Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

The last page is one of the many reasons as to why I will never watch this show faithfully, as well as why I abhor the fandom so much, despite seeing a couple of episodes of the show before and considering them very well-made and good.

*looks at previous page*

As horrid as that was, ill still look into the rest of the show despite the fucking crazy fanatics.

Edited by ChristmasJack

The last page is one of the many reasons as to why I will never watch this show faithfully, as well as why I abhor the fandom so much, despite seeing a couple of episodes of the show before and considering them very well-made and good.

Edited by Grooseinator032

Remind me of a time when the Sonic fanbase posted pics like that in a consecutive manner (on this site mind you).
Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 1

Remind me of a time where taking part in a harmless image war purely for the fun of it made the people involved "fucking crazy lunatics."

Edited by Grooseinator032

Oops, I probably shouldn't have egged them all on like that...

Also I assume that since no-ones debating my earlier post about Dashie that they somewhat agree with it. (Since, you know, the alternative is that everyone ignored if an' all...)

Edited by Gerku(snow)man

Remind me of a time when the Sonic fanbase posted pics like that in a consecutive manner (on this site mind you).

Gumball eyes.

• Thumbs Up 3

...Aside from seeming like it would clog the thread, the image war seemed pretty clean to me, (unlike the Amy hentai avatars). Another thing though, I hate it when people say "it's your fault I can't like this." If I let members of a fanbase's behavior keep me from joining it or even ENJOYING IT on my own, I would not be a fan of MLP, Sonic, Zelda, Pokemon, any religion, any sports, any movie or anything really. There's idiots everywhere that make a fanbase look bad and it's not limited to just rule34 artists. This was not even remotely close to the worst that this, or any fandom has to offer.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I first watched MLP:FIM, I went in with high expectations that I would be joining the herd. But when the 1st episode was over to me it just seemed like just any other show from my childhood (I don't know whether I'm missing something here), nothing really outstanding about it, other than its addictiveness. I cant seem to stop bloody watching it! Plus the nostalgia that comes with it is a massive bonus.

But to be honest I don't think that I'll become a brony, but the show does get my thumbs up.

That's my 2 cents, I hope I haven't interrupted anything.

Peace out

Edited by iVYWREATH

As horrid as that was, ill still look into the rest of the show despite the fucking crazy fanatics.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 3

Help me, I thought I would get bored of the song, but I have been listening to "May the Best Pet Win" non-stop since the song was released. ;a; What do I do?

Shipping discussion? Shipping discussion.

So, I don't ship often. But when I do, I ship Rarity and Fancypants.

raripants.png

And yes; I'm fully aware that in-canon, Fancypants is probably either married to or dating Fleur, but since their relationship isn't really defined on the show I can ignore it for my fun fan-musings! I want to note, though, that I'm not one of those sorts who insists their ship is canon by any means; I know it isn't, and I don't really expect it to be, but it's just something I do for fun because I think they're cute together.

And on the subject of being cute together, they are so much. Fancypants strikes me as the sort of dapper, refined man that Rarity expected Blueblood to be. Rarity, in turn, is independent and speaks up for her own ideas rather than hanging on Fancypants's every word like the rest of his friends; And it seems he finds her very refreshing because of that. The two seem like they'd go really well together.

...though again, I'm aware it's just a fun fanon diversion. I wouldn't want any serious romantic pairings happening in the actual show, since I like it remaining primarily about friendship and all. But yes, Mechano ships a little bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shipping discussion? Shipping discussion.

raripants.png

And yes; I'm fully aware that in-canon, Fancypants is probably either married to or dating Fleur, but since their relationship isn't really defined on the show I can ignore it for my fun fan-musings! I want to note, though, that I'm not one of those sorts who insists their ship is canon by any means; I know it isn't, and I don't really expect it to be, but it's just something I do for fun because I think they're cute together.

And on the subject of being cute together, they are so much. Fancypants strikes me as the sort of dapper, refined man that Rarity expected Blueblood to be. Rarity, in turn, is independent and speaks up for her own ideas rather than hanging on Fancypants's every word like the rest of his friends; And it seems he finds her very refreshing because of that. The two seem like they'd go really well together.

...though again, I'm aware it's just a fun fanon diversion. I wouldn't want any serious romantic pairings happening in the actual show, since I like it remaining primarily about friendship and all. But yes, Mechano ships a little bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having just read the last few pages of this thread, I'll say now that I'm quite frankly shocked and disgusted at the sheer hypocrisy and ignorance of some of the posters here; in particular you, Grooseinator032, whose cropped Rule 34 avatar makes it extremely difficult for me to take a single word of your complaints about mostly harmless shipping at all seriously. That, and I found that your posts (and Icy Wind's, actually) were totally thoughtless and ill-informed in relation to the context in which they were posted; not only did I myself already call for a cease-fire in the image-war even before moderators stepped in, but I also made a direct and specific effort to spoiler-tag the images that I used - this means that you only had to see the pictures of your own free will, and weren't affected by them without wanting to be (hell, in my last post, I didn't even use image tags on them).

As someone who frequently indulges in shipping, I feel that I should be allowed to post the occasional image without finding myself being harassed by your name-calling and double-standards - and while I'll admit now that while it wasn't right of us to have an image-war, (and I remind you that I put an end to it) your reactions were more than just a little unjust and unwarranted. I'm not saying that everyone should like shipping, but I am saying that you should check your facts before you run headlong into a flame war, and that none of us particularly like being called "fucking crazy fanatics" by somebody so wholly hypocritical and misinformed as yourself.

