Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I loved this episode. Pinkie Pie is always a lot of fun, and it was great to see her back to her madcap zaniness again.

Some highlights:

- Mr. and Mrs. Cake. I've always liked them, and they had some great moments here.

- Rarity's scene, while brief, was great. "Oh, no no no no no..." Seems Rarity isn't good with babies.

- Pinkie's attempts to calm the babies down, particularly the stand-up routine.

- The babies trying to cheer Pinkie up in the end.

- "Pinkie..." "...Pie." D'awww, they like her.

All in all, very solid episode. Pinkie got some great character development, and while she's still the same fun-loving party animal, it was about time she learned a little about responsibility. Season 2 continues to impress.

^ My favourite character is probably Luna, too, but only because it's so damn fun to imagine her backstory, and the general plot behind her.

In more ways than one.

• Thumbs Up 2

They actually explained it in the intro of the episode as a nice little safeguard.

You mean they actually put effort into explaining some events of the chapter that could have easily passed as something only being done because Rule of Funny?

Woah. :o

(still haven't watched the episode)

Do you know what? Scratch my before statement, I like this show! My favourite character is Princess Luna for some reason

There are lots of reasons to like Luna, she is an awesome character... (despite only gracing us with her true and whole presence only one time in the whole series)

Of course, there is also "fanon/before canon Luna" (sometimes known as Woona), so I'm not sure who are you talking about.

Of course, there is also "fanon/before canon Luna" (sometimes known as Woona), so I'm not sure who are you talking about.

I don't know anything about the fanon so I'm just sticking with canon Luna.

Derpy Hooves is also a favourite too!

If you read fanfiction like Common Sky, they align quite nicely.

WOOOOONNNNAAAA was, outside of a few pieces (Common Sky being one of them, yes; but Progress was another big one), pretty much just Fluttershy with a thousand years of angst glued on.

Which was fine (Well, no. I actually always hated the "Luna is a woobie and that is the entirety of her character" schtick), but Canon Luna is still much better than that particular fanon depiction of her.

Edited by Tornado

I don't know anything about the fanon so I'm just sticking with canon Luna.

Derpy Hooves is also a favourite too!

>Knows nothing about fanon.

>Derpy is a favourite.

Well now I'm confused, I mean, there are reasons to like Derpy... But most of all of her character is fanon, outside it she is just random background pony who pops out here and there. (sometimes in funny situations).

But as I said before there are still reasons to like her (and I guess this counts for Luna too)... Design might be the most obvious example, there are a lot of characters that are liked just for that (my avatar character "pre-502" might be another good example of that, though in my case I also love the fanon surrounding her).

EDIT: I find funny how I start being confused about something and then I end up answering my own questions. >_>

EDIT2: Can't shake the feeling that if I hadn't answered myself this would have been a rather rude post, sorry for that. sleep.png

If you read fanfiction like Common Sky, they align quite nicely.

Yeah, I should have mentioned they can be in the same place. (I consider Progress a nice mix of both too)

Anyway, my memory might fail me but isn't that fic (Common Sky) the one that has Twilight going with Luna to an old observatory in the Everfree while most of the mane 6 went to a rock concert?

Because I didn't like that one. tongue.png

Edited by 502 Bad gatoway

>Knows nothing about fanon.

>Derpy is a favourite.

Well now I'm confused, I mean, there are reasons to like Derpy... But most of all of her character is fanon, outside it she is just random background pony who pops out here and there. (sometimes in funny situations).

But as I said before there are still reasons to like her (and I guess this counts for Luna too)... Design might be the most obvious example, there are a lot of characters that are liked just for that (my avatar character "pre-502" might be another good example of that, though in my case I also love the fanon surrounding her).

EDIT: I find funny how I start being confused about something and then I end up answering my own questions. >_>

EDIT2: Can't shake the feeling that if I hadn't answered myself this would have been a rather rude post, sorry for that. sleep.png

I've just started so don't worry. For some reason I've always prefered the characters that have never really hogged the limelight.
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ehh, for some reason I'm actually annoyed at how the babies are able to do things the Crusaders can't.

