Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Why, thank you! It's an honor coming from the one of the guys whose threads pretty much got me to log in in this forum. tongue.png

Oh, really? Haha, I'm flattered as well then!

Really though, this board has too many people who make awesome, well thought-out posts. I feel totally spoiled by this community sometimes.

Also, I'm not sure how are you going to take it, but that human looks like something from Unleashed (which is awesome IMO, it makes me think a bit about both art styles), I feel like it needs some corrections in the face though (I feel the blush looks a little misplaced).

And the skin tone is not what I would expect but I can see it happening.

Thanks for the honest critique! Even though my art's only an infrequent hobby that I do for fun, I'm always trying to improve.

And looking like the style in Unleashed is definitely a compliment!

EDIT: Fixed the blush a bit, made it more of a subtle animesque style.

transparentno.png

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

have no Idea what Tremolo is but now I'm guessing it's a sequel... Now that I think about it didn't you mention some kind of sequel in your interview?

HI GURLS! Hey guise! Any of you remember that Cupcakes video posted this morning? You know, the one that I was the only soulless bastard to,"like"?, No? Neither do I! But here is some totally awesome animation of Pinkie and Dash dancing that is in no way related to any video that we would rather not talk about...

Gee, I can only hope they fix that animation error of Dash having no wings after 0:09.

Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy

Yeah, people want an Allegrezza sequel, and one'll come...eventually. I'm doing Heartstrings and Gumdrops first, though, which is a sorta prequel around Lyra and Bonbon.

I thought you would give lesbian equines a rest for a while... You could try to give that HALO (franchise that I never played) fanfic another go.

Not that I'm complaining. (nor whining)

Edited by 502 Bad gatoway

A friend of mine came across the G1 pony reaction towards newborn twins.

Let's just say that Pound and Pumpkin cake were lucky to be G4 ponies...

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Christ, some of the songs in that show are probably litteraly among the worst songs ever written for TV.

I might however point of that those spiteful, one-toothed ponies in the video aren't the adult MLP's, they are in fact babies themselves. It's kinda funny how the adult ponies in the original show were a lot cuter than the babies, both in terms of personality and due to not having those butt-ugly mouths with one tooth sticking out.

Edited by batson

I thought you would give lesbian equines a rest for a while... You could try to give that HALO (franchise that I never played) fanfic another go.

Not that I'm complaining. (nor whining)

I plan to give VinylTavia a rest, still gunna be writing a LyraBon. Moving onto a dystopian fic as well, which should be fun. Also planning a rejuvenation of the Halo fic, it's had a surprising, little stream of interest lately for reasons I don't fully understand.

My God, as if I needed more reasons to despise the originals.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't get a chance to give my thoughts on the newest episode due to being out of town for business, but despite the plot itself being cliche, I thought the episode was well done. I'm not going to lie on how adorable those babies looked, and it was nice to see Pinkie Pie handle a more serious situation for a change rather than her use antics. The way the babies tried to comfort her in the end with the flour gag was just too cute for words!

Guess what, guys? My TwiLuna fanfic, Music of the Night, has just made its debut onto DeviantArt - well, the first chapter of [undisclosed amount] has, at least. And yes; you should most definitely check it out:

http://extaticus.deviantart.com/art/Music-of-the-Night-Chapter-1-279808676

Music of the Night - Chapter 1

The first chapter of my first ever piece of fanfiction for anything ever is finally here and finished - and it's MLP stuff. OH LOL.

Nonetheless, this will later devolve into shipping between two of the multiple characters introduced in this mammoth wall-'o'-text, and I'm not going to award any prizes for he or she who guesses the right pairing.

Enjoy, and please feed back your thoughts in the comments!

PS: There will be points awarded for whoever spots the most pop culture references. XD

Thanks in advance for reading and enjoying it!

You see? Now you're OBLIGED to. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Finally The Last Roundup is on saturday.

http://mlp.wikia.com...he_Last_Roundup

From the sounds of things, this episode might play out like Winnie the Pooh's In Search for Christopher Robin, where Pooh and friends thought Christopher was kidnapped or something, but it happened to be that he was safe at school and they misunderstood a note from him because it was ruined when it was covered in honey. Though Pooh gets in trouble of being stuck in a cave or being covered in rocks or something, and Christopher saves him (Can't believe I remember this movie

mellow.png ...).

