itself for awhile, so I made this as an apology to everypony here.

Ok I was just really really really bored, but take it anyways.

sky_walking_by_nixtras-d52z60x.png
Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 7

Woohoo! Got tickets for me and my mom for Everfree NW. Is anyone else here attending? There might be a few badges left, if you hurry. c: