Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

The lack of show accuracy is the only thing keeping me from buying some figures. I found this guide on how to trim their manes to be show accurate so I may go buy them now. I also have a little Woody figure with a little hat that may fit Applejack, although i've also seen some fanmade molds of their manes that comes with AJ's hat that you glue on them after removing their G3tastic hair, but I'll just trim them to save money. Also, speaking of fanmade stuff, is it even legal for fans to sell their custom fanmade giant plushies online? (they have gone for $4000+ dollars on ebay)

I'd get the toys too If I knew a thing or two about modding. There was this awesome guide to make them really close to the show, but I'm concerned about cutting their hair wrong and having to dip them in boiling water.

Here's the guide in question in case anyone's curious.

http://scaramouche-fandango.deviantart.com/art/Bad-Mane-Days-258834978

I've been thinking about getting the brushables and then sending them off to one of the people who replace the hair with plastic molds.

I'd get the toys too If I knew a thing or two about modding. There was this awesome guide to make them really close to the show, but I'm concerned about cutting their hair wrong and having to dip them in boiling water.

Here's the guide in question in case anyone's curious.

http://scaramouche-f...-Days-258834978

This is absolutely fantastic.

And no sarcasm intended. I did visit some stores after Christmas with some of my gift cash, but I couldn't find anything that resembled the ponies I know and love from the show.

This changes everything.

A friend bought me a Rainbow Dash figure for Christmas, and it came with a pull-along suitcase and a pet duck.

Just like the actual series, right?

Oh, and anyone thinking of sacrificing brushable hair for show accuracy: don't; I tried, experimentally, to brush Rainbow Dash's admittedly inaccurate hair, and it was unexpectedly extremely enjoyable - I'd hate to lose that feature just for the sake of the toy looking like the cartoon character. They're not unlike each other enough for me to be too irritated by it.

Oh, god, I brushed RD's hair and enjoyed it. Still, I know that I can't be turning gay; my lesbian equine fanfiction is coming along quite nicely... :P

Having just read the last few pages of this thread, I'll say now that I'm quite frankly shocked and disgusted at the sheer hypocrisy and ignorance of some of the posters here; in particular you, Grooseinator032, whose cropped Rule 34 avatar makes it extremely difficult for me to take a single word of your complaints about mostly harmless shipping at all seriously. That, and I found that your posts (and Icy Wind's, actually) were totally thoughtless and ill-informed in relation to the context in which they were posted; not only did I myself already call for a cease-fire in the image-war even before moderators stepped in, but I also made a direct and specific effort to spoiler-tag the images that I used - this means that you only had to see the pictures of your own free will, and weren't affected by them without wanting to be (hell, in my last post, I didn't even use image tags on them).

As someone who frequently indulges in shipping, I feel that I should be allowed to post the occasional image without finding myself being harassed by your name-calling and double-standards - and while I'll admit now that while it wasn't right of us to have an image-war, (and I remind you that I put an end to it) your reactions were more than just a little unjust and unwarranted. I'm not saying that everyone should like shipping, but I am saying that you should check your facts before you run headlong into a flame war, and that none of us particularly like being called "fucking crazy fanatics" by somebody so wholly hypocritical and misinformed as yourself.

Jesus Christ, I'm sorry all right? I'm an asshole and a hypocrite, I get it. drop it now please.

• Thumbs Up 1

New synopsis up on ED (with the best episode title ever):

Double Applejack? What does it mean?

And in regards to Rainbow Dash in this season, I think part of the problem may be that she hasn't really had a role in episodes that aren't strictly about her. In S1 she had a bunch of supporting roles where she helped others out, but in S2 all she had really was helping AJ out in Lesson Zero. I think that may be why, in addition to her exaggerated personality in Mysterious Mare Do Well and Hearth's Warming Eve, she is coming off so poorly this season.

Two Applejack episodes in a row?! And just yesterday I thought I'd be stupid to dream of something on that caliber of awesome.

Also, this might be the best thing ever...Colgate with a double-ended lightsaber. A game or a Jedi Academy mod for that would blow my mind.

I'll post my impressions of the past few episodes later.

2 AJ episodes? I'm totally okay with this.

This one sounds like Boast Busters but maybe with less boasting... and a little more busting.

I'm actually more interested in those brothers, they sound sciency! Let's see what they have to show and if I'm going to want to see more of them in canon and fanon.as well

EDIT: Also, we have 2 Applebloom episodes and AJ also had an important role in Sisterhooves Social.

So much apples!

Edited by gatornament

I'm very happy to see Applejack getting some focus episodes. She's been, by far, the least developed pony of the main cast... So I hope she gets some good character development here!

Edited by Dr. Mechano

So two AJ eps in a row? Fine with that. As for the brothers mentioned in the new episode synopsis, it would be pretty funny their voices were Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters or maybe Bill Nye and Ben Stein.