Edited by SuperStingray

I'll ignore fanon ponies, because my answer for favourite ones of those is more predictable than Toro's answer for fave mundane mane six pairing. :P

But yeah, favourite canon ponies are probably Rarity > Pinkie > Twilight > Fluttershy > Rainbow Dash > AppleJack.

I don't think it's permanent though- at the beginning of the episode Rarity said baby unicorns get strange magic bursts that come and go, so Sweetie Belle probably went through the same as a newborn. It's possible the same goes for pegasi too in regards to wings.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll ignore fanon ponies, because my answer for favourite ones of those is more predictable than Toro's answer for fave mundane mane six pairing. tongue.png

But yeah, favourite canon ponies are probably Rarity > Pinkie > Twilight > Fluttershy > Rainbow Dash > AppleJack.

This is something I wanted to leave for my long post tomorrow (or Monday), but since you already brought it up.

Magic outburst happen, but if we remember back in boast busters Twilight says that unicorns only develop magic that help with their special talent, Twilight being a special case because her talent is magic itself.

What does this means for little Pumpkin, who was able to develop a portal like spell? What kind of special talent would be that?

Best pony discussions? Me? I would never!

*Looks at list for Allegrezza fanart for the week's roundup.*

I have 7 fanarts and two fan musics I could post. I could end this argument with brute force alone!

What does this means for little Pumpkin, who was able to develop a portal like spell?

I smell Aperture Laboratories: Ponyville Style! Which Means...

I have 7 fanarts and two fan musics I could post

You're about to have more fan music, once I get my laptop back. :P

That's not the only thing she does...

I'm blaming my lack of info to the fact I haven't watched the episode yet. laugh.png

So Pumpkin can go through solid objects and she can fly whenever she finds it convenient. And many other things I might have not spotted...

I guess we can all conclude, her special talent is random 4th wall breaking/reality warping! Like Pinkie! ohmy.png

Anyways, Pumpkin might be special like Twilight, who really knows? The way I see it, Twilight isn't/wasn't the only one with a talent for magic (I'd imagine Star Swirl the Bearded and his apprentice are both gifted with a talent for magic too).

On a side but similar note, I demand a fan-fic that has Twilight taking up Pumpkin as her apprentice.

I never meant to say Twilight was a 1 in a million years case when it comes to magic, sorry if I sounded like that, I bet there are more magical unicorns out there...

As for Starswirl and Clover... Eh... I have a rather convoluted fanon about them so I better shut up.

And yes. I do demand fanfiction of them, but then again, I tend to demand fanfiction of pretty much every single episode. tongue.png

I'm pretty sure the implied character in question is already proof of that.

I know. biggrin.png

Best pony discussions? Me? I would never! *Looks at list for Allegrezza fanart for the week's roundup.* I have 7 fanarts and two fan musics I could post. I could end this argument with brute force alone!

No you can't.

I've seen GTP, last time I checked was a 800 and something pages thread worth of non-stop best pony fight. (I wouldn't be surprised if right now it's around 1000 or 1100 pages).

It won't stop.... Don't do it...

*might be over dramatizing things a little*

EDIT:

How the fuck that was put together in just a few hours I can't understand.

I guess the same way they put the Zap Apples in "Epic Pie Time", I mean, have the animation done before the episode airs and then make some last minute edits and have it published a few hours after...

That or they are cyborgs like JJ.

(also quoting post so people can watch the vid without going back one page)

Well. That was dark.

You're still too young. You just don't understand. You do not spill a man's mare's Jack Daniels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apart from the fact that tonight's lousy internet connection meant that I had to let this buffer for an HOUR to watch it in 240p, this episode was absolutely great; Pinkie is maturing to a point where her "Pinkieness" is balanced with at least some degree of sense, (Pinkie Sense doesn't count, of course) the Cake kids are super-cute, and Twilight is as adorkable as ever - perfect characterisation coupled with a great plot and a good message, and we have a fantastic addition to an already outstanding season of FiM. Awesome!

Pinkie Pie is best Po*shot*