I'm guessing the episode would probably be something like that or that she could be really be in trouble by some kind of rival rodeo star or gang and the rest of the Manes have to save her.

Edited by AdventChild

From the sounds of things, this episode might play out like Winnie the Pooh's In Search for Christopher Robin, where Pooh and friends thought Christopher was kidnapped or something, but it happened to be that he was safe at school and they misunderstood a note from him because it was ruined when it was covered in honey. Though Pooh gets in trouble of being stuck in a cave or being covered in rocks or something, and Christopher saves him (Can't believe I remember this movie

mellow.png ...).

I remember that movie. It was chilling as hell, at least for my age then.

Edited by SuperStingray

THE LISTINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED. INFO FOR "Hearts and Hooves" IS HERE!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : Hearts and Hooves Day S02, E17(First Aired: February 11, 2012) The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in love.

CANONICAL IN-SHOW BIG MACINTOSH SHIPPING.

tumblr_luh9xvt33W1qenq1v.jpg

Oh, how I do love how they didn't touch the mane six with a 39½ pole on this one! Still hoping to see something between Spike and Rarity in this episode, though.

That, and perhaps some background pony hijinks between Lyra/Heartstrings and Bon-Bon.

also why am i such a lazy fark i would post my sentiments about the last episode but i have become far too lazy to follow through with it D:

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 4

Welp, that's a surprise. Them Fluttermac folks gon' be mad.

I hope Mac and Cheerilee really do fall in love and stay that way, rather than everything being the result of a misunderstanding or a spell that's undone by the end of the episode. One of the advantages of doing this kind of plotline with minor characters instead of getting the Mane Six involved is that you can change the status quo without really interfering in the episodes' ability to be viewed in any order. They gave the Cakes new babies in the last episode rather than just pretending that they'd existed all along, so there is a bit of a precedent for change among the minor characters.

Also, since this is a CMC-focused episode, I demand some Snails/Twist on the side. It'd be PWETHIOUTH.

*reads description*

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-brace-yourselves.png

BRACE YOURSELVES, SHIPPING IS COMING!

​I believe I said this before, but this episode is going to be hilarious no matter what happens. laugh.png

And now, let's take a trip outside of canon shipping for a while!

FANFICTION TIME! ("Capcom Sequel Stagnation" edition)

- That feeling when you realize you've been complaining about your post being too short when that was pretty much your only reason to make this things something weekly.

- that moment you remember your last long posts were because you had exceptionaly boring weeks instead of your usual "busy as heck".

- That instant when you realize you also forgot to add things to your episode review like some bad Street Fighter jokes and point that one of your favourite little scenes were watching twilight having NO reaction at all to seeing Pinkie with a diaper on her head.

Memory is not my forte... dry.png

I also forgot to add some little more bits about the Pony POV series.

First, I didn't meant to sound negative when I said Trixie was just another Vegeta, I meant she was becoming more like a second hero... Which could turn into something bad... It's a bit complicated (I don't like the idea of Trixie's role in the story not being unique)

And I didn't get to mention them but I really liked the Sonic references, my head almost explodes when I was reading a song and then I realized it was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwpC0pjb1i8.

Now let's go back to your regular nerdraeg.

Ultra Eternal Prodigal Furious Very Big Sonic Fearless Perpetual Heroic Epic Legendary:

Oh now I get where Osten gets his powers...

Out of freaking nowhere...

Yeah...

That is going to take some points out, but the story it's still interesting, the mystery behind this world still calls me, we've learned a bit about Slay Belle and his mother, we also learned about something that is turning adventurers into evil overlord-wannabes... (like poor Rococco)

Also, Argenta joined the group and Osten got another adjective! smile.png

This chapter also gets bonus points for having a character singing Hellfire (though rather badly if you ask me) and Osten asking if they are going to battle with poetry before starting with the epic light vs. dark magic combat.

