Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Why the hell do you guys keep reading that shit? If you are going to read something that ruins your entire day, at least read something that is good.
For me it's just bile fascination. Kind of like looking at a car crash even when it's awful. Plus I've already seen a lot so it never really takes me more than about 2 minutes to get over it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that part of why I read cupcakes was so I wouldn't get confused with the all of the references in other fanfics or on message boards.

Edited by Steelers2056

I think I died a little from reading that horror fic (yay, curiousness!). *Insert whywouldyoudothis.img here*

Edited by Torcano Havoc

Tornado it's stupid morbid curiosity. But I will say I won't read Cherillie's Garden if it's like SAM, no more morbid lurings. Now if you'll excuse me, I have many chapters of Shipping & Handling to catch up on.

Then let that be a lesson for you.

No, I still haven't gotten up the nerve to continue it.

Want me to write you a letter about that?

No?

Too bad.

D8Vtu.jpg

ps: I managed to read the whole thing while you didn't so I'm still right about that.

In a less silly note, Mane 6 (the guys behind Fighting is Magic) have posted a few videos of their BroNYcon panel.

• Thumbs Up 2

CoffeeGrunt, wherever you are, Allegrezza is genius.

I feel like I'm cheating on Luna, loving it so much. :>

Hey guys! Guess what time it is...

WvkrD.jpg

Witchcraft! (gypsy magic)

We are getting a Pinkie episode! Actually, we are getting a Pinkie episode when she might be responsible for once (or at least try to be), maybe her friends will be there for the ride or maybe it's going to be a mostly solo episode...

I wonder if the guys @StudioB are going to be consistent and use the MMDW baby designs that everypony hated... Maybe we will get something that looks like G3.5 baby ponies... That will surely please the bronydom...

And there are so many cute and fun baby movies/books/tropes to make references to...

Actually I just know (or remember) that movie called "Baby's day out" mellow.png , so I hope to see at least a reference to that one. (maybe we will finally get to see Ponyville's zoo :V)

Anyway, as for things I would like to happen but will most likely not... Every time I think about "babies episode" I can't avoid thinking about "the talk"... So, yeah....

There were more things I wanted to talk about before this episode, but I forgot them. sad.png

So have some Rarity:

See ya in a few hours! biggrin.png

Edited by gato

Interesting.

Newborn Ponies (this episode): Adorable.

Infant Ponies (Mare Do Well): JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING.

Childhood Ponies (Captain British): Adorable (well, he was annoying, but I'm talking about designs here)

Adolescent Ponies (CMC): Adorable

Young Adult Ponies (Mane Six): Adorable

So what the hell happens at that step to cause such a thing?

Edit:

'Dat Angry Pie.

Edited by Tornado

So Pound Cake learned how to fly before Scootaloo did?

And even Pumpkin Cake learned to fly (by using magic) before Scootaloo did?

Then again, chickens can't fly.laugh.png

Edited by Sweecrue

So Pound Cake learned how to fly before Scootaloo did?

And Pumpkin Cake can use her magic better than Sweetie Belle? That must suck.

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good episode. Really good in fact. Let's say, Top 5 in the Season?

Lots of fun Pinkie Pie, and a lot of stuff outside of her usual "range."

Edited by Tornado

Those baby ponies: HNGGGGGG, they must've been aware of the crappy baby from Mare do Well and decided to fix that.

Pound and Pumpkin are too adorable, I demand to see more of them.

I just want to say this episode was great, the part where the babies are the one's trying to comfort Pinkie was too adorable for words. Also, the episode also managed to creep me the fuck out when Pinkie was looking for Pound, I mean goddammit, that was just eerie as fuck.

Loved this episode, I've been waiting for long to see a episode where Pinkie has to confront a problem that she can't solve by merely being random childish Pinkie. I also loved the setup of Pinkie dealing with ponies more unpredictable than herself.

Also pony genetics confirm Dinky isn't adopted and interracial couples are canon.

Ehh, for some reason I'm actually annoyed at how the babies are able to do things the Crusaders can't.

... I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get that out of my head before I start ranting tomorrow (or Monday).

Then again, I've been busy as heck and the stream (or most likely, my internet) failed me so I might have missed something. (like, all the positives this chapter brought so I can weight them against this negative feelings I'm having)

Am I the only one who's first thought when seeing a pegasus and unicorn baby was that Mrs. Cake was messing around on Mr. Cake? I think all of those fanfics are starting to mess with me.

Also, Holy crap, Those babies are superpowered.

Am I the only one who's first thought when seeing a pegasus and unicorn baby was that Mrs. Cake was messing around on Mr. Cake?

Ponibooru scuttlebutt is that that might have been intentional.

Also:

112021%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20morning_ponies%20pound_cake%20pumpkin_cake.png

Also:

112065%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20pound_cake%20scootaloo.jpg

Edited by Tornado

Really liked the episode and Pinkie was great in it to deal with ponies a bit more unpredictable than her.

On the subject of pony genetics, which I probably shouldn't be thinking too much or overanalyzing about, is that it seems baffling that two Earth ponies (I assume) would give birth to a pegasus AND a unicorn. I would expect this to happen to at least for interracial pairings of said types of ponies yet for two earth ponies, it just seems confusing.

This could have been brought up in Cutie Mark Chronicles that the some of the Mane Cast have little to no resemblance to their parents i.e. Pinkie. It is also true for the babies, well, Pumpkin looks like the dad, but Pound barely resembles either. That I could probably bat an eye at. However, to make them into a unicorn and pegasus seems just an excuse as a plot device or just cause more troublesome antics for Pinkie to deal with, which does work in its favor almost. But they were already enough trouble without their abilities, and still would have work if they were just earth ponies like their parents.

A bit of nitpicking, but it was still an overall good episode and Top 5 or 3 worthy to say the least. It had good character development for Pinkie and the interactions with the babies were good as well. Stand up Pie was pretty funny, and the Trainspotting reference caught me a bit offguard and was kinda creepy. It'll definitely spawn a lot of Grimdark fics/pics sadly enough. Also, really like the improvement on the newborn/baby designs which is better than the one in Mare-Do-Well. Definitely can't wait for more Pinkie eps.

A great episode for a Pinkie Pie fanboy such as myself, lol. I think everyone's said what needs to be said about this episode... I loved it!

Too... much... cute.

* Those babies. Oh, those babies.

* I love the explanation on how the babies could be a pegasus and a unicorn.

* Everyone's reasons for not being able to babysit were kind of... lame/rude/inconsiderate.

* Pinkie Pie was freakin' awesome in this episode. One of her best performances.

* Rarity: Oh-no-no-no-no-no-no.

* The standup comedy bit was classic. I loved the random cough from the non-existant crowd.

* OINK OINK OINK! NOM NOM NOM!!!

* Didn't get any "SQUEE" this season yet, so they made up for it with multiple "SQUEE" from the rubber chicken. Nice.

* The climax was handled great with a totally sweet touch at the end with the flour gag. Loved that.

EDIT:

112090%20-%20applejack%20higher_res%20plot%20rarity%20s2e13.jpg

blink.png Either someone created a time paradox, or... OH DEAR LORD.

Easily one of the best episodes.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 2