Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Having Spike on with Rarity makes him follow her around. XDD And when you click on Derpy you hold her by the hoofs.

Is it weird the desktop ponies kind of make me want there to be desktop Sonic and shitty friends? biggrin.png

Oh, and this is old, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgxng11xefE&list=FLvJzDYzasIymOP3I5dRiIVg&index=45&feature=plpp_video

This is from youtuber SUPERMARIOGALAXY13, and he posts a lot of short and silly MLP videos like this, many of them crossovers.

EDIT:

And now I'm trying to figure out who is who.

Rainbow Dash = Link. Rarity = Zelda? The bullies from "Sonic Rainboom" and "Cutie Mark Chronicles" = Groose and his "friends". Discord is definitely Ghirahim.

Nightmare Moon = Demise, maybe?

why do i think about these things? ._. DARN YOU CROSSOVERS OF THINGS I LOVE

Edited by ElementofChaos7

Oh my YES someone totally needs to make Sonic and friends shimejis~~~. Using the Advance/Battle sprites. :3

But ponies! Um

I need to watch more episodes, I watched the new CMC one and enjoyed it way~~~~~~ too much. XDDDD

I think the next Applejack episode is about showing her rage then.

Edited by Applejack1973

http://www.equestria...originally.html

So Faust was involved with the creation of Cadence, but was turned into an alicorn after her departure. I guess the idea of Cadence being an object of executive meddling and another way to sell more toys seems slightly legit or the only explanation. I wasn't too fond of another alicorn in the first place, and hoping that she is part of a dream or storybook and doesn't actually exists. Though the studio would probably make something good from this, and if not, hopefully, they won't look at the subject again and ignore it or maybe retcon that it didn't happen. Probably have fan complaint warfare like with the Derpy incident.

My only problem with it is how they handle the whole "world nearly ended twice in the past year and she was nowhere to be found" thing.

Okay, pony friends...

McD_MLP_FIM_Set.png

Coming March 5th! To McDonalds!

Wow, that Fluttershy looks more like Fluttershy than most of the non-mcdonalds figures of her that I've seen.

... wonder if I can convince my little sis to start eating happy meals again...

Edited by Legendary Emerald

I love how the bronies always jump to conclusions when a new character such as Cadence is announced...

"She's gonna suck because she's PINK! Oh noes! D:"

"Oh noes she's an Alicorn it makes no sense!"

Guys, just WAIT until the episode comes out! The MLP writers so far have not dissapointed us. Everybody loved Luna, everybody (except for a minority) loved Ditzy, so let's see what they can do with Cadence. I'm looking forward to the episode and it'll be interesting to see how they will handle a new Alicorn pony.

EDIT: Yesssss! Finally, McDonald's Poniessss! <333

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

My only problem with it is how they handle the whole "world nearly ended twice in the past year and she was nowhere to be found" thing.

http://www.equestria...originally.html

So Faust was involved with the creation of Cadence, but was turned into an alicorn after her departure. I guess the idea of Cadence being an object of executive meddling and another way to sell more toys seems slightly legit or the only explanation. I wasn't too fond of another alicorn in the first place, and hoping that she is part of a dream or storybook and doesn't actually exists. Though the studio would probably make something good from this, and if not, hopefully, they won't look at the subject again and ignore it or maybe retcon that it didn't happen. Probably have fan complaint warfare like with the Derpy incident.

Honestly I don't see the worries. The season so far has been great and the writers know what they're. Also it's never been said Celestia and Luna are the only alicorns or if all alicorns are gods. if anything, alicorns might be a rare breed. Too be honest I wish people would stop worrying and just wait until the episode comes out instead of immediately jumping to the conclusion of executive meddling. The writers know what they're doing so relax. Seriously, did anyone think that after Faust left that the writers decided to make Cadance an alicorn of their own will for their own reasons?

