Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I haven't seen much complaining about Derpy. I saw a few people on Youtube going on about how it shows that the show is going down hill but other than that, people seem relatively okay with Derpy.

I forgot to mention it in my last post, but Untill today, i didn't have a favorite character on the show, but i do now! Derpy is just so darn great. And it's fitting, because as a kid, my favorite character from the original MLP show was Fizzy, the dumbest pony of that generation.

Edited by batson

..Anyone loves the fact that this is the first Applejack episode in a long time....and its completely overshadowed by Derpy, poor ole AJ just can't catch a break.

• Thumbs Up 6

Surely now that they've finally given her a voice and the name, they must be thinking of a Derpy centric episode soon. A Derpy episode is the next step now... and then maybe the toy.

PInkie stole the whole show despite it being a completely AJ episode. I thought it was good (Lesson 3 still remains my fave). I'm in the minority that does not care much for Derpy, and I kinda prefer Ditzy since it sounded weird when RD refers to her as that (probably something to get used to).

Edited by AdventChild

Whoa, great episode! It's true that Pinkie and Derpy really stole the show!

Was not expecting Derpy to be named... even less expecting her to have lines. I was grinning like an idiot throughout the whole scene.

I kinda prefer Ditzy since it sounded weird when RD refers to her as that (probably something to get used to).

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just read My Little Dashie...

I can see why some bronies like their fanfics so much (always tried to avoid it). I feel like such an emotional prick right now

Edited by Username Already Taken

Had to be in a wedding today, so I wasn't able to watch the episode until early Sunday morning. Well, let's have a look at th-

OH.............. MY................ celestia%20god.jpg

* OH NO! AJ being awesome without her hat! Hasbro toys are taking over!... Oh nevermind.

* I love any and all interaction between AJ and AB. I really do.

* Derpy. Named and spoken. We will never... NEVER hear the end of this. I was probably the only brony who never really cared for the whole Derpy phenomenom, but now that she has a voice and her true personality is allowed to shine, I have to admit, I'm loving her.

* Seems kind of weird that Canterlot would hold the rough and rowdy rodeo competition.

* Spontaneous Pinkie is best Pinkie.

* Background ponies through the roof, and some of the better designs we've seen of late.

* YAY! TEAM MANE6 RETURNS!

* Love the I LOVE LUCY reference. They should so make a flash game out of that... OH PINKY YOU SO CRAZY.

* Spontaneous Non-stop talking PInkie is best Pinkie.

* PINKY PROMISE IN MY EYE.

* Spontaneous Non-stop talking YOU PINKIE PROMISED!!!!!!!!!!! PInkie is best Pinkie.

* "Get the heck outta Dodge..." I see what you did there, AJ. ;D

* I swear, one of these days, Rarity is gonna kill Pinkie.

* Dammit Fluttershy. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!! STOP DOING THAT TO ME!

* Oh AJ, you such a silly pony.

* Oh Rarity is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to kill Pinkie one of these days.

It's interesting that Canterlot is playing a part in more and more episodes...not sure if they're foreshadowing something big happening at the end of the season Canterlot-related, or if I'm just overanalyzing. XD

Ahem, my reactions to this episode

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DERPY TALKED AND WAS CALLED DERPY OHMYGOSHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH YES OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT MY FAVORITE BACK GROUND PONY IS NOW A CANON PONY HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT HER VOICE IS JUST ADORABLE AND THEY DIDNT MAKE HER SOUND RETARDED LIKE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD AND THE EVEN SHOWED LITTLE DINKY TOO OH MY GOD WHEN RAINBOW DASH SAID DERPY AND THEY SHOWED HER AND ALL HER LINES I HONESTLY SCREAMED JOY HOLYFUCKING SHIT IS THIS WHAT FANGASMS FEEL LIKE? ITS BETTER THAN SEEEEEEEX!!!!!!!!!!!

[/fangasm]

*deep breath*

Was it ever confirmed that the Ditzy Doo mentioned in winter wrap up was in fact Derpy? I think it was just speculation.

Oh here go again, we're getting all these assclowns commenting on how they're whoring out the fanbase and ruining the show. Are you kidding me?

• Thumbs Up 4

Was it ever confirmed that the Ditzy Doo mentioned in winter wrap up was in fact Derpy? I think it was just speculation.

When the Mayor used the name, Ditzy Doo was offscreen so there's really no evidence that it was Derpy's original canon name. It probably was, but it doesn't really matter because if it can't be confirmed, it's not technically a retcon.

Oh here go again, we're getting all these assclowns commenting on how they're whoring out the fanbase and ruining the show. Are you kidding me?

There's really nothing wrong with an implicit shoutout every once in a while; it will only start to ruin the show if it's done too consistently and gets in the way of the plot and starts to create unnatural dialogue. Like if the writers started making it seem like Celestia deliberately and consistently trolls other ponies in reference to Trollestia, that would be an unnecessary turn in character development. But I don't see how Derpy appearing and speaking counts as anything close to whoring out to the fanbase.

