Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

So, where do I apply for joining the herd?

cde5c8cb630e955f8e0719ad7661cab7.png

Just put your brohoof right here and you're in.

Also, give me 10 dollars and a muffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAF9UrPNdTw

I love you Dr.Whoves!

FANFICTION TIME! ("This week sucks" edition)

*Title unrelated to this post's content*

Fallout: Equestria - Pink Eyes: (Completed!)

Puppy... Puppy never changes...

Okay, this story was good, it had some really moving moments but I must confess the ending was quite anticlimatic...

For starters, the far-seer seemed like something way too convenient, this character pretty much did all the job for the heroes (got them together, destroyed the strongest opposition, and died... Those ponies seem to be short lived >_>).

And the "final boss" was kind of disappointing, I guess I should have expected it to act the way it did (it was inside Puppy after all) but still was sort of lame, and I can't shake the feeling a lot of characters died a meaningless death.. I mean... Where did White got the brilliant idea of use firepower against the immortal mass of darkness when he already saw beforehand that weapons did nothing to it... That action revealed the position of many ponies who died in that very same moment... I also can't understand why did the ponies keep fighting instead of trying to escape and re-do the exorcism spell later.

Also, the author's POV of the afterlife are not something I share, and considering how many ponies die in the wasteland the last scene looks kind of weird. (I guess the author tried to either give the ponies who met Puppy some relief and also give the pink pony her happy ending but still.. It made me cringe a little)

But other than that this was a fantastic story, a really nice spin in the FOE universe and a recommended for anyone who liked the original story and want to try something different (I mean, like FOE but with a different "flavor").

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't going to moan at the stamp originally, since it just seemed to be a 'We should only do canonical stuff' argument, and at times I agree with that sentiment.

Until I saw the gay-bashing. Then I got pissed off.

I just had to post this here.

I'm so sorry.

Look, here are many members of SSMB

Ready to sing for this crowd

Listen up, 'cause here's our story,

We’re gonna sing it [VERY LOUD!]

When you're a younger member

And your award page is very bare

Feels like the sun will never come

When your badgie mark's not there

So all of us posters will fight the fight,

There is nothing that we fear!

We'll have to figure out what we'll do next

‘til our badgie marks are here!

We are the Badgie Mark Crusaders,

On a quest to find out who we are!

And we will never stop our posting,

Not until we have our badgie marks!

They all say that you'll get your badge

When your posts are awesome and tight,

And you know just what you're supposed to do

And your speedrun talent comes to light!

But it's not as easy as it sounds

And that waiting's hard to do;

So we test our postings everywhere,

Testing on the forums so blue!

On a quest to find out who we are

Not until we have our badgie marks!Look, here are many members of SSMB

Ready to sing for this crowd

Listen up, 'cause here's our story,

We’re gonna sing it [VERY LOUD!]

When you're a younger member

And your award page is very bare

Feels like the sun will never come

When your badgie mark's not there

So all of us posters will fight the fight,

There is nothing that we fear!

We'll have to figure out what we'll do next

‘til our badgie marks are here!

On a quest to find out who we are!

They all say that you'll get your badge

When your posts are awesome and tight,

And you know just what you're supposed to do

And your speedrun talent comes to light!

But it's not as easy as it sounds

And that waiting's hard to do;

So we test our postings everywhere,

Testing on the forums so blue!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty funny seeing people complain about "sexual deviancy" on deviantArt, I must say. One of these days bigotry will be illegal precisely because of stupid crap like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://sunlightstarry.deviantart.com/art/True-Bronies-Stamp-280749399

I think that I just died a little inside.

Stuff like this makes me truly ashamed of some parts of the fandom and humanity itself.

It's very saddening.

I don't see how or when these shippers ever even IMPLIED that appledash, twixie, etc. Was canon. What in the hell is tgis supposed to be? I suppose true sonic fans don't play post 1998 games too right?

I wasn't going to moan at the stamp originally, since it just seemed to be a 'We should only do canonical stuff' argument, and at times I agree with that sentiment.

Until I saw the gay-bashing. Then I got pissed off.

My thoughts exactly. At first I didn't see what the big deal was, as I myself am not really a fan of shipping, particularly when characters are portrayed as having a different sexuality just to please somebody's personal wet dream. Mind you, I'm not sure ANYONE has ever regarded this stuff as canon, and if someone does then whoop-de-fucking-doo. I've come to realize recently that canon more or less only exists in the eye of the beholder. Then she calls homosexuality a "sexual deviation, an abnormality, which is not appropriate for kids." It baffles me whenever someone expresses such hateful views in today's world. After everything history has taught us, after all of the mistakes and atrocities such viewpoints have commited, it's just so depressing to see that people like this are still around.

• Thumbs Up 4

The funny thing is...I've seen that part of the episode and only that part and I believe it is the best episode ever.

To add on to Tornado's point, I recall the creators of Pokemon taking Brock off the show because Pokemon was going more mainstream and they didn't want to offend anyone because Brock had eye slits and they associated that with Chinese.

The fandom thought it was bullshit and demanded that Brock come back for the sake of that he was a great character and it wasn't offensive to begin with.

Honestly, there are people who are like Derpy and aren't mentally retarded just...derpy.Is it wrong to be that way? No. Are they making fun of people that way? I can't compare it to Blackface as it doesn't seem mean spirited at all. In fact, this whole debate reminds me of that whole Adopted fiasco with Portal 2. People just need to get some meat to their bone and lighten up.