On a better, less worried, note, there is an update on Ponycart.

http://youtu.be/wyMSoaMMYyY

Is it bad that my first thought when the background ponies were shown was "Lyra isn't sitting like a human"? Still the games looks pretty awesome so far.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just watched MAD's new "My Little Warhorse" parody. It was pretty funny. (I liked Pinkie always being confused and Fluttershy being the drill sergeant.) Also, Tara Strong reprises her role as Twilight Sparkle for the segment and even does double duty as Pinkie. That's a nice touch.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Saw the MAD skit. I enjoyed it. Fluttershy being the drill Sargent and Pinkie breaking the fourth was nice. I also liked the brony shout out. It was a fun little parody.

*Cakes says "Yay friends!"*

*Pinkie falls face first in to cake*

*Cake now says "GO BRONIES!"*

"How is that even possible?"

It's on Youtube in not too bad quality.

"Hearts and Hooves" was nice, new figures are AWESOME, and the MADtv skit was okay.

With that out of the way, OH MY GOD PonyKart UPDATE!

The amount of work and finesse being put into this game is insane. I would go out my way to make sure that the people working on this game get paid one way or another. I will send rolls of quarters via messenger pigeons if necessary. Heck, Hasbro should smarten up and officially license it once it's finished so we can see this made widely available on consoles or something. It looks fantastic so far.

Edited by E-10000B

Just watched MAD's new "My Little Warhorse" parody. It was pretty funny. (I liked Pinkie always being confused and Fluttershy being the drill sergeant.) Also, Tara Strong reprises her role as Twilight Sparkle for the segment and even does double duty as Pinkie. That's a nice touch.

I caught that as well and got a good laugh out of it. It was great to hear Tara Strong having a role in it too.

Saw the MAD skit. I enjoyed it. Fluttershy being the drill Sargent and Pinkie breaking the fourth was nice. I also liked the brony shout out. It was a fun little parody.

*Cakes says "Yay friends!"*

*Pinkie falls face first in to cake*

*Cake now says "GO BRONIES!"*

"How is that even possible?"

It's on Youtube in not too bad quality.

That was actually pretty funny and surprisingly in character. They even made a "Generation 4" comment. Lol'd at the Tintin part too. "My adventures aren't boring!" "Okay fine, they're 'European.'"

EDIT:

DAT ANIMATION

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 4

131526%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Ahappyponiesdoinghappythings%20silly%20tagme%20valentines.jpg

D:

FANFICTION TIME! ("forever-alone.gif" edition)

Coincidentally, this week is full of shipping.

Brotherly Bond: (Completed!)

There are some points I didn't like in this otherwise good story.

Scoots characterization seemed to be a bit off, maybe a little too mean to justify what Crash Jet would do in the middle chapter... I'm also a bit disappointed that there was no reason for this attitude. TBH for a moment I thought this would turn into yet another Scootasad fic (and I see myself surprisingly disappointed that this wasn't the case), I was expecting her to be the first one to start bonding with Pip and show that under all that animosity there was a filly suffering as much as he (the latter role turned out to fall in Apple Bloom)... So yeah, I'm a bit angry at how the author made Scoot a jerk for no reason.

The other thing I didn't like is the whole supernatural way the ponies got away from their problems, but that's because I'm a bit like Twi pre-Feeling Pinkie Keen so I'm not sure if you readers should pay attention to it. (I feel like it's weak storytelling when something magical happens to solve a problem, even in this setting)

I also think Crash mistagged this fic, since I wasn't able to find a single bit of [Comedy] in it (I actually found more ship material than comedy... I'm a bit scared about the implications of me being able to see things like that).

But other than that it was a good read.

*not rated*

The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle:

This chapter is fine and all...

But I really don't like the idea of love magic... Actually, it's more like I'm not fond of the idea of love magic being so common that every unicorn has to be taught how to use it and why shouldn't be used.

It opens a really frightful possibility of Unicorn love being a rarity (olololololololololo) in Equestria. I know they take ethic classes to avoid using such a thing but you can tell from Rarity how well that worked out... From what we've seen in this fic 1 out of 3 unicorns have been using the spell! That's a quite disturbing thought...