Brave new world:

So it seems like shame of the night has forced Spike (and I guess Celestia) to make haste and do some exposition time with our heroines...

Other than that, I'm regretting having read this story, I mean, it's good, catchy, has some suspense and it's an interesting take with the idea of turning the mane 6 into humans... But it's so painfully slow, I was expecting this story to cover the whole first season (and maybe end with RoH) but we have 9 chapters and we still haven't gotten past the pilot. D.

The author also hinted that he doesn't really plan to go beyond that point.

I'm a bit disappointed about that... But I already started reading this and this little tale managed to get me hooked, so I guess I'll have to keep going.

My little alicorn:

This chapter...

We didn't only got an explanation about what's inside Pinkie, we also found about Kuchen, his relationship with Celestia and why does the Pie clan fear her so much...

And it's show in a quite powerful way...

For starters, we get to know that Celestia wasn't always as wise as she is now and had tried to do a fair share of stupid and terrible things to bring her sister back, the most notable of them (as far as we know) was using Kuchen's incredible talent to solve problems to try to device a spell to bring her sister back, everything goes fine until the day the spell is supposed to be done is getting near and Celly grows impatient... Really impatient, to the point of telling the unicorn to abandon his whole life (wife and children included) to get to work in the spell..

... The unicorn doesn't take it too well...

Kuchen pretty much goes insane in his research and starts to do his own investigation, Celestia is way too centered in bringing Luna back so she doesn't care and let him do as he pleases, but as the day of the spell gets near and there is no sing of his apprentice the sun princess grows impatient and is thinking about taking actions... Until she receives a package, a book of the most disgusting nature and with dark spells way beyond anypony's imagination... Wrote by Kuchen himself... But not only that, Kuchen also left Celestia a little present...

Do any of you guys remembers the "suit" Pinkie wears in Cupcakes?... Yeah... Something like that...

Celestia can't let this keep going and finds Kuchen in an old barn where he reveals his secret research... In his investigation he apparently found out about more alicorns living many years ago, and apparently the last of them (known as Nightmare Moon) was killed by the sun princess herself! Kuchen then starts thinking that Celestia killed all the alicorns so nopony could oppose her tyrannical rule... He starts screaming to Celly, call her fraud and other many things, then he reveals his project, he had to sacrifice many ponies for it but he believes found a way to turn all the ponies into alicorns, to create a true and equal society, no longer being afraid of the false princess...

Celestia then proceeds to tell her the real story behind the mare in the moon... And once again, the unicorn doesn't take it well... I wouldn't either, she pretty much told Kuchen that his whole research, the reason he pretty much forfeit his own life and brought many unicorns to death was for naught! That all of this was useless! Kuchen refuses to believe this and keeps screaming and calling out Celestia, the argument continues until Celestia just can't take it anymore and snaps Kuchen's neck...

Yeah...

Celestia tries to leave this nightmare (huehuehue) behind (she even drops her plan to free Luna) but Kuchen already planned for this, he pretty much casted a possession spell in all his family, now they all know what he knows... And that's how Kuchens descendants ended up like they are...

Even after all that exposition, the chapter still has time to introduce a lot of D'awwww inducing scenes, and we still have prince Douche's plan going in motion, not to mention those blue flowers that are currently in the garden...

This fic is great! biggrin.png

Fallout: Equestria - Pink eyes: (Completed! but I'm at chapter 14)

This fic is memetastic, but if you can get over this (and Fallout: Equestria in general) then you are in for a really good read!

Enter Puppysmiles! A filly who got the awful luck of living in Canterlot while the Megaspells that started the world of Fallout: Equestria were being unleashed and the pink cloud started spreading over the land...

For mysterious causes, Puppy survived and transformed herself in something akin to a Canterlot ghoul (and fused to the rad suit she was wearing during those moments)... The little filly wakes up 200 years after the megaspells hit (similar time to when Little Pip leaves stable 2), she has no idea what happened to her house (nor the whole city for what matters) and decides to start looking for her mother (totally oblivious to the fact her mother is most likely dead beacuse it has been 200 years since the last time she saw her).

