Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS

Oh sweet mother of all things marvelous... that was *SQUEE*ing awesome.. MORE APPLEJACK DANIELS!!!

Now bring on my Applejack episode.

Yes, bring on that Applejack episode!

Todays episode was the best of season 2 and worth the wait.

Recenlty watched the new episode and it was good and Granny's backstory was interesting. But can't wait for the next one with Pinkie Pie.

Going back to the Valentine's ep. for a bit, for some reason, I can't help that there have been hints about what's to come in the ep. That is TwiMac esp. with the whole incidents with Return of Harmony and Lesson Zero. It may be just wishful thinking and meaning nothing, but it'll be interesting if the ep involves the two.

Though maybe some kind of love triangle might develope as well if Fluttershy is involved or somepony else (at least, it wouldn't be as bad as the Sonic comics, right?......Right?!). I don't mind if it is Fluttershy centered as well since she hasn't have an ep. soley dedicated to her yet in this season and as mentioned, it'll be interesting who she have a crush on or what she'll do on that day.

Though speaking of Valentine's Day song, it could be similar to this (well the first half before 2:28):

Edited by AdventChild

HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS HAY BACON STRIPS

Foul mouthed ponies are best ponies.

A Valentine's Day ep? I'm curious as to how they'll handle that considering the utter lack of male characters in the series. I'm sure there'll be SpikeXRarity moments, but I can't imagine what else.

Valentines Day episode...nothing good can from this but agony and shipping wars, so I'm gonna gather up a crew for the upcoming war.

Speaking as someone who ships a lot of pairings, if a shipping war starts because of the Valentines episode, I'll just kick back and laugh. Some people take shipping way too seriously~

I dunno, I kinda get the feeling the Valentines episode will go the Sponge Bob route (Minus the psycho Patrick... Then again, knowing the writers...) and only give valentines cards to friends rather than crushes.

I wonder how people would react to that? :P

That actually sounds like something they'd do, and I'd actually be okay with that. Canon shipping could complicate things, at least if it's the mane cast.

I definitely expect there to be some Spike/Rarity, even if it's one-sided as ever. Poor Spike...

I definitely expect there to be some Spike/Rarity, even if it's one-sided as ever. Poor Spike...

Me too

The Sniper read aloud his letter to Princess Celestia, so it'd be only fair that GLaDOS would follow suit, no?

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 4

I dunno, I kinda get the feeling the Valentines episode will go the Sponge Bob route (Minus the psycho Patrick... Then again, knowing the writers...) and only give valentines cards to friends rather than crushes.

I wonder how people would react to that? tongue.png

I wonder how people would react to that? tongue.png

That would make more sense, considering there's a lack of male characters to ship the Mane 6 with.

One thing that should be mentioned if you really want to overanalyze it is that Granny's backstory is either contradictory to stuff we were already told (Ponyville is hundreds of years old, as Twilight infodumped in Winter Wrap Up) or Granny Smith is truly ancient.

Edited by Tornado

Or Twilight was actually incorrect when she said Ponyville was "hundreds of years old." That's possible.

Ponyville might be just over a hundred years old; It's a little more feasible Granny Smith could be that old and still living.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twilight? Wrong about nerdy stuff she read in a book?

*noblewoman's laugh*

Anyway:

image.jpeg

Popper up in the LA times this morning, apparently.

Mad-men-title-card.jpg

Edited by Tornado

Or, there could have been some kind of apocalyptic event that wiped out whatever town came before Ponyville, and the current Ponyville is actually Ponyville 2; providing that the older town was also called Ponyville, this would make both Twilight's statement in Winter Wrap-Up and Granny Smith's story technically correct.

And technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 3

Twilight? Wrong about nerdy stuff she read in a book?

*noblewoman's laugh*

Anyway:

image.jpeg

Popper up in the LA times this morning, apparently.

Mad-men-title-card.jpg

The HUB has the best advertisement team ever.

"Celebrating the three apple lunch" XD

One thing that should be mentioned if you really want to overanalyze it is that Granny's backstory is either contradictory to stuff we were already told (Ponyville is hundreds of years old, as Twilight infodumped in Winter Wrap Up) or Granny Smith is truly ancient.

Well...

Twilight says "Earth Ponies cleaned up winter without magic", the hundred years part can either be granny Smith being younger than what she showed us in her story (making her ancient but not so much) or the nerdy bookworm exaggerating a bit her claims about Winter Wrap up (and it's not like she hasn't exaggerated things before), or a bit of both.

Also, notice the book she might have read (I don't think a book was ever mentioned) is about "traditions and lore" (she speaks of "the earth pony way" as a tradition) who tend to mix fiction and truth.

There is also this little post:

Or, there could have been some kind of apocalyptic event that wiped out whatever town came before Ponyville, and the current Ponyville is actually Ponyville 2; providing that the older town was also called Ponyville, this would make both Twilight's statement in Winter Wrap-Up and Granny Smith's story technically correct.

And technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Considering how close Ponyville is to the Everfree forest which used to be the place where the pricnesses lived before the Nightmare Moon incident [/most common headcanon] I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened, maybe they decided to call the new town Ponyville in honor of the fallen city...

This also makes me think about G3 (But IIRC it contradicts what was stated in Heart's Warming Eve and most of the world building episodes so I'll not say anything else about it)

It also makes me think about this little video:

Granny Smith is also ancient here :V

Edited by gato

Quick question: are the earlier MLP Generations (G1-3.5) still canon?

If so, then I have a book's worth of Wiki to wade through...