That or Rarity's actions are exclusive to her but that actually ends up making her look like utter trash, and I don't like to think a pony so dear to me as the only unicorn pathetic enough to incur in such offensive practices...

And as fanboy as that sounds like at the same time I'm also annoyed at how she pretty much got away scat free from that... She messed up with somebody's heart using an illegal spell and nothing happened to her! That's all kinds of messed up because it implies anypony could do it and pay no consequences other than regret (and that's not going to happen in all of the cases... Hell, even Rarity just shrugged of everything and started thinking about making a dress for Rainbow at the end of the very same chapter this was brought up).

And thank goodness Grave played the alternate universe card in this chapter (should I mention, for complete different reasons) because otherwise that would give me some really awful thoughts about what the white unicorn did with Spike and other not so important characters.

I'm really not sure what to think out of this... It seemed just to be there to give a reason for Rarity to be angry at Trixie... Which also bothers me a little.

Other than that the chapter was golden (as usual)... I especially loved the beginning with Derpy (though I can't remember how the Crusaders got involved in all of this... Should probably "reread ALL the fanfic!" later).

Under Your Wings: (Completed!)

I can't remember if I posted about this fic before.

It looks like your typical Scootasad story but I have to give it credit for being better thought than the rest of the bunch dealing with the very same topic this one does, I bet there must be more, better Scootasad out there that deals with other topics... (I have one of these in my fic list and I'm really eager to read it when the time comes).

The first story is not so different from the rest IMO but the other 2 make a fine job giving us a lot more insight in the situation, they explain a lot of points left in blank by the original and overall make the whole fic "better".

So yeah, if you are willing to read yet another one of these stories I say go for it.

Rating: 3 Stars

Progress:

So... the end of the latest chapter (it's author notes so no spoilers) states that Andrew is going to make Luna Vs Threesome "canon".

Not like I actually mind about that...

But anyways, Luna continues her career as a vigilante, this time has the brilliant idea of make some crime on her own and hire Hoyden as her nemesis, typical to this situation a real villain (sort of) appears and starts messing things up, hilarity ensues.

I have to say, I loved the quick inclusion of the Flim Flam brothers, since their machinations and personality fit perfectly with the tone of this fic. (and I think mad scientist Luna would get along with them biggrin.png )

Can't wait to see where this goes.

Fixing up Miss Smartypants: (Completed!)

So yeah...

I totally forgot about Fluttershy last week.

tongue.png

Anyway, I can't shake the feeling that most of the resolutions were kind of sudden... In some cases like the Rarity/Rainbow finale was because you just can't pause time in writing (unless you become really descriptive about what happens while such thing happens)... That rescue scene went a lot slower in my head and that made it more satisfying than the written version. tongue.png

In other cases it just fell flat, Luna and Pinkie's relationship comes out of nowhere (actually it was hinted in the previous chapter but with being so straightforward and having no build up at all it just doesn't feel right), The resolution between Derpy and the doctor was also kind of rushed, the same could be said about Vinyl and Octy who just broke up and got together in no time at all and there was barely any dialogue as for why did this happened (did they just fall in love again for what the DJ did with Trixie?). I can't shake the feeling most of the scenes between the musical ponies (funny, we could also add Sweetie Belle here) were kinda unnecessary and wasted space that could have been used otherwise (Lyra went through a lot of problems but at the end she managed to get engaged, I would have loved to see that instead of being just left offscreen and as a side comment thrown at the end of the story)

Trixie is another point I didn't quite like since she is presented as a jerk who took advantage of Fluttershy's situation with AJ, makes you wonder how the heck did she end up with Octavia before ditching her just because she found her boring... Yet, despite all of this her ending is incredibly sad. I wish there was an actual reason to feel bad for her instead of me just being like that because I would never wish that kind of situation to anyone. (not even a fictional Jerk like Trixs).