The story is amazing, it doesn't really run out by action nor the combat or game systems like other Fallout fics (that I'm aware of) because Puppy is actually quite the immortal abomination (seriously, latter you learn the kind of sad monstrosity she is)...

You read me right, Puppy is technically immortal, so what's the point or conflict in a story with such a god-like protagonist? well, for starters, the way the filly deals with problems and her dialogues are quite endearing and entertaining (she is like a pony lolcat, as I said before, memetastic!), her interaction with other characters is great, her naive attitude and overall positive thinking highly contrast with the wasteland (and the rest of living beings who live here), this sort of interactions tend to end up as both funny, hearwarming and tearjerkers... Her interactions with many machines ("Mister Voice" is pretty much E-123 Omega as I've truly imagined him laugh.png ) and other abnormal entities are awesome too!

Puppy's quest is also quite catching, she is looking for a pony who was last seen 200 years ago, and so far there is little hope that she managed to survive the last days of the war... But I just can't stop hoping for a happy ending...

That's another interesting point in the story, Puppy is so innocent and happy... And you almost know something is going to happen in this crapsack world that is going to try to take that away... So far it seems to be going fine but her encounters with "Mister Blue" were quite touching... One doesn't want things to become depressing, but we are talking about the wasteland here...

Chapter 13's ending was quite awesome, so I'm going to keep reading this fic once I'm finished with this post.

I've also read this fic (pegacorns) but so far I have nothing to say about it.

And that's it for today! Come again next week when you can see how I've already given up to the idea of reading certain crossover (it's not finished anyways, and it hasn't been updated in a while), the conclusion of "Pink Eyes", an earth pony trying to do magic and that sequel of a sequel that I left hanging last week (and I really want to read that one, so chances are I'm going to get to it once I'm finished with Puppysmile's tale), also, I might or not keep ignoring Ex's fanfic...

Edited by 502 Bad gatoway

Official shipping? Quite carefully kept away from the Mane 6, I see, though it still could be extremely interesting for Applebloom; I've personally never quite approved of teachers going off with siblings or parents of their students, and I'm fairly sure that the rest of her class won't, either - and much lulz shall ensue if magic is involved.

I'm wondering, too, whether or not they'll sneak in some subtle Lyra/Bonbon shipping in the background - honestly, it would be revolutionary if, keeping in with the series' themes of acceptance, MLP became the first cartoon to display homosexual romantic affection (even if it is in a small, insignificant and generally unnoticeable way) rather than just paving over the subject like most shows do.

Might try to add a "fanfiction time" later to avoid making this post so useless.

Cool. Read mine. :>

OH GODDAMNIT, SHIPPING IN THE OFFICIAL SHOW?! GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!!!!

Nah, I kid. While I'm not a shipper, I can tolerate official couples... (And Lyra and Bon Bon to be honest.) Another Cutie Mark Crusaders episode? Dang, how many of these kids are we gonna get this season? Not that I'm complaining anyways.

I'm wondering, too, whether or not they'll sneak in some subtle Lyra/Bonbon shipping in the background - honestly, it would be revolutionary if, keeping in with the series' themes of acceptance, MLP became the first cartoon to display homosexual romantic affection (even if it is in a small, insignificant and generally unnoticeable way) rather than just paving over the subject like most shows do.

This is not what I had in mind for a Big Mac episode.....

Seriously, I think this is a bad way to count as Big Mac centric esp. when the CMC are involved and shipping with a couple that is least popular no less! Also, not too a fanatic of shipping, but I prefer TwiMac or Fluttermac above all else so this kinda upsets me. To me, I think a BM episode would be a bit more 'action packed' and show how strong he is and show us a bit more of his personality and character before we get into love. I would like it if it were to bring us back to Appaloosa so he could interact with his cousin and townsfolk, and probably help out the town in someway such as helping out other individuals with personal or social issues or maybe helping to get rid a gang of outlaws that recently terrorizing the town with the sheriff or something like that. A Valentine's Day ep.? Not likely the way to go esp. something Big Mac related. At least, for a 2nd or 3rd centric episode I could see, but not first.