Now we need to get in some more Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy episodes too.Though I do hope Big Mac gets more lines in the near future.

Yes, I know I made a scene when I watched the first four episodes, and found it to be average. Though admittedly, and I'll be honest, I hate it when Fanbases gush over shows especially ones that received critical acclaim. And In the back of my mind, I was thinking of the fans... So yeah, that kinda muddled my impression of the show. However, after a while, I let it sink in and realized how well made it was. And that I shouldn't let fans affect my opinions.

So yeah, the show's awesome. Though I'm not really planning on getting any of the show's merch though.

You know you're obsession's gotten bad when you do something you vowed you'd never do. I bought myself a Pinkie Pie brushable an hour ago.

I hope you bronies are happy! My Mom and Dad are gonna laugh at me if they ever discover my secret! ;_;

Haha, nah I'm just kidding. I actually don't regret buying Pinkie Pie, In fact, Pinkie's probably one of the better looking toys (Which is more than I can say about certain toys *CoughApplejackandRainbowDashCough*. Just need to find a good tutorial to make her hair look like the show, and I'll be as pleased as punch.

Out of curiosity, Does anyone have parents who find it weird that you like Ponies? Does it piss you off sometimes? I

personally can't stand it when my mom or dad pick on my sisters for liking shows aimed for boys. Dad would always laugh at me for loving powerpuff girls, which was probably why I was so hesitant to watch the show before becoming a brony. Thanks, Dad. -.-;

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

In fact, Pinkie's probably one of the better looking toys (Which is more than I can say about certain toys *CoughApplejackandRainbowDashCough*.

But the Rainbow Dash toys look amazing what are you saying

Funny story, the day after Christmas I was browsing through the MLP section at Target (which admittedly is rather tiny), but while I found a few Pinkie Pies, I couldn't find any of the perfect Rainbow Dash toys I had been eyeing before Christmas (when I didn't have the money to get anything). Walked away disappointed and Rainbow Dash-less. sad.png

Out of curiosity, Does anyone have parents who find it weird that you like Ponies?

Well. I did end up telling my parents, but while my parents didn't necessarily react adversely, their reactions were... different. Dad can't grasp the concept of what MLP is; I explain that it's a TV show and he tells me that he's surprised people watch TV shows (we don't have TV in our house - I watch everything on the Internet). I try to explain the fad and what a brony is, and he just can't wrap his head around the fact that somehow I like a TV show. It's not that it's geared towards kids, it's just the fact that it's a TV show of all things.

I told my mom, and she couldn't care less what I do unless it involves spending too much time on the computer or money. Which unfortunately, it does, and she gets mad about that. It's no different from anything else I do online, including games. So she doesn't hate it for what it is, she hates it for how "it's ruining my future when I should be spending time on work to get ahead".

So I'm pretty used to their reactions already; it was the same way when they found out about my obsession with Pokemon.

(Typing with one hand, this post took far too long to write up. I should make it a point to make shorter posts until my arm heals)

Edited by Hohohovarloard

Out of curiosity, Does anyone have parents who find it weird that you like Ponies? Does it piss you off sometimes?

^ That feeling when you can't tell if someone made a double entendre or just innocently stated something.

My dad asked me about it about 3 months or so after I got into it while I was reading Past Sins on my PSP. He assumed that it was some internet Rule 34 weirdness. I don't know why he came to that assumption, or why he assumed that was the case with me (because no matter how many dirty jokes I tell, how much AppleDash I read or how much I ogle 'Dat JJ Gilda, I have no interest in the show proper in that way); but it honestly was far easier to explain what it actually was about using that as a basis than I thought it was going to be.

My mom doesn't seem to care.

Edited by ChristmasJack

You know you're obsession's gotten bad when you do something you vowed you'd never do. I bought myself a Pinkie Pie

Out of curiosity, Does anyone have parents who find it weird that you like Ponies? Does it piss you off sometimes? I

personally can't stand it when my mom or dad pick on my sisters for liking shows aimed for boys. Dad would always laugh at me for loving powerpuff girls, which was probably why I was so hesitant to watch the show before becoming a brony. Thanks, Dad. -.-;

Dude, it's not gotten bad unless you buy merch to a point that you run out of money to pay your bills or food or other necessities. Or if thinking about it distracts you from your work. Me? I've not bought any merch yet, but only because ofmoney tightness. And it only distracts me from nonimportant tasks, SSMB is what distracts me from schoolwork xD

My Parents thought I was joking when I told them... I don't know what to make of that or what their reactions will be if I prove that I'm honest so I'll just lay low for now :/ but hey, fuck double standards. So hypocritical

So, double AJ. Hopefully they'll be good episodes and not have another maredo well type of episode.