I'm also sort of disappointed at how well things went at the end, one would expect certain situations to blow up in the characters faces but they were handled in a relatively tame way... One would aso expect some character grown and development from such hardships but since everything went okay in the end we really didn't get a lot of this. (not saying it was nonexistent)

But despite this I have to recognize that this is a really good fic, a comedy of misunderstandings of a magnitude that I haven't seen in a long time ago, funny from the beginning to the end... There are some rough points here and there but if you like shiupping (or laugh at the romance genre's expenses) then you should check this one.

Alegrezza: (Completed!)

Welp.

Let's see...

So, Vinyl and Tavi get to the gala, after a bit of walking and instrument tuning the white unicorn finds Bon Bon who apparently recieved a special assignment from Celestia to "live things up"...

TBH I find a bit OOC that someone who usually is as subtle and careful at planning like Celly would be so blunt as to just grab 1 random pony and ask her to prank the hell out of the gala, also the pranks rather mean spirited (though I guess what the earth pony did was nothing compared to an unintentional animal stampede).

So yeah, Bon Bon and Vinyl put some kind of wing stimulant drug in a batch o cupcakes and the Wonderbolts eat them up, and after a few minutes they just go "pomf"... The rest of the ponies are clearly offended by this shameful display!! The nerve! How dare they exhibit such a thing in public! It's an insult to every pegasus who has ere.... err.... wing dysfunction!!!! Yeah!!! Let's ban them from the gala!!

mlfw1319_huge.jpg

So the pranking streak continues this time Vinyl unintentionally giving a whole bottle of horn stimulant to Douche (unintentional at the beginning after the chat with prince charmless she doesn't regret that little mess up), a shame we don't really get to see how that played out in the end... And still strikes me as odd how blunt Celeestia is here in order to let Luna know that she would rather let their nephew loose for a bit.

Anyway, the story continues and we have an award ceremony out of nowhere! (a bit of foreshadowing would have been nice) And Octy is being nominated for... Something.... She did... Somewhere... Yeah... (I feel Coffee could have been done something else here, I was thinkng about giving Octy her own CD but would make you wonder why that wasn't brough up sooner... Still, he could have at least name a specific memorable performance that granted her the nomination for the hoofie).

And she wins! The next scene is quite moving I was expecting it to end with a kiss or something like that (unintentionally revealing their "not so secret" to the world) but I also like what the author did here.

And after that we get the grand finale. With Vinyl being uncharacteristically nervous (that's not a critic) and leading Octy to the gardens, where she gives a manly tears inducing marriage proposal (As the DJ told us, she is not good with words... but there's a lot of feeling put in it).

So, what do I think about Allegrezza? Well, it's obviously lacking a bit in substance. Nothing really happens outside the building of the relationship of the 2 main ponies... There is only one story arc and it's kinda tame (compared to what we have in other fics), no conflict (or whenever Coffee tried to introduce something like that it kind of felt flat), not a lot of characters nor story points for someone to care about (this might get improved once we get our LyraBon "expansion packl" :P )... it's mostly just Vinyl and Tavi falling in love and learning to deal with it.

I said before that a love story doesn't really need drama to be good and I still stand in my position because the fic is good, it has a lot of heartwarming and funny moments... But I still feel it lacks a bit of the emotion one experiences while reading other stories.

Certainly not a story I (or any brony) should take seriously, but that might be because that was never the author's intention, :P

And that's it for this week! Check this post in 7 days to find out about how to have some secret tub fun without the tub.... Or the fun.... (But at least it's still secret!)

Also, we'll have some bittersweet letters, Rainbow Dash dressing in style and some CMC.

Oh my god. No fucking way.

First I get a 2nd season of the Vinyl Scratch Tapes, and now I get a sequel to On A Cross And Arrow.

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Thumbs Up 1

First I get a 2nd season of the Vinyl Scratch Tapes, and now I get a sequel to On A Cross And Arrow.

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

Hi Pinkie Pie!

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

Damn it. I don't have time for this!