• Thumbs Up 8

Having just read the last few pages of this thread, I'll say now that I'm quite frankly shocked and disgusted at the sheer hypocrisy and ignorance of some of the posters here; in particular you, Grooseinator032, whose cropped Rule 34 avatar makes it extremely difficult for me to take a single word of your complaints about mostly harmless shipping at all seriously. That, and I found that your posts (and Icy Wind's, actually) were totally thoughtless and ill-informed in relation to the context in which they were posted; not only did I myself already call for a cease-fire in the image-war even before moderators stepped in, but I also made a direct and specific effort to spoiler-tag the images that I used - this means that you only had to see the pictures of your own free will, and weren't affected by them without wanting to be (hell, in my last post, I didn't even use image tags on them).

As someone who frequently indulges in shipping, I feel that I should be allowed to post the occasional image without finding myself being harassed by your name-calling and double-standards - and while I'll admit now that while it wasn't right of us to have an image-war, (and I remind you that I put an end to it) your reactions were more than just a little unjust and unwarranted. I'm not saying that everyone should like shipping, but I am saying that you should check your facts before you run headlong into a flame war, and that none of us particularly like being called "fucking crazy fanatics" by somebody so wholly hypocritical and misinformed as yourself.

Whoa, sorry if I contributed in ruffling your feathers.

I was only joking about hating shippers. Of course, I usually don't think my jokes through in real life or on the internet (Why do you think my youngest sister and I are always arguing?) so If I came across as mean spirited, I apologize. I personally hate shipping with a passion, but I'm not the kind of person to say "cut it out" If they don't share the same interests as me.

After reading this post, I feel real bad for almost calling the shippers perverts in my last post... I'm kinda glad I thought my joke before posting, cause that's really mean spirited and pretty over the top, considering there was nothing particularly harmful in those posts. Sometimes my "politeness" tends to stray into "prude" territory

But yes, on the topic of " 'effing crazy fanatics..."

while the brony community does have its good fans, they also have their bad fans. The bad side that comes to mind are the ones who flamed Hasbro's page for taking down the Ponyarchive, the ones who flamed a reviewer on That Guy with the Glasses.com for saying Friendship is magic was okay. That's right, she didn't say it sucked, she didn't in anyway insult the bronies, she only said it was okay.

While certain fans can sometimes leave give one a bad opinion on a show, (Happened with Gurren Lagann, and almost with The show this topic is dedicated to,) A show shouldn't be judged just because of a rabid fan base. Sonic is well known as one of the worst offenders, but I never let it bother me before. Heck, this is the only part Sonic fanbase I've ever seen.

But yes, I try not to judge a show or game from its fans, because there are friendly fans, and there are idiotic fans.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

tl;dr:

fandom_war__mlp_vs_sonic_by_moominded-d4ihjp4.png

pony___love__by_leylahshan-d3j0qus.png

... Oh wait, is this a bad time?

(this is the last shipping you will ever see from me, I promise.tongue.png)

Edited by Sweecrue

Sonic/Rainbow is one of those crossover ships I don't really see happening. :P I do think they would be hilarious "friendly rivals" though.

RE: shipping. I'm definitely a shipper (which I just realized is kind of an awkward word, not sure why I never thought about that before), but I'm one of those shippers who can tell the difference between what's actually canon and what isn't. I'm not going to start claiming that Twilight/Pinkie or PinkieDash two of my favourite FiM ships btw are "totally canon". Well, I HAVE said stuff like that before, but only jokingly. It's kind of sad how most of the pairings I ship in nearly all fandoms are ones that aren't canon. :P

Basically,

...though again, I'm aware it's just a fun fanon diversion. I wouldn't want any serious romantic pairings happening in the actual show, since I like it remaining primarily about friendship and all.

^this, mostly. I wouldn't necessarily object to one of the mane six getting a coltfriend (lol pony pun) or something, but I don't expect it to happen. The show is primarily aimed at young children--even if enough effort is put into the show so older viewers can enjoy it too--and most kids aren't interested in that sort of thing.

51LKZXFxjPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was buying this today.

I ship Pinkie Pie and Applejack and is a fan of Applejack/Rainbow Dash.

I ship ships that catch my interests. The first ship to make me like shipping was Lyra and Bon Bon.

1307587551013.png

I find these two adorable together. I can't resist anything that's LyraXBonBon.

But off of shipping, I still am irritated every time I see an Applejack toy without her hat. It always bugs me. I mean, how hard is it to make a hat. A! HAT! That bugs me to no end. Do they have some against Applejack's hat or something? It really annoys me.

Hasbro hates hats?

The one time I clearly remember seeing an Applejack toy with a hat, it was pink...doesn't really fit her character. At all. :P

It's still not Applejack's hate in the show. Seriously, what do they haven against that brown hat? Do they think little girls will not buy pony toys because of a brown cowboy hat? It makes no sense!

I guess Hasbro makes some silly decisions. I wouldn't know much about that though, I'm not really interested in toys. That being said, I would buy show-accurate toys to support the show. ;)

You guys remember that Hasbro was looking for someone new to be in charge to My Little Pony? Is there anything new on that?

Anyways, Whoever they got, (or will get if they're still looking though applications,) I hope they got someone good. This will mean more show accurate toys if that's the case... Hopefully.

You guys remember that Hasbro was looking for someone new to be in charge to My Little Pony? Is there anything new on that?

Anyways, Whoever they got, (or will get if they're still looking though applications,) I hope they got someone good. This will mean more show accurate toys if that's the case... Hopefully.

Edited by Cheez