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare

But the Rainbow Dash toys look amazing what are you saying

Those eyes bug the hell out of me... Those eyes look almost like Fluttershy's eyes! I personally would have been fine if It was Pinkie Pie's eyes. But that's just a nitpick. Yes the mane looks excellent, but it's way too long... I guess it's nothing a little trimming wouldn't fix.

Dude, it's not gotten bad unless you buy merch to a point that you run out of money to pay your bills or food or other necessities. Or if thinking about it distracts you from your work. Me? I've not bought any merch yet, but only because ofmoney tightness. And it only distracts me from nonimportant tasks, SSMB is what distracts me from schoolwork xD

My Parents thought I was joking when I told them... I don't know what to make of that or what their reactions will be if I prove that I'm honest so I'll just lay low for now :/ but hey, fuck double standards. So hypocritical

Pinkie Pie's probably the only pony I'm buying for now. You know school and stuff? Besides my parents would be quite concerned if they saw knew if I was more obsessed with ponies than my sister, XD.

Nah, I'm not at all ashamed of buying Pinkie Pie. I've gotten to the point where I'm not ashamed to admit my love for the show... It's my parent's reactions I'm more concerned about, lol.

I may have made it sound like my parents are complete monsters tongue.png They're not cruel, they're just huge trolls and they also really can't grasp the concept of Bronies. When my sister told my mom about Bronies after coming back from a local Anime Convention, she was a bit disturbed to say the least, and even asked my sister if I was one. Luckily, my sister understands how my mom likes to tease, so she kept quiet.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I just bought some toy thingamajig off Toys R Us that has my favorite pony (Pinkie) and my favorite CMC (Sweetie Belle) in it. Good way to start off my toy collecting I think.

I also got a pillow a long while back from them, and it's the best pillow (it's a Pinkie pillow). I never actually use it, but it's so adorable and soft, I love it.

My friends thought I was crazy when I said that I liked this show, but just today one of my friends came up to me in our New Year's Eve Eve party and said he watched an episode the other day and thought it was amazing. My family doesn't give two shits about me watching the show, so that's nice.

Also, Double Applejack. I just hope this isn't as bad as that Double Rainbow we had awhile back.

Edited by Nix

I'm still not super keen on getting more than one episode focusing on a particular character in a row, but these seem like they'll be a lot more varied than what Dash got. I'm really hoping we get something dark and miserable and tear-jerking and dead parents from The Last Roundup, just so Applejack vs. SCIENCE the next week seems even more madcap by comparison.

I'm still most excited for Baby Cakes, though. For God's sake, even that title is adorable.

I've mentioned to a few of my friends that I watch this show, but I don't bring it up particularly often and there are plenty of other weird, non-age-appropriate things that I'm into. Nobody really cares.

...actually, I do remember freaking the hell out of a friend's girlfriend one time when I mentioned a pony by name (I think it was Applejack, but it was a while ago and my memory sucks). That was fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really hoping we get something dark and miserable and tear-jerking and dead parents from The Last Roundup

I laughed so hard at this, and that makes me feel so bad.

Part 2 of MLP: FiM- Turnabout Storm is up!

The following below is purely speculation, and as such may be incorrect:

I think Applebloom ran into Trixie in the Everfree Forest while she was helping with the crime.

Evidence:

1) Trixie mentioned during the testimony of Applebloom that she was brave and courageous, odd considering Applebloom said the thing she bumped into was jumpy.

2) There was actually only 2 lightning bolts from the storm cloud, not 3 as the evidence suggests, and the perceived "2nd bolt of lightning" flash could have come from Trixie's magic, since she uses theatrics so often, and she could have teleported Applebloom out in a panic.

3)Trixie has demonstrated that she can conjure storm clouds in a similar manner to a Pegasi in "Boast Busters", so she could have conjured a fake storm cloud.

4) Her motive could be to humiliate Twilight and Co., due to her past with them.

5) What better person to understand the crime and try to cover it up than the person who aided in committing it?

Are you sure? You can turn back now.

Methinks that Ace Swift had a crush on Rainbow Dash, due to the pictures we never got to see (What do you think it was anyways?), and Rainbow Dash and Ace Swift were either seeing each other, or Ace Swift set up a blind date in the forest without Rainbow's knowledge. Trixie saw it as a good opportunity to use the conjured storm cloud to kill Rainbow Dash in revenge for her association with Twilight Sparkle, but Ace Swift intercepted. Rainbow Dash stopped the storm cloud and flew off to get help, but was mistaken (or framed by Trixie) as the killer. This would also explain why Rainbow Dash was so keen on not letting anyone know what she was doing there: to her, a date with anyone would seem embarrassing.

Edited by Enigma2Me
  • Thumbs Up 4