Also, I'm kind of hoping that it'll be one of those misunderstandings where Big Mac and Cherilee are just good or great friends and nothing more than that, and they are interested in other people or not ready to get into a relationship with anyone yet. Another thing again is that the CMC are getting involved. Who would think this going to go all well in the first place? Of course, they're going to make things difficult and cause shenanigans when the two are "on a date" sort to speak. Zecora might be involved as well, and they create a love potion to get them together and messing that up too.

I'm also willing to bet that Applebloom will latter realize that her brother and teacher are getting together, and she'll have overreacted thinking and it probably be awkward to have your teacher as a Sister-in-law. She'll probably think she is going have to do more homework or that she'll be under strict watch to make sure she does her homework despite Cherilee being a caring and nice teacher. Even if she does have benefits of having a teacher, she might think her friends might not like her anymore for some reason. Not to mention your teacher knowing embarrassing information about yourself that she might accidentally sputter during school. If she thinks like this, Applebloom might plan on breaking them up somewhere along the line.

This also reminds me of a PowerPuff Girls episode where the girls planned to have Ms Keane and the Professor go on a date, and I could see something similar happen here.

But hey, like with Last Round Up, maybe the synopsis might change. I mean the information for that used to be AJ causing trouble and making her friends angry at her and they thought she left because of it. Now it is something more of an unexplained disappearance mystery. So we might get totally new premise just before the airing of it unless it is final.

What's this? A canned Big Mac centered episode?

From Lauren Faust's DA:

Big Mac is a stallion of little words. He just keeps his opinions to himself. I think he knows he's around three opinionated mares and it's easiest to just go with the flow.

We had a Big Mac centered episode idea where he was helping all three of them one day, just going along with what they wanted to keep the peace (the running gag being that his three family members were quite verbose and he spoke only with facial expressions) but finally got fed up and took off. The Apple ladies worried that they had taken his easy going nature for granted and made a big production out of apologizing and promising not to take him for granted ever again, only to find out that he went into town to get another hand- er, hoof- to help. Of course the only words he'd say were to graciously accept their apologies and promises anyway.

I thought it was cute and I LOVE non-verbal gags and acting in cartoons, but it was turned down.

Source: http://www.equestria...isode-idea.html

Huh, sounded like an interesting episode. To bad it was shot down... sad.png

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I must say I love how blunt the description to the episode is. It's just straight to the point. I'm looking forward to it. more Big mac is always a plus. Speaking of more Big Mac, it's horrible that that Big Mac episode idea was shot down. It sounds awesome.

So, having read Allegrezza up to its latest chapter and having thought it was the best thing since macaroni, (and for the sake of my analogy, screw you if you don't like macaroni) I made the decision to write a piece of music inspired by the fanfic. So, fanmusic. Of a fanfic. Yush...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNbS0NVx5oE

And seeing as I'm too bone-idle to write anything else, I'll just copypasta the video description should you want any information before hitting that play button. Oh, and: funky VFX in 720p FTW. ^_^

This is a piece of electronic music inspired by CoffeeGrunt's awesome My Little Pony fanfiction, Allegrezza. Suitably, it contains ample measures of orchestral, string-type instruments, compounded with a hefty dose of synth-heavy electronica for good measure - and the reasons for this should be obvious to anyone who's read the fanfic itself (and if you haven't, you really ought to fix that).

Vinyl Scratch X Octavia forever! You can almost feel the sweet, harmonious weaving of their love emanating from the synthesised synergy of the music (not really, but I won't stop you from trying to). :P

Allegrezza can (and should) be read starting here: http://tinyurl.com/6tt7gwt

CoffeeGrunt's DeviantArt (add him to your deviantWATCH): http://coffeegrunt.deviantart.com/

Enjoy!

Oh, and while I'm here, this is Equestria Daily's description of Allegrezza: "Octavia is part of a rare breed, a pony that can create beautiful music, despite lacking the horn unicorn musicians love. Her love for music is rivalled only by her love of fine whiskey, but not on the rocks, what kind of charlatan are you?" - NOW READ IT, CHARLATAN!

And I can't wait for The Last Roundup - though Read It and Weep appears to be the most intriguing of all of the upcoming episodes at this point...