So, I just finished watching "The Last Roundup". THIS FREAKING EPISODE, MAN. My mind was completely blown to smithereens when I heard Rainbow Dash say "Derpy". At first I thought I misheard things, but then we she subsequently appeared on-screen and had her own spotlight scene... what little was bit of my mind that was left non-blown was quickly decimated.

Anywho, this episode was solid. It was chock full of downright awesome scenes (horey shet Pinkie you continue to be simultaneously terrifying and hilarious) and gave a great spotlight on the mane six as a whole once again! I loved it!

Also, can't help but notice that Derpy's name wasn't the only ascended meme on today's episode. Pay close attention to the Mayor during Applejack's speech.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, can't help but notice that Derpy's name wasn't the only ascended meme on today's episode. Pay close attention to the Mayor during Applejack's speech.

ApplejackxMayor is now OTP.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pay close attention to the Mayor during Applejack's speech.

It's interesting that Canterlot is playing a part in more and more episodes...not sure if they're foreshadowing something big happening at the end of the season Canterlot-related, or if I'm just overanalyzing. XD

I think it wille end with an epic battle for Canterlot in that three part.

Edited by Applejack1973

• Thumbs Up 1

I needed to head out of the house early, but I stuck around as long as I could so I could catch the first ten minutes of The Last Roundup. I am so glad that I did; not only was Derpy's appearance totally unexpected, but it was also just about the best possible interpretation of the character I can imagine. I wasn't even that fond of Derpy before now, but goddamn if she isn't completely adorable. I was even one of those weirdos who sort of preferred the name Ditzy Doo, but right now I ain't even mad.

The episode itself was pretty good; it felt very much like a season 1 episode, but not in a bad way. It was certainly nice to see all of the mane six get to play an important part in an episode for the first time in a while, and the ending was seriously cute.

I should be surprised that Tornado and eXtaticus haven't joined in this coversation yet.

I'm not, though.

^ I am, too. Where the hell are those guys, anyway?

Oh. Right.

In any case, that was one of the most genuinely excellent episodes of the show so far, and I loved it that we were finally allowed to see one of the more insecure sides of Applejack, (she is, of course, a suitably terrible liar) in addition to one of the more emotional sides of Rainbow Dash and an unhealthy dose of Pinkie Pie craziness - and particularly high amounts of kudos to the animation team for making Derpy a speaking character with an actual personality! Any organisation that wants to have a better relationship with their fans should most definitely take a leaf out of DHX's books - of that much we can be sure.

Is it bad that I'm currently thinking of possible scenarios for a shipfic between Derpy and Fluttershy? I think that could be extremely cute - though it'll have to wait until after Music of the Night, my Twiluna fanfic is fully finished and done!

And while I'm here, I might as well plug a little bit of MLP-related fanmusic that I wrote recently - and, once again, I'll let my already-existing video description tell you what it's all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qU84UwbYf4

A little electronica with a little extra; I made the decision to use a harp-esque instrument on this one, keeping somewhat in step with the semi-orchestral feel of my last track, Allegrezza - and, of course, there's heaps of beats and synth in there too, so it's most definitely danceable! This tune was inspired by the picture (drawn by an awesome artist named Noben) seen above in the video, as I wanted to reflect in the music the air of enigmatic beauty that the image conveys, and the name of the track came as a sort of abstract, artsy description of the nighttime vista of Canterlot depicted in the image.

But enough with the wordy pretentiousness; fave, comment on and download the image here: http://tinyurl.com/73rz76g

And add the artist to your deviantWATCH: http://noben.deviantart.com/

Enjoy, love and tolerate! Next time, I make a more comical-sounding track for Derpy Hooves - and I think that this may be the beginning of a Pony-themed EP... ;)

Oh, and an update on my fanfiction: I'm aiming to make it a weekly series from the upload of the second chapter and onwards, providing that my time isn't totally consumed by the heaps of overdue coursework that I'm going to have to plough through over the next few weeks. I do have some rather good ideas for the next few instalments in the saga, though penning it all (so to speak) will undoubtedly take an inordinate amount of time.

Oh Eggsy; what have you gotten yourself into this time? D:

Edited by eXtaticus

I feel that the show has been hitting some of its highest notes in the last few weeks, this is no exception. Made even more awesome with Derpy cool.png

Some of my friends are upset about Derpy because they feel she's being depicted as an insult towards the disabled. While I can see where they're coming from, I doubt that was the intention. If anything, her voice was probably meant to sound silly to fit her airheaded personality. Still, I do hope that people don't take too much offense with her name and characterization because it was clearly a shoutout for the fanbase. :c

Her voice is fairly goofy, but she still sounds a lot more normal than, say, Snails. I was actually surprised that they used as much restraint as they did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of my friends are upset about Derpy because they feel she's being depicted as an insult towards the disabled.

Oh please, that's the kind of thinking that leads to things like someone assuming Rainbow's a lesbian because of her hair. Just because a character is (most likely) mentally challenged doesn't make them a representative for disabled people.