Edited by turbojet

A character being clumsy with a lazy eye and somewhat slurred speech doesn't even begin to equal mental retardation (and it kind of needs to for the comparison to work), nor can you make the connection that people like her because she is. It is connecting dots that are only able to be connected because you want them connected. I do not for a moment believe that any one of the people involved with the show intended to portray her has mentally retarded, and intent makes a huge difference when you claim that calling a character Derpy and making her clumsy will be viewed as the mental handicapped equivalent of blackface 50 years from now.

I want to clarify that this is how I feel as well. What I'm getting at is that Derpy's detractors, justified or not, view our amusement at this character with the same sort of contempt that we view the aforementioned racist caricatures with.

My main point is that while I staunchly disagree with their stance, as someone who likes Derpy myself, I can understand the conviction they have and I don't really fault them for their anger. If I was as convinced as they were that MLP had adopted a horribly prejudiced joke character, I'd be upset too, however faulty my position might be in so doing.

Or, to put it another way; I think their interpretation of the character is fundamentally wrong, but they're responding in the right way based on that wrong interpretation. Derpy isn't a parody of the mentally disabled, but if she actually was (Which is what they think), their reactions wouldn't be unfounded. And that's why I can kinda understand them being upset, even though I feel they've completely misunderstood the intent of Derpy's character.

I think that's the gist of my stance on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

My thoughts exactly. At first I didn't see what the big deal was, as I myself am not really a fan of shipping, particularly when characters are portrayed as having a different sexuality just to please somebody's personal wet dream. Mind you, I'm not sure ANYONE has ever regarded this stuff as canon, and if someone does then whoop-de-fucking-doo. I've come to realize recently that canon more or less only exists in the eye of the beholder. Then she calls homosexuality a "sexual deviation, an abnormality, which is not appropriate for kids." It baffles me whenever someone expresses such hateful views in today's world. After everything history has taught us, after all of the mistakes and atrocities such viewpoints have commited, it's just so depressing to see that people like this are still around.

Wow, I don't even like My Little Pony and this pissed me off. It's not even the sexual deviancy comment. He/She states their group only allows "Quality" equality, like we're in some George Orwell novel. Also he/she doesn't want to leave open comments because they're afraid of backlash? If you're afraid of backlash don't make such comments, instead of silencing any response. It doesn't erase backlash on your artwork, just makes you seem like a child while ranking up the reports on that art.

Anyways, back to ponies.

Is there even a way to turn off comments on your main dA page? If not, then if someone is REALLY angry, they can always just comment there, anyway...I don't see the point of that, though. I just ignore groups like "E-qual-estria"(sp?) for the sake of my sanity. :/

I've actually checked creator of the stamp's DA, and my god, are her and her friends the smuggest of A-holes I've ever seen. Everything they say is pretty much a reference to the bible. If someone questions that, then they pretty much go, "Neener neener, I'm right, you're wrong, neener neener." I can't stand those type of people.

But anyways I think I've derailed the topic enough... Well, back to Ponies before the mods get pissed, lol.

So, anyways, I've been reading Fanfiction again. The most recent one I've read tragedy involving Pinkie Pie... WHY PINKIE PIE?! I LOVEDED YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Anyways not since my childhood years have I read this much fanfiction... Except this time, I can tell the bad fanfics from the good. I've been meaning to check out the Vinyl Scratch Tapes. Yeah, I know it's sort of a shipping fic (Not a fan of that) But if the shipping is not the main focus on the story, I'm definitely considering it.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Oh God, that girl and her anti-homosexuality. Seriously, people with those sorts of opinions still exist?

What was most entertaining is rather than posting a comment to her wall, I posted a Journal about it. A hundred enraged bronies do the job for me. :3

Also, shush you, Toro. You and your AppleDash supremacist ways!

And people who think Derpy is an insult to the mentally disabled, are...well, retarded in themselves. Seriously, it's a staple of every comedy ever. The dumb guy. Not just in animation, but in live action as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm extremely, extremely bored. Link me to any one pony episode, and I will watch it in its entirity. I will only give you this one chance to make me think the show is worth my time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm extremely, extremely bored. Link me to any one pony episode, and I will watch it in its entirity. I will only give you this one chance to make me think the show is worth my time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAejz501jYc

Be warned, there is no turning back... unless you want to... if that's ok with you.

Edited by BatGuy

If you're going into it expecting to dislike it, I don't see the point. |:

Oh, fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1v3CfrOto

There's the first episode, which is part one of a two-episode pilot. It's not the best, but I looking back on it, they introduced the characters really well. Some people describe the actual plot of the first two episodes as too "anime-ish", though, something that doesn't really carry on to other episodes (apparently? I honestly have no clue : P).

And before I could send this message, ninja'd. I don't dislike Lesson Zero, but I'm not sure if it's the best suggestion for first episode...

Funnily enough, I went into the pilot episodes intending to hate the show. It'll be interesting to see Emerald's reaction...

• Thumbs Up 3

And before I could send this message, ninja'd. I don't dislike Lesson Zero, but I'm not sure if it's the best suggestion for first episode...

Why not? Seeing the lead character go bananas is always a